Age: 37 Years
Husband: Vishnu Vishal
|Profession||Indian Badminton Player|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 10"
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||In the 2002 India Asia Satellite Tournament.|
|Coach/Mentor||S. M. Arif|
|Achievements (main ones)||• 14 times winner of National Badminton Championship in doubles.
• Won a bronze at the 2011 BWF World Championships.
• Won a Gold at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
• Won a silver at the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
• Won a bronze at the 2014 Thomas & Uber Cup.
• Won a bronze at the 2014 Badminton Asia Championships.
|Career Turning Point||When she won gold at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.|
|Highest Ranking||6 (in XD) (August 2010)|
|Date of Birth||7 September 1983|
|Age (as of 2020)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Wardha, Maharashtra, India|
|Family||Father- Kranti Gutta
Mother- Yelan Gutta
Sister- Insi Gutta (younger sister)
|Controversies||In 2013, she was banned for life by IBL for trying to stop a player of her franchise, Krrish Delhi Smashers, to play against Banga Beats in the IBL.|
|Food||Chaat, Chinese Cuisines|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Engagement Date||6 September 2020 (with Vishnu Vishal)
|Marriage Date||22 April 2021 (with Vishnu Vishal)
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Chetan Anand, Badminton Player (2005-2011)
• Vishnu Vishal (Tamil actor and producer)
|Husband||• First Husband- Chetan Anand, Badminton Player (married 2005-2011)
• Second Husband- Vishnu Vishal
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jwala Gutta
- She was born in Wardha and brought up in Hyderabad.
- Her father, Kranti Gutta, is a Telugu Hindu while her mother, Yelan Gutta, is of Chinese descent.
- Her mother, Yelan, is the granddaughter of a Chinese Gandhian, Tseng, who visited India in 1971 along with her mother to see the Sevagram Ashram and also translated Gandhi’s autobiography into the Chinese language.
- Jwala Gutta wanted to pursue her career in Tennis but her mother insisted Jwala to play Badminton.
- She was only 4 when her father introduced her to the National Badminton Coach, S. M. Arif.
- She learned Gymnastics and Swimming before starting her training for Badminton.
- She started playing Badminton at the age of 6 and won the Under-13 Girls Mini National Badminton Championship held in Kerala.
- Jwala Gutta partnered with Shruti Kurien which lasted for several years and the duo won the Women’s Doubles National title for 7 years (from 2002 to 2008) in succession.
- After her divorce, there were speculations in media about her link-up with the ex-Indian Cricketer, Mohammad Azharuddin.
- She remains active on social fronts and has been involved with various social issues including anti-tobacco campaigns, anti-zoo campaigns, and women empowerment issues.
- On numerous occasions, she has been listed as one of the most inspirational sportswomen from India.
- In 2011, the Indian Government awarded her with the Arjuna Award (India’s 2nd highest sporting honour).
- In 2013, she appeared in an item number in a Telugu Film, Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde.