|Real Name||Jean-Pierre Sauvage|
|Doctoral Advisor||J.-M. Lehn|
|Awards/Achievements||• On March 26, 1990, elected a correspondent member of the French Academy of Sciences.
• On November 24, 1997, became a member of the French Academy of Sciences.
• On October 5, 2016- awarded with the Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||October 21, 1944|
|Age (as in 2016)||72 Years|
|Birth Place||Paris, France|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|College/University||Louis Pasteur University, Strasbourg, Alsace, France|
|Educational Qualifications||Ph.D. from the Université Louis-Pasteur, Strasbourg, Alsace, France
|Hobbies||Reading Science Journals|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughter- Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jean-Pierre Sauvage
- Does Jean-Pierre Sauvage smoke?: Not Known
- Does Jean-Pierre Sauvage drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born in Paris and obtained his PhD from the Université Louis-Pasteur, Strasbourg, Alsace, France.
- He did his PhD under the guidance of J. M. Lehn, who was also awarded with the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in the year 1987.
- He made a significant contribution to the 1st syntheses of the cryptand ligands during his PhD work.
- He did his postdoctoral research with M. L. H. Green.
- Currently, he is Professor Emeritus at the University of Strasbourg and Director of Research Emeritus at the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), France.
- His major contribution to the Chemistry is in the field of Molecular Topology, specifically the Mechanically-Interlocked Molecular Architectures.
- On October 5, 2016, he was awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry along with Fraser Stoddart and Bernard L. Feringa for their design and production of Molecular Machines. They have developed molecules with controllable movements and these molecules can perform a task when energy is added.
- 8 million Swedish krona, to be shared equally between the three Nobel Laureates.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡