|Other Name||Wajid Ali|
|Profession(s)||Music Director, Singer, and Lyricist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film, Music Director: "Teri Jawani” from the film ‘Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya’ (1998)
Film, Singer: "Do You Wanna Partner" and "Soni De Nakhre" from 'Partner' (2008)
|Last Song||Bhai Bhai (2020)|
|Date of Birth||10 July 1977 (Sunday)|
|Birthplace||Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Date of Death||1 June 2020 (Monday)|
|Place of Death||Chembur’s Surana Hospital, Mumbai|
|Age (at the time of death)||42 Years|
|Death Cause||Kidney Infection and Heart Attack Economic Times|
|Hometown||Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage Date||Year 2010|
|Wife/Spouse||Maryam Asif Siddiqui
|Children||He had one son and one daughter.|
|Parents||Father- Late Ustad Sharafat Ali (Tabla Player)
Mother- Razina Khan
|Siblings||Brother- Sajid Khan (Music Director)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Wajid Khan
- Wajid Khan was a famous Indian music director and singer of Sajid-Wajid duo.
- He was born in a Muslim family of musical background. His paternal grandfather is Ustad Abdul Latif Khan.
- His maternal grandfather, Ustad Faiyyaz Ahmed Khan was Padma Shri awardee. His uncle, Niaz Ahmed received the Tansen award.
- Sajid-Wajid worked as a music director for albums like ‘Khoya Khoya Chand’ (2001) and ‘Tera Intezar’ (2005).
- Sajid-Wajid composed music for Hindi films like ‘Kya Yehi Pyaar Hai’ (2002), ‘Gunaah’ (2002), ‘Chori Chori’ (2003), ‘The Killer’ (2006), ‘Shaadi Karke Phas Gaya Yaar’ (2006), ‘Jaane Hoga Kya’ (2006), and ‘Freaky Ali’ (2016).’
- Wajid lent his voice for songs in various Bollywood films, like ‘Wanted’ (2009), ‘Dabangg’ (2010), ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ (2012), ‘Grand Masti’ (2013), and ‘Satyameva Jayate’ (2018).
- Sajid-Wajid worked as music director in various films of Salman Khan, including ‘Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge’ (2002), ‘Tere Naam’ (2003), ‘Garv’ (2004), ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karogi’ (2004), ‘Partner’ (2007), ‘Hello’ (2008), ‘God Tussi Great Ho’ (2008), ‘Wanted’ (2009), ‘Main Aur Mrs Khanna’ (2009), ‘Veer’ (2010), ‘Dabangg’ (2010), ‘Dabangg 2’ (2012), and ‘Dabangg 3’ (2019).
- Some popular songs of Sajid-Wajid are ‘Soni De Nakhre’ (Partner, 2007), ‘Jalwa’ (Wanted, 2009), ‘Surili Akhhiyon Wale’ (Veer, 2010), and ‘Muni Badnam Hui’ (Dabangg, 2010).
- Sajid-Wajid penned down the lyrics of many Bollywood songs, including ‘Jee Le’ (Aag, 2007), ‘Le Le Mazaa Le’ (Wanted, 2009), and ‘Fevicol Se’ (Dabangg 2, 2012).
- Sajid-Wajid composed background score of Bollywood films like ‘Welcome’ (2007), ‘Bullett Raja’ (2013), and ‘Daddy’ (2017).
- Sajid and Wajid appeared as judges in many singing TV reality shows, like ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar’ (2010) and ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ (2012).
- The theme song of IPL 4, “Dhoom Dhoom Dhoom Dhadaka” (2011) was sung by Wajid.
- Sajid–Wajid has also composed title tracks of TV shows like ‘Dus Ka Dum’ (2008), ‘Bigg Boss 4′ (2010), and ‘Bigg Boss 6’ (2012).
- In 2020, Sajid and Wajid composed lockdown songs of Salman Khan i.e., ‘Bhai Bhai’ and ‘Pyaar Karona.’
- Wajid belonged to the musical Gharanas; ‘Kirana Gharana’ and ‘Punjab Gharana.’
- He learnt to play the guitar from the popular Indian guitarist, Das Babu.
- He loved singing and listening to Ghazals.
- Wajid had received various awards; as a music director and singer.
- In an interview, Wajid shared that Salman Khan had helped them in making a good career in Bollywood, he said,
We would not deny that it is only because of Salman Khan that we got an opportunity to work in different projects and prove our prowess as a music director duo. How can we forget the fact that it was Salman, who believed in our music when no one else had trust in our capability? Your ‘thinking’ itself becomes big when you work with an actor like Salman Khan because he is a huge superstar. When you compose a song like Mera Hi Jalwa, you just cannot think of any other hero today gyrating to the number of the big screen with effortless ease.”
- Wajid’s first song and last song as a music director, both were with Salman Khan.
- Just a day after his death, his mother was also detected positive for the COVID-19.
- Wajid’s death was confirmed by the popular Indian music composer, Salim Merchant. In an interview, Salim said,
He had multiple issues. He had a kidney issue and had a transplant a while ago. But recently he got to know about kidney infection… He was on the ventilator for the last four days, after his situation started getting worse. Kidney infection was the beginning and then he got critical.”
- Wajid had a kidney transplant in 2020, due to which he had a kidney infection and was hospitalised in May 2020. He was also tested positive for the COVID-19, and due to a cardiac arrest, he died on 1 June 2020.
- His body was buried at the Versova Kabrastan in Mumbai; where the famous Bollywood actor Late Irrfan Khan’s body was also buried 29 April 2020, who died of cancer. Wajid’s funeral was attended by Aditya Pancholi, Sajid Khan, and Wajid Khan’s wife and children.
- Various Bollywood celebrities shared their condolences on his demise and tweeted,
Salman Khan tweeted,
Wajid Vil always love, respect, remember n miss u as a person n ur talent, Love u n may your beautiful soul rest in peace …”
Amitabh Bachchan wrote on Twitter,
Shocked at the passing of Wajid Khan. A bright smiling talent passes away. Duas, prayers and in condolence.”
Varun Dhawan tweeted,
Shocked hearing this news @wajidkhan7 bhai was extremely close to me and my family. He was one of the most positive people to be around. We will miss u Wajid bhai thank u for the music.”
Priyanka Chopra wrote,
Terrible news. The one thing I will always remember is Wajid bhai’s laugh. Always smiling. Gone too soon. My condolences to his family and everyone grieving. Rest in peace my friend. You are in my thoughts and prayers. @wajidkhan7”
References/Sources: [ + ]