|Real Name||Nawazuddin Siddiqui|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Date of Birth||19 May 1974|
|Age (as in 2018)||44 Years|
|Birth Place||Budhana, Muzaffarnagar district, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Budhana, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||B S S Inter College Budhana, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh|
|College||Gurukul Kangri University, Haridwar, Uttarakand
The National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Science in Chemistry|
|Film Debut||Sarfarosh (1999)|
|Famous Role||Faizal Khan- Gangs of Wasseypur (part 1 & 2)
|Family||Father- Late Nawabuddin Siddiqui (farmer)
Brothers- Shamaz Nawab Siddiqui, Ayazuddin Siddiqui and 5 others
|Address||Yari Road, Andheri West, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Flying Kites, Watching Films, Farming|
|Controversies||In October 2017, his former girlfriends Sunita Rajwar and actress Niharika Singh (who co-starred with him in Miss Lovely) accused him of misrepresenting facts in his biography- An Ordinary Life: A Memoir.
Following the heavy criticism, Nawaz announced he's withdrawing his biography, few days after its release.
A complaint against Nawazuddin was made with the National Commission for Women (NCW).
Niharika Singh's advocate Gautam Gulati, on behalf of Niharika, lodged a complaint against Nawazuddin for "outraging the modesty of the actress.
Sunita Rajwar also sued him for defaming her in his memoir.
|Favourite Actor||Ashish Vidyarthi|
|Favourite Destination||Jaisalmer, Rajasthan|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Niharika Singh (Actress)
|Car/Bike Collection||Ford Endeavor (SUV)|
|Salary (approx.)||4-5 Crores (INR)/Film|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some lesser known facts about Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Does Nawazuddin Siddiqui smoke?: Yes
- Does Nawazuddin Siddiqui drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born to a Zamindari Muslim family known as Numberdars in a small town- Budhana in the Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh.
- His father was a farmer and also has an Aara Machine.
- He is eldest of his 9 siblings.
- He has a degree in Chemistry, and during his days of struggle, he worked at a Chemist shop in Vadodara.
- He moved to Delhi to pursue his acting aspirations and joined a theater group. Since there was not enough money in theaters, he worked as a watchman to make his subsistence.
- He was enrolled in the National School of Drama (NSD), and after passing out of the NSD, he moved to Mumbai in 2004 to pursue his acting career further.
- While in Mumbai, Nawaz had to face one of the worst years of his struggle. He had to stay in the apartment of one of his seniors at the NSD on the condition to cook the meal for him.
- He made his Bollywood debut in 1999 with a very small role in the Aamir Khan starrer film- Sarfarosh.
- Initially, he worked at the film studios and got only stereotypical roles.
- He appeared as a pickpocket in the 2003 comedy drama- Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.- starring Sunil Dutt and Sanjay Dutt.
- He tried to get work in the Television Industry but could not get success.
- He remained out of work between 2002-05 and shared a flat with 4 other people.
- In 2007, he got a role in Anurag Kashyap’s Black Friday which paved his way for other important roles.
- His 1st lead role appearance in a feature film was as a wedding singer- Chakku in Prashant Bhargava’s Patang (2007-08).
- He also appeared in a cameo role in the song- Emotional Atyachar of the 2009 movie- Dev D.
- He got recognition as an actor in the 2010 Aamir Khan Productions’- Peepli Live in which his role was of a journalist.
- In 2012, after playing the role of an Intelligence Officer in the film- Kahaani, he became a household name.
- Nawazuddin describes his role of Sonu Duggal in Ashim Ahluwalia’s- Miss Lovely as his most real performance so-far which was premiered at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival.
- His role of Faizal Khan in Anurag Kashyap’s- Gangs of Wasseypur is considered as a cult.
- He appeared in a number of films including- Talaash, Kick, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Maajhi – The Mountain Man, etc. and his roles in these films received critical acclaims.
- At the 2015 New York Indian Film Festival, he bagged the Best Actor Award for his role in the film- Haraamkhor.
- His younger brother- Shamaz Nawab Siddiqui is a film director.
- In 2015, his father died due to brain hemorrhage; he was paralyzed for a few years before passing away.
- He married Anjali at a very young age; Anjali & Nawazuddin are from the same village.
- He is a very shy person; he likes to stay quiet and away from stardom.
- He has worked with all the 3 Khans of Bollywood. (Salman- Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Aamir- Talaash & Shah Rukh- Raees).
- During an interview, Nawaz revealed that had he not become an actor, he would have become a farmer as he still holds his ancestral farm fields back at home in Budhana, Uttar Pradesh.
- Here’s a glimpse of Nawazuddin’s life:
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡