Age: 44 Years
Caste: Bhumihar Brahmin
|Profession||Indian Television Journalist and News Presenter|
|Famous For||Her Fierce and Aggressive Stances on Various Issues|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Debut||Journalist: "Ankhon Dekhi" on Doordarshan (2003)|
|Awards||• Best Reporter of the year in National Television Awards
• Best Anchor by ITA in 2014
• Best Anchor by ENBA Awards in 2015
• Best Anchor by IMWA Awards in 2015
• India Today Chairman’s Excellence Award
• Awarded For Excellence in Journalism by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry
|Date of Birth||12 June 1975|
|Age (as in 2019)||44 Years|
|School||Loreto Convent School, Ranchi|
|College/University||Daulat Ram College, Delhi University
Jamia Millia Islamia
|Educational Qualification||Masters in social work
Degree in Journalism
|Hobbies||Reading, Travelling, Watching Movies, Cooking|
|Controversies||• Anjana Om Kashyap landed into controversy for passing illogical comment over the descendants of Rani Padmavati. It all happened during a heated conversation with Rohit Sardana over Padmavati where she made the statement- "the present day female descendants of Rani Padmavati themselves speak in English, have modern lifestyles, so they hardly have any moral right to give suggestions on the right portrayal of Rani Padmavati in the film.” Her remarks were later criticised on social media.
• Aaj Tak had to face the worst situation when their anchor Ashok Singhal asked a sexiest question to Smriti Irani during her visit at the Delhi University. While Smriti was addressing the students, the anchor asked her the reason for being appointed as the HRD Minister by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, despite being so young and having issues over her degree. The question raged the HRD Minister and there was a protest against it by the audience. Anjana Om Kashyap was the co-anchor of the show and was severely criticised for being a mute spectator.
• When Kashyap's husband, Mangesh Kashyap, was appointed as the CVO of the South Delhi Municipal Corporation, it was speculated that he has achieved the position not because of his seniority but because of her wife.
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Son- 1 (Name not known)
Daughter- 1 (Name not Known)
|Parents||Father- Late Dr. Om Prakash Tiwari (Ex Defence Officer)
Mother- Name not known
|Siblings||Brother- 1 (Name not known)
Sister- Not known
|Favourite Food||North Indian Cuisine|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Film Genere||Rom-Com|
|Favourite Colours||White, Green|
|Salary (approx.)||INR 1 crore/year|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anjana Om Kashyap
- Does Anjana Om Kashyap smoke?: Not Known
- Does Anjana Om Kashyap drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Anjana belongs to Bihari ethnicity.
- Her father belongs to the Arrah city of Bihar and mother belongs to Bihar Sharif.
- Kashyap aspired to be a doctor and gave various Pre-Medical Admission Tests but could not clear any of them.
- After completing her post-graduation, she prepared extensively for UPSC but again failed to crack the examination despite being qualified for the interview round twice.
- She started her journalism career in 2003 with Doordarshan program, Ankhon Dekhi.
- After giving up Doordarshan, she joined Zee News for a desk job.
- In 2007, she worked in Zee for about five years before joining News 24.
- She then shifted to Star News before joining Aaj Tak.
- Her debate show, Do Tuk, on News 24 was very popular.
- Anjana has received ITA Award for Best Anchor.
- In addition to journalism, she has also featured in the Bollywood films “Sultan” and “Tiger Zinda Hai.”
- She has collaborated with various NGO’s to work for resettlement colonies and child rape victims.
- Anjana was rebellious as a kid and always kept forward her views on even the smallest things.
- She has covered some very big national stories including the news of Prince of Kurukshetra who remained in the borewell for around 48 hours and the story of Nirbhaya Rape case.
- In 2012, Anjana faced eve-teasing by a group of boys while she was reporting for the Delhi gangrape case.
- Anjana almost suffixed ‘Modi’ to her name instead of Kashyap during the opening of her flagship show, “Halla Bol.” She was later trolled for it on social media.
- In 2019, Zee Hindustan released an advertisement saying “Arnab Ki Debate Koun Sunega?, Anjana Ki Jarurat Thi Sirf Kal Tak!, and India Mein Ab Rajat Ki Adalat Band” to announce the news of the channel going anchor-less. Her name being used in the advertisement enraged her so much that she shared the advertisement on her Twitter handle with the caption- “Naam Jara Adab Se Lijiye.”
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)