Hometown: Tauranga, New Zealand
Wife: Sarah Raheem
Age: 33 Years
|Full Name||Kane Stuart Williamson|
|Nickname(s)||Kiwi Kane, Hurricane, Steady The Ship, Master Kiwi, Blackcaps Master|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 665 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Eye Colour||Light Blue|
|International Debut||Test- 4 November 2010 vs India at Ahmedabad
ODI- 10 August 2010 vs India at Dambulla
T20- 15 October 2011 vs Zimbabwe at Harare
|Jersey Number||#22 (New Zealand)
#22 (IPL, County Cricket)
|Domestic/State Team(s)||• Barbados Tridents
• Gloucestershire 2nd XI
• Northern Districts
• Sunrisers Hyderabad
|Coach/Mentor||• Pacey Depina
• Josh Syms
|Bowling Style||Right-arm offbreak|
|Favourite Shot||On drive|
|Date of Birth||8 August 1990 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Tauranga, New Zealand|
|Hometown||Tauranga, New Zealand|
|School||Tauranga Boys' College, New Zealand|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Listening to music, Travelling, Playing the Guitar, Cooking|
|Controversy||In April 2014, Williamson was reported for a suspect bowling action but was cleared in December 2014.|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sarah Raheem (a Nurse)
Daughter- 1 (born; 16 December 2020)
|Parents||Father- Brett Williamson
Mother- Sandra Williamson
|Siblings||Brother- Logan Williamson (Twin)
Sister(s)- 3 (Elders)
|Film(s)||Count of Monte Cristo and Redemption|
|Musician(s)||Simon Webbe, Colbie, and Cat Stevens|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kane Williamson
- Does Kane Williamson smoke?: No
- Does Kane Williamson drink alcohol?: Yes
- Kane Williamson is considered one of the most successful New Zealand skippers and with his skilled captaincy, he led his team to the finals of the 2019 Cricket World Cup where he was adjudged the Player of the Tournament.
— ICC Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) July 14, 2019
- He grew up in the Mount Maunganui area of Tauranga in New Zealand.
- After playing senior representative cricket at the age of 14 and first-class cricket at 16, Williamson attended Tauranga Boys’ College where he was coached by Pacey Depina.
- Reportedly, before leaving school, Williamson had scored almost 40 centuries.
- He was also excellent in studies in his school days and was also the head boy.
- In 2005, he was given the most valuable player at a junior secondary schools basketball tournament.
- In 2007, at the age of 17, Williamson made his debut in the domestic cricket when he started playing for Northern Districts.
- In 2008, still at the age of 17, Williamson led the New Zealand Under-19 side in the World Cup in Malaysia and reached the semi-final where they lost to India.
- In his first two ODIs, Williamson was dismissed on duck; first for a 9th ball duck against India on 10 August 2010 and second for a 2nd ball duck against Sri Lanka, the same year.
- His maiden ODI century came on 14 October 2010 against Bangladesh in Dhaka; making him the youngest centurion in New Zealand’s cricket history.
- Thereafter, Kane made a fantastic Test debut vs India in 2010 at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Ahmedabad by scoring 131 runs.
- In 2014, New Zealand named Kane Williamson as stand-in captain for the ODI and T20I series against Pakistan, allowing regular skipper, Brendon McCullum, to take a break.
- Soon, Williamson went on to establish himself one of the most prolific no. 3 batsmen for New Zealand after Stephen Fleming.
- On 17 June 2015, Williamson became the fastest batsman in New Zealand and the fifth fastest in the world to score 3000 runs.
- In March 2016, after the retirement of Brendon McCullum, Kane Williamson became the captain of New Zealand across all forms of cricket.
- In August 2016, he became the youngest player to score a century against all the other Test playing nations.
- During the March 2019 Test Series against Bangladesh, New Zealand posted their highest ever total of 715 in a test innings where Williamson had scored 200 not out.
- Apart from being a fantastic batsman, he is also counted among one of the best fielders.
- In an interview, Williamson revealed that since his childhood, Sachin Tendulkar was his hero.
- He has a twin brother called Logan, who was born just 1 minute after him.
- After the 2014 massacre in Pakistan in which terrorists killed 32 children in a school in Peshawar, Kane donated all the match fees that he got after an ODI series against Pakistan.
- In 2018, he won the ‘Orange cap’ for being the highest run scorer in IPL-11 with 735 runs that included 8 half centuries, 28 sixes, and 64 fours.
- Kane Williamson bowls and bats right-handed but writes left-handed.
- Apart from being a great cricketer, Kane Williamson also holds a humble personality. He believes in simplicity and can often be spotted playing cricket with the locals.
- Kane is a dog lover and loves to spend time with his pet dogs.
- He loves cooking and often tries his hands in learning new things.