Aroosa Alam Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Boyfriend: Captain Amarinder Singh
Age: 66 Years
|Profession(s)||• Pakistani Defense Journalist
• President of South Asia Free Media Association (SAFMA)
|Famous For||Being a close friend of Captain Amarinder Singh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Debut||Journalist: She made her debut as a journalist after she released investigative reports on the Agosta-90B submarine deals that reportedly led to the arrest of then Pakistan naval chief Mansurul Haq in 1997
|Date of Birth||22 May 1955 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||66 Years|
|Religion||Islam Hindustan Times|
|Controversies||• Relations with Pakistan getting stronger
In 2007, when Aroosa visited India to meet Captain Amrinder Singh, both of them were alleged to be in a romatic relationship, but they denied the rumours and claimed that they were just good friends. According to Captain, Alam had visited him to check on his ill mother. The Indian Express
• Disgrace to Islam
In 2007, Maulana Mabibur Rehman Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid Ludhiana issued a fatwa on Aroosa Alam and claimed for her boycott by the Muslims. He said that in Islam, women are not allowed to have any relation except her brother, father and son. The Times of India
• Denied Indian Visa
In 2017, it was reported that Captain`s wife Preneet Kaur agreed on Alam vising India but she would not be given Visa to India. The Quint
• Link with ISI
In 2021, Aroosa was linked to be an ISI agent from Pakistan by the Punjab Congress leaders. They even demanded a probe on her. She said that she had been visiting India for the past 16 years and she was not an ISI agent. Her friend Amarinder Singh shared her images with opther Indian leaders on his Facebook page. The Tribune
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• ISI chief Faiz Hameed (rumoured)
• Captain Amarinder Singh (rumoured) The Quint
|Husband/ Spouse||Name Not Known|
• Fakhr-e-Alam (TV host and singer)
• Rafey Alam (Barrister in Dhaka)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Policeman)
Mother- Aqleem Akhtar (also known as General Rani)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aroosa Alam
- Aroosa Alam is a Pakistani journalist who also works as a President of the South Asia Free Media Association (SAFMA) to promote peace and amity between India and Pakistan. The Quint
- She started her journalism career in 1986. She gained fame when she investigated the case on Agosta-90B submarine deals that ended up putting Pakistan naval chief Mansurul Haq behind the bars in 1997.
- Aroosa`s mother, popularly known as ‘General Rani,’ was the mistress of Pakistani leader Yahya Khan. She was the most powerful woman from 1969 till 1971. She was also known as the muse of the leader.
- Aroosa was given various titles by the Indian media and the opposition parties. These names include ‘First lady of Punjab’ and ‘Amarinder Singh`s live-in partner.’ India Today She has known Amarinder for over a decade now.
- Aroosa and Captain Amarinder Singh met each other for the first time in 2004 when Amarinder visited Pakistan for some work.
- In 2007, for the first time, there were rumours of them being in a relationship, which were denied by Aroosa. In an interview, talking about her relationship with Amarinder, she said,
It’s a sensitive issue, I am a Muslim woman, and you know how people back home think. There are fundoos (fundamentalists), there are terrorists. Women are in trouble in Pakistan.”
- In 2007, she also bashed Indian media for making headlines about her relationship with Amarinder. The Indian Express
- In 2010, in an interview with a radio channel, Aroosa was asked what she liked about Amarinder, and she replied, ‘Amarinder’s simplicity and “aankh ki sharam.” Hindustan Times
- On 16 March 2017, when Amarinder Singh took oath as the Chief Minister of Punjab, the ceremony was attended by Aroosa. She was given the tickets for VVIP seats. India Today
- In 2017, Aroosa was also present at the book launch of the book ‘The People`s Maharaja,’ a book based on the life of Captain Amarinder Singh written by author Khushwant Singh. The book also includes a chapter on the relation between Aroosa and Amarinder.
- She was also described as a threat to the security of India and an ISI agent who kept vising India. In an interview, she talked about the allegation and said,
I have travelled with Presidents and Prime Ministers on official state visits. Does that make me an ISI agent? If any of you travels abroad with your Prime Minister, does that make you an agent of the RAW? I am definitely not an ISI agent.”
- She has visited India a lot of times to meet Captain Amarinder Singh. Earlier, she used to stay at his house in Patiala but now, she stays in Chandigarh.
- Amarinder has never accepted his relationship with Aroosa publicly. His wife has also not spoken anything about the rumours.
- She is an avid dog lover and often posts pictures of her dog on Facebook.
- She has two grandchildren, and she often posts pictures of them on social media.