|Full name||Kalppa Latha Garllapati Instagram- Kalppa Latha|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Date of Birth||19 January 1977 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||Manuguru, Bhadradri Kothagudem, Telangana|
|Hometown||Manuguru, Bhadradri Kothagudem, Telangana|
|Address||Flat No. 410, Ravi Sathvika Residency, Hyderabad, Telangana|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||27 May 2018|
|Husband/Spouse||Name Not Known
|Children||Daughter- Roopa Sri and Devisri Garlpati
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kalppa Latha
- Kalppa Latha is an Indian actor who has worked in various South Indian films.
- Kalppa, along with farmers from her hometown, protested in Manuguru, Bhadradri Kothagudem, Telangana against a government-owned coal mining firm Singareni Collieries Company Limited (SCCL). The protest was to get fair compensation for their lands which were acquired for mining purposes by SCCL for mining purpose. The Times of India
- During an interview, she talked about the protest. She said,
It all began in 2008 when SCCL acquired 1454 acres of land from the farmers through the revenue department, promising compensation of a total of Rs. 108 crores as per the then land value fixed by the state government. But 11 years on, many of these farmers are yet to receive the money.”
She further shared that due to unfair compensation, her family suffered a lot. She said,
I have a personal interest in getting these farmers their rights. My family too had to give up 2.65 acres of our land to SCCL for this project. It’s common knowledge here that the farmers have not been compensated fairly. whatever little compensation some have received is far less than what they should have gotten after the government revised the Land Acquisition Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act in 2013. So, this fight for justice has been going on for a while now with the farmers and landowners doing the rounds of the Sarkari offices in the hope that they will get their money back. Recently, my mother got to know that the authorities are finally distributing compensatory cheques, so she rushed here from Hyderabad.”
My mother was staying here alone with no one to help her. One night, she slipped and fell, and eventually succumbed to a head injury. I was in the US at the time and flew back as soon as I got news of her death. I believe that I lost my mother only because of this case that has been stuck in an endless loop. I asked my father to accompany me back to Hyderabad, but he refused saying he won’t leave the town until he gets the compensation for which my mother lost her life. That is when I decided to join the protesting farmers and fight for what we deserve.”
- Latha has acted in various Telugu films including ‘Express Raja’ (2016), ‘Nene Raju Nene Mantri’ (2016), ‘Arjun Reddy’ (2017), ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’ (2017), and ‘Bhaagamathie’ (2018).
- She gained immense popularity with her role as Parvatamma (Allu Arjun’s mother) in the Telugu film ‘Pushpa: The Rise’ (2021).
- She is a spiritual person and often visits nearby temples.