Some Lesser Known Facts About Jatin Sapru
- Does Jatin Sapru smoke: Not Known
- Does Jatin Sapru drink alcohol: Not Known
- Jatin was born into a family of academic Kashmiri Pandits. His grandfather was a reputed professor, and the family lived comfortably on a farm in Kashmir.
- Because of regular communal agitations in Kashmir, the family had to leave their home; the agitations forced them to shift to a one-bedroom apartment in Delhi.
- Jatin excelled at sports in his school. Cricket, Javelin Throw and Shotput were his areas of ‘expertise.’
- He first took up engineering at his father’s behest, but gradually lost interest and opted to drop-out. In an Interview, he said, “Dropping out of Engineering was a difficult decision. But I had always enjoyed literature and theater, and English had always been a strong point, so when I made it into a journalism course, I immediately felt like I belonged.“
- Jatin started working small stints while at college and did odd jobs with an event manager. Post that, he chose to intern at a small-scale media channel.
- In the third year of his graduation, Jatin started working for Tangerine, where he scripted sports content for network providers, airline magazines, and commentated for mobile ESPN. He, however, earned a meager INR 6500, and his future looked bleak.
- Jatin’s stint with Star Sports/Espn began after winning a Talent Hunt competition organized by ESPN. Since then he has stayed with the Channel and has proven to be a loyal employee.