|Real name||Tahira Parab The Times of India|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Debut||Film: Jaan Haazir Hain (1975) as a child actor
TV: Idhar Udhar (1986) as Moti Shabnam; aired on DD National
Theatre: Hello Zindagi (2019) as Bijoya Di
|Date of Birth||4 April 1961 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||62 Years|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagran - Guddi Maruti|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Marutirao Parab (actor and director; died in 1981)
Mother- Kaneez Fatima aka Kamal (actor)
|Siblings||Brother- Dara Munawar Ali (murdered by members of the Chhota Shakeel gang at his flat in Khar, Mumbai)
Sister(s)- Heena Parab and Praveen Parab
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda|
|Reality TV Show||Bigg Boss|
|TV Serial(s)||Comedy Circus (2007), Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah (2008)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Guddi Maruti
- Guddi Maruti is an Indian actor, who mainly plays comic roles in Hindi films and TV serials.
- She was in class 6 when she made her acting debut with the Hindi film ‘Jaan Haazir Hain’ (1975).
- In an interview, Guddi shared that while she was in school, she was bullied for her excessive body weight. She said,
In school, I would get very upset when guys called me ‘moti‘ or say things like ‘kaunse chakki ka aata khati hai?‘ I would pick up fights. But once I started working, I got mentally prepared for it because my weight was my bread and butter. When I was working, I was not allowed to lose weight. If I would even say it, people would panic. When I started working, my father made me understand that I was not the film’s heroine. I was the comedian, so I should be able to laugh at myself.”
- Guddi is known for playing comic roles in various Hindi films such as ‘Sau Din Saas Ke’ (1980), ‘Jaisi Karni Waisi Bharni’ (1989), ‘Khiladi’ (1992), ‘Dil Tera Aashiq’ (1993), ‘Dulhe Raja’ (1998), and ‘Biwi No 1’ (1999).
- In 1995, she appeared in Zee TV’s comedy show ‘Sorry Meri Lorry.’
- She has acted in various Hindi TV serials like ‘Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki’ (2005; Sahara One), ‘Mrs Kaushik Ki Paanch Bahuein’ (2012; Zee TV), ‘Ishq Ka Rang Safed’ (2015; Colors TV), ‘Yeh Un Dinon Ki Baat Hai’ (2018; Sony TV), and ‘Hum Paanch Ab Aaega Asli Mazaa’ (2018; on Big Magic).
- In an interview, Guddi shared that Guddi was her nickname and Maruti was her father’s name which she adopted as her surname.
- She has been featured in the TV commercial for Gas O Fast.
- She is often spotted consuming alcohol at various parties and events.
- In 1980, she appeared in the song ‘Moti Palley Pai’ from the Hindi film ‘Sau Din Saas Ke.’
- In an interview, she shared that while she was in her teens, she wanted to become an air hostess.