Some Lesser Known Facts About Junaid Jamshed
- Does Junaid Jamshed smoke?: No
- Does Junaid Jamshed drink alcohol?: No
- Jamshed wanted to become a fighter pilot in Pakistan Air force but he could not qualify because of his weak eyesight.
- He was the lead vocalist in his Engineering University’s rock band, “Nuts and Bolts”.
- Before taking his music profession seriously, Jamshed worked with Pakistan Air force as an Aeronautical Engineer and a civilian contractor.
- He used to perform in University campuses while he was an engineering student. Popular pop singers, Rohail Hyatt and Nusrat Hussain noticed Jamshed in a concert in 1983, then again in 1986 and introduced him into their musical band, “Vital Sign”.
- He earned a lot of fame from his blockbuster song, “Do Pal Ka” in 1986.
- After 9/11 attacks in America, his concerts were cancelled, Jamshed filed bankruptcy in court in 2004. He then started doing Mechanical engineering jobs in companies.
- Jamshed completely left his music career in 2004 and started his own fashion designing company in partnership with a close friend. He also started focussing on religious activities for Islam.
- He owned a popular Pakistani clothing company, “J.” (read as Jay dot).
- Junaid Jamshed was once listed as one of the World’s most influential Muslims, especially for his charity work for the NGO- Muslim Charity. Muslim Charity is an international relief and development NGOthat aims at alleviating the suffering of the world’s poorest people.
- He along with his wife, Nahya Junaid, died in a plane crash on 7th December 2016 when he was returning to Islamabad from Chitral, he went to Chitral for a Tablighi Jamaat mission.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)