|Real Name||Kamal Nath|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 160 lbs
|Political Party||Indian National Congress
|Political Journey||1980: Elected to the 7th Lok Sabha
1985: Re-elected to the Lok Sabha
1889: Elected to the Lok Sabha for the third consecutive time
19991: Elected to the 10th Lok Sabha
1991: Introduced to the Union Council of Ministers as Minister of Environment & Forests
1995-1996: Served as the Union Minister of State, Textiles (Independent Charge)
1998: Elected to the 12th Lok Sabha
1999: Appointed to the 13th Lok Sabha
2001-2004: Served as the Secretary of the Indian National Congress
2004: Re-elected to the Lok Sabha
2004-2009: Became the Union Cabinet Minister of Commerce & Industry
2009: Elected to the 15th Lok Sabha and served as the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways
2011: In a Cabinet reshuffle, he became the Minister of Urban Development by replacing Jaipal Reddy
2012: Also got the charge of the Ministry of Parliamentary affairs
2012: Replaced Jairam Ramesh to become the Ex-officio member of the Planning Commission
2014: Acted as the Pro-tem speaker of the newly elected 16th Lok Sabha
2018: Appointed as the Madhya Pradesh's PCC President
|Date of Birth||18 November 1946|
|Age (as in 2018)||73 Years|
|Birthplace||Kanpur, United Provinces, British India (now, in Uttar Pradesh, India)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Kanpur, United Provinces, British India (now, in Uttar Pradesh, India)|
|School||The Doon School|
|College/University||St. Xavier's College, Kolkata|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2007: Named FDI Personality of the Year 2007 by the FDI magazine and the Financial Times Business
2008: Got the title of "Business Reformer of the year" by The Economic Times
2012: "ABLF Statesman Award" at the Asian Business Leadership Forum Awards
|Controversies||• In 2007, his name appeared in the controversial decision of uplifting the ban from the export of non-basmati rice taken by a group of esteemed ministers including Nath, Sharad Pawar, and Pranab Mukherjee during Nath's tenure as the Commerce Minister.
• Several cases have been registered against Kamal Nath regarding the 1984 anti-Sikh riots. According to these cases, he, along with other Congress leaders like, Sajjan Singh, Jagdish Tytler, etc. provoked the public against the Sikh community during the riots in 1984. Indian Express
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||January 27, 1973|
|Wife/Spouse||Alka Nath (Politician)
|Children||Son(s)- • Nakul Nath
• Bakul Nath
|Parents||Father- Mahendra Nath
Mother- Leela Nath
|Favourite Politician||Indira Gandhi|
|Favourite TV Shows||House of Cards|
|Car(s) Collection||• Ambassador Classic 1800 ISZ (DL3CBT0366)
• Safari Storm LX (MP28BB0009)
|Assets/Properties||Bank Fixed Deposits: ₹3 Crore
Bonds, Debentures, Shares: ₹1 Crore
Jewellery: ₹48 Lakhs
Agricultural Land: ₹16 Crore
Residential Buildings: ₹172 Crore
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹2.73 Billion (As Per 2011)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kamal Nath
- He has a close association with the Nehru-Gandhi family. He was Sanjay Gandhi‘s schoolmate at the Doon International School, Dehradun. He was very close to Indira Gandhi. It was said that: “Indira Gandhi Ke Do Haath, Sanjay Gandhi, Kamal Nath”.
- He is one of the senior most and longest-serving members of the Lok Sabha.
- He has been elected 9 times to the Lok Sabha from his constituency, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh.
- In 2011, he was declared the richest Cabinet minister in India with a total networth ₹2.73 Billion.
- In 2012, he helped the UPA Government to win a crucial debate in the Rajya Sabha on FDI retail by replacing Pranab Mukherjee.
- He is the patron of “Bharat Yuvak Samaj” and Chairman of the “Madhya Pradesh Child Development Council.“
- In 2018, he was elected as the President of Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee for leading and supervising the party in the 2018 Assembly election.
- He has authored the book, India’s Environmental Concerns, India’s Century, and Bharat Ki Shatabdi.
- Here’s a conversation between Kamal Nath and Rajat Sharma in Aap Ki Adalat.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡
References/Sources: [ + ]