Hometown: Budhana, Muzaffarnagar
Age: 44 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Sarfarosh (1999)
TV: Parsai Kehte Hain (2001; on DD National)
|Awards, Honours||2012: National Film Awards in the category of "Special Jury Award" for the films- Talaash: The Answer Lies Within, Kahaani, Gangs of Wasseypur, and Dekh Indian Circus
2013: Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for the film "Lunchbox"
|Date of Birth||19 May 1974|
|Age (as in 2018)||44 Years|
|Birthplace||Budhana, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Budhana, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||B. S. S. Inter College Budhana, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh|
|College/University||• Gurukul Kangri University, Haridwar, Uttarakand
• The National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Science in Chemistry|
Note: He considers himself not just a Muslim, but a bit of all religions. Huffpost
|Address||A 3-bedroom sea-facing apartment in Versova, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Flying Kites, Watching Films, Farming|
|Controversies||• In October 2017, his former girlfriends Sunita Rajwar and actress Niharika Singh (who co-starred with him in Miss Lovely) accused him of misrepresenting facts in his biography- An Ordinary Life: A Memoir.
Following the heavy criticism, Nawaz announced he's withdrawing his biography, few days after its release.
A complaint against Nawazuddin was made with the National Commission for Women (NCW).
Niharika Singh's advocate Gautam Gulati, on behalf of Niharika, lodged a complaint against Nawazuddin for "outraging the modesty of the actress."
Sunita Rajwar also sued him for defaming her in his memoir.
• In July 2018, Rajeev Sinha, a Congress politician from the West Bengal, lodged an F.I.R. against Nawazuddin and the producers of the Netflix web series, Sacred Games for defaming the former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, and also, for taking the level of Bollywood to a new low.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Niharika Singh (actress)
|Parents||Father- Late Nawabuddin Siddiqui (a farmer)
|Siblings||Brother(s)- Shamas Nawab Siddiqui (filmmaker), Ayazuddin Siddiqui and 5 more
Sister(s)- 2 (Names Not Known)
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Ashish Vidyarthi|
|Favourite Film||Vittorio De Sica’s The Bicycle Thief (1948)|
|Favourite Destination||Jaisalmer, Rajasthan|
|Car(s) Collection||• Ford Ikon
• Ford Endeavor (SUV)
|Assets/Properties||A one-bedroom flat in Zohra Nagar, Andheri West, Mumbai|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Does Nawazuddin Siddiqui smoke?: Yes (a chain smoker) The Telegraph
- Does Nawazuddin Siddiqui drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born into a Zamindar Muslim Family called as Numberdars.
- His father was a farmer and also used to run an Aara Machine (a wood cutting machine).
- He is eldest of his 9 siblings.
- Throughout his childhood, he studied under the lamp; as electricity was a rarity in his village.
- After his schooling, he moved to Haridwar to pursue his graduation in Chemistry at the Gurukul Kangri University. During his graduation, he used to participate in various extra-curricular activities such as declamation, painting, and drama.
- He has a degree in Chemistry, and during his days of struggle, he worked at a Chemist shop in Vadodara.
- He moved to Delhi to pursue his acting aspirations and joined a theatre group. Since there was not enough money in theatres, he worked as a watchman for the subsistence for around 5 years.
- He was enrolled in the National School of Drama (NSD), and after passing out of the NSD, he moved to Mumbai in 2004 to pursue his acting career further.
- While in Mumbai, Nawaz had to face one of the worst years of his struggle. He had to stay in the apartment of one of his seniors at the NSD on the condition that he would cook the meal for him.
- He made his Bollywood debut in 1999 with a very small role in the Aamir Khan starrer film- Sarfarosh.
- Initially, he worked at the film studios and got only stereotypical roles.
- He appeared as a pickpocket in the 2003 comedy drama- Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.- starring Sunil Dutt and Sanjay Dutt.
- He tried to get work in the Television Industry but could not get success.
- He remained out of work between 2002-05 and shared a flat with 4 other people in Mumbai.
- In 2007, he got a role in Anurag Kashyap‘s Black Friday, which paved his way for other important roles.
- His first lead role appearance in a feature film was as a wedding singer- Chakku in Prashant Bhargava’s Patang (2007-08). Nawazuddin considers his role in the film as the turning point of her acting career.
- He also appeared in a cameo role in the song- Emotional Atyachar of the 2009 movie- Dev D.
- He got recognition as an actor in the 2010 Aamir Khan Productions’- Peepli Live in which his role was of a journalist.
- In 2012, after playing the role of an Intelligence Officer in the film- Kahaani, he became a household name.
- Nawazuddin describes his role of Sonu Duggal in Ashim Ahluwalia’s- Miss Lovely as his most realistic performance so-far, which was premiered at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival.
- His role of Faizal Khan in Anurag Kashyap‘s- Gangs of Wasseypur, established him as one of the most promising actors in the Indian Film Industry.
- At the 2015 New York Indian Film Festival, he bagged the Best Actor Award for his role in the film- Haraamkhor.
- In 2015, his father died due to brain haemorrhage; he was paralyzed for a few years before passing away.
- He married Anjali at a very young age; Anjali & Nawazuddin are from the same village.
- He is a very shy person; he likes to stay quiet and away from stardom.
- In April 2017, he shared a video on his Instagram account; explaining that he is not just a Muslim, but a bit of all religion.
- He has worked with all the 3 Khans of Bollywood. (Salman Khan– Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Aamir Khan– Talaash & Shah Rukh Khan– Raees).
- During an interview, Nawaz revealed that had he not become an actor, he would be a farmer; as he still holds his ancestral farm fields back at home in Budhana, Uttar Pradesh.
- Here’s a glimpse of Nawazuddin’s life:
References/Sources: [ + ]