|Full Name||James Charles Dickinson Instagram|
|Profession(s)||Makeup artist, YouTuber|
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDb Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Debut||TV: The Ellen DeGeneres Show (guest appearance)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won "The Streamy Award" in 2018 in the category of "Beauty" for his work on YouTube.
• Nominated for "The Streamy Award" in 2019 in the category of "Beauty" for his work on YouTube.
• Nominated for "The Streamy Award" in 2019 in the category of "Creator of the Year" for his work on YouTube.
• Won "The Streamy Award" in 2020 in the category of "Show of the Year" for his show "Instant Influencer with James Charles"
|Date of Birth||23 May 1999 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||22 Years|
|Birthplace||Albany County, New York|
|Signature/Autograph||Autograph of James Charles
|Hometown||Bethlehem, New York|
|School||Bethlehem Central High School, Delmar, New York|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian YouTube|
|Address||4640, White oak ave, Los Angeles, California|
|Hobbies||Painting, Drawing, Singing|
|Tattoo||James Charles has one tattoo inked inside his lower lip of the word 'Sisters', which is the name of his apparel brand
|Controversies||• In 2017, he was in controversy over posting an inappropriate tweet while he was travelling to Africa with his friends in which he said that he was going to Africa and what if he gets the Ebola virus. Soon after the tweet, he was dragged into the controversy of disgracing the name of Africa and relating it to a virus. He, later on, deleted the tweet and apologised for it. Teen Vogue
• In 2019, Tati Westbrook a makeup artist and internet influencer accused James of sexual harassment, inappropriate behaviour and accused him of making inappropriate comments about straight men and tricked a straight man into thinking he’s gay. To this accusation, James responded with a YouTube video named "No More Lies", in which he addressed all accusations made by Tati Westbrook clarifying his image and talking about his side of the story. YouTube YouTube
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Single Elite Daily|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (contractor)
Mother- Christie Dickinson (housewife)
|Siblings||Brother- Ian Jeffrey Dickinson (model)
|Food||Starbuck's pink drinks and ginger bread|
|Car Collection||Tesla model X
|Assets/Properties||James Charles has a home in Los Angeles, California worth $7 Million Variety
|Net Worth (approx.)||$22 Million Seventeen|
Some Lesser Known Facts About James Charles
- James Charles is an American makeup artist, YouTuber and entrepreneur. He is famous for his YouTube channel in which he uploads review videos of makeup products from different brands and vlogs about his lifestyle. He is a completely self-taught makeup artist.
- He was born in Albany County, New York and brought up in Bethlehem, New York. When he was young he wanted to be an electrician and a cleaner, he was also obsessed with vacuum cleaners.
- James Charles loved to paint and draw when he was a kid. His mother generally posts pictures of him and his activities when he was a child on her Instagram account.
- James Charles came out as gay to his parents at the age of 12, to which his parents were really supportive. He notifies himself as gay but being attracted towards straight men. YouTube
- James worked part-time in a frozen yoghurt shop when he was in school. He graduated from Bethlehem Central High School in 2017.
- His first job was as a hairstylist, he did hairstyling for clients in his hometown. He realized that he loves makeup and wants to do makeup professionally and not just as a hobby when his friend once asked him to do her makeup. He posted that picture of his friend on Instagram and he started getting more requests for doing their makeup. After this incident he indulged himself in the field of makeup completely and started showcasing his makeup looks on Instagram by doing makeup on himself.
- His parents were supportive when he told them that he wants to be a makeup artist, his father being a contractor turned his office into a makeup room for James to pursue his passion for makeup.
- He was inspired to wear makeup by a Korean makeup artist Bretman Rock. He also copied Bretman’s makeup looks when James started his career as a makeup artist.
- He came into recognition after posting his picture of his school’s yearbook over social media. He retook his senior year photos for his school’s yearbook because he didn’t like how the highlighter on his cheekbones looked in the original photos taken by his school’s photographer.
- At the age of 17 years, James became the first male ambassador for CoverGirl in 2016. He shot his first commercial for CoverGirl’s new product So Lashy mascara alongside Katy Perry. He didn’t even graduate from his school when he got this offer from CoverGirl. When asked about how he felt being the first-ever male to be a face for a big brand like CoverGirl in an interview with BuzzFeed, he said, ABC News
I am so honored and excited to be working with such an iconic brand. I started my Instagram one year ago to inspire others and as an artistic outlet to challenge myself creatively. I truly hope that this shows that anyone and everyone can wear makeup and can do anything if you work hard.”
- He considers himself closely associated with the famous singer Katy Perry as a friend after the CoverGirl ad campaign, talking about her in an interview with ABC News, he said, ABC News
I’ve been a fan of Katy Perry for so long, when I found out I was going to be shooting with her on set, it was one of the coolest things I’d ever heard. She and I connected so quickly, we were talking on- and off-camera.”
- He started his YouTube channel in December 2015 at the age of 13. James Charles is one of the most subscribed male beauty guru and most subscribed beauty guru on YouTube. His channel has 23.9 million subscribers as of the year 2020.
- He considers himself as an occasional singer and was part of a capella group named ”Flashback”. He generally posted short videos of himself singing solo as well as with the band on YouTube.
- He has been on the magazine cover of VOGUE Portugal promoting their tagline “The Beauty of Imperfection”, his interview with Vogue Portugal was published in their November 2020 magazine. VOGUE
- He had a feud with his fellow beauty vlogger name Tati Westbrook, where Tati posted a YouTube video titled “BYE SISTER”, in which she accused James of promoting hair supplements on his Instagram account of company ‘Sugar Bear’ which is an alleged competitor of Tati’s brand ‘Halo Beauty’ and not supporting her brand being a friend. She also accused him of sexual harassment, inappropriate behaviour and accused that he made inappropriate comments about straight men and tricked a straight man into thinking he’s gay. To this accusation, James responded with a YouTube video named “No More Lies”, in which he addressed all accusations made by Tati Westbrook clarifying his image and talking about his side of the story. YouTube YouTube
- Due to the feud with Tati Westbrook, James Charles set a YouTube record of losing over 1 million subscribers in 24 hours and the subscribers declined even after for a week. He lost over 2 million subscribers during that week. Newsweek
- James Charles was going through depression during the feud with Tati Westbrook and also tried to attempt suicide. YouTube
- He owns an apparel brand named “Sisters Apparel” and have also collaborated with famous makeup brand Morphe and launched a few eye shadow palettes by his name James Charles.
- James Charles would have chosen law as his career if not being a makeup artist. He is inspired by Kim Kardashian to study law and become a lawyer like her. In an interview with E! News, he said, E! News
I definitely always had a huge interest in the law, making changes to society and kind of fighting for what’s right. And I always felt like if I wasn’t doing this, I would probably be in law school. It is definitely something that I’m still open to”
- James Charles has gone through two non-cosmetic procedures. In an interview with model Naomi Campbell, he said that he had gotten a lip filler and a botox on this forehead. He also had a LASIK surgery at Dougherty Laser Vision, L.A. in May 2020.
- He was invited to Met Gala 2019 which is an annual fundraising gala for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute in New York City. He wore a costume designed by Alexander Wang. He was criticized for his costume as it did not meet the standard for such a prestigious fashion event.
- He started a YouTube originals show titled ‘Instant influencer’ in 2020 in which he is the host of the show.
- He has done the makeup of many famous celebrities such as Kylie Jenner, Kim Kardashian, Demi Lovato and more.