|Profession(s)||Entrepreneur, Metaphysician & Blogger|
|Famous For||Being the wife of popular television personality Alex Trebek|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Hazel Gray|
|Hair Colour||Dark Blonde|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||On January 7, 2020, Alex and Jean Trebek received Fordham Founder’s Award
|Date of Birth||September 8, 1963 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||57 Years|
|Hometown||Greenlawn, New York|
|School||Harborfields High School, Greenlawn|
|College/University||Pepperdine University, Malibu, California|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Insidewink|
|Hobbies||Taking Long Walks, Watching Movies, Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||April 30, 1990 (Monday)
|Husband/Spouse||Alex Trebek (American-Canadian game show host)
|Children||Son- Matthew Trebek (Owner-operator of the Harlem restaurants Oso and Pizza by Lucille's)
Daughter- Emily Trebek (Interior Designer at E&S Interiors)
Step-Daughter- Nicky Trebek (Fashion Designer who owns the clothing brand 'Rock Idol')
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||Brother- Chris Currivan (Died in a car accident On December 7, 1984)
Sister- Audrey Currivan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jean Currivan Trebek
- Jean Currivan Trebek is an entrepreneur who works as a professional religious science practitioner, metaphysician, Reiki Master, and sound healer. She is well known for being the wife of popular television celebrity, Alex Trebek, who is best known as the host of the game show Jeopardy! (1984–2020).
- Jean hails from Greenlawn, New York. She was born into a Catholic family, and she spent her childhood on the East Coast, Long Island, along with her elder brother, Chris Currivan, and a younger sister, Audrey Currivan.
- Jean’s brother, Chris Currivan, was one and a half years elder than Jean. He was born with a congenital disorder ‘Hydrocephalus,’ a condition in which extra fluid puts pressure on the brain, therefore, he suffered various physical, intellectual, and developmental disabilities. Jean grew up looking after her brother and tending to his needs. In an interview, she said,
We went to school together, and I promised my parents that I would watch out for him. Sometimes I would even leave my classroom to go check on him. I took care of my brother, and it felt like a gift rather than a burden. Other kids might have resented that responsibility. I thought it was a blessing. “
- She worked as a real estate project manager on Long Island before moving to Los Angeles, where she attended Pepperdine University and was a weekend bookkeeper for a business-executive. Incidentally, her boss turned out to be a friend of Alex Trebek. In an interview, while sharing the memory of her acquaintance with Alex, she said,
Alex was my boss’s buddy. He’d come over every Saturday to play backgammon and have lunch. I knew that he was on some TV show, but he never said much about it and I didn’t ask.”
- On April 30, 1990, Jean got married to Alex Trebek, who was previously married to Elaine Callie. Although Alex had no children with Elaine, he adopted Elaine’s daughter, Nicky, from her previous marriage.
- After divorcing his first wife in 1981, Alex and Jean crossed paths at a party in 1988, and later, he invited her to his home for dinner. Born in 1940, Alex Trebek was twenty-three years older than Jean. In an interview, Alex said,
I guess if I’d met her when I was in my 20s she wouldn’t have been born yet. But hey, 29 years is pretty good…
- Jean Currivan Trebek’s engagement ring was made of 16-carat sapphire enclosed with diamonds.
- At the age of 80, Alex Trebek died due to pancreatic cancer on November 8, 2020.
- Jean is also a blogger who has a blog ‘Insidewink,’ a light-hearted lifestyle website on which she interviews various actors, spiritual leaders, and other famous personalities.
- Jean loves to travel and is fond of hiking. She is also an avid dog lover who frequently posts various pictures with her dog, Luna, on her Instagram account.