Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 31 Years
Height: 5' 8"
|Profession||Singer-songwriter, Musician, Actor
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 8"
|Weight (approx.)|| in Kilograms- 82 kg
in Pounds- 181 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)|| - Chest: 41 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 14 Inches
|Date of Birth||17 February 1991|
|Age (as of 2022)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, England
|Hometown||Framlingham, Suffolk, England|
|School||Thomas Mills High School, Framlingham, England|
|Educational Qualification||High School drop-out|
|Debut||Album: + (read as "plus")|
|Family||Father- John Shareen [Art curator, lecturer and owner at Shareen Lock (An Independent Art Consultancy)]
Mother- Imogen Shareen (Jewelry Designer and owner at Shareen Lock)
Brother- Mathew Shareen (Classical Music Composer)
|Ethnicity||British and Irish|
|Fan Mail Address||Ed Sheeran
Rocket Music Management
1 Blythe Road
London W14 0HG
|Inspirations||The Beatles and Van Morisson|
|Hobbies||Doing gigs, writing songs, playing sports|
|Controversies||• He has been accused of copying the style and lyrics of Marvin Gaye’s song "Let's Get It On" in creating his Grammy award winning song "Thinking Out Loud".
• He was also sued by the X-Factor winner Matt Cardle for copying his song "Amazing" and creating "Photograph".
• On 6 April 2022, he won a U.K. copyright battle over his 2017 hit “Shape of You." Allegations were made against Sheeran and his co-writers, Snow Patrol’s John McDaid and producer Steven McCutcheon that they copied part of 2015's “Oh Why” by Sami Chokri (aka Sami Switch). During his ruling, High Court Judge Antony Zacaroli concluded that Sheeran “neither deliberately nor subconsciously” copied a phrase from “Oh Why.″ The Hindu
|TV Show||The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air|
|Musicians/Bands||The Beatles, Van Morisson, Backstreet Boys, Paramore and Eminem|
|Food||Bangers and Mash|
|Halloween Costume||Gingerman Bread from Shrek|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Nina Nesbitt (British Singer)
Athina Andrelos (Assistant for British celebrity chef, Jamie Oliver)
Nicole Scherzinger (American Singer, Songwriter and Actress)(Rumoured)
Camilla Severi (Australian Big Boss contestant)
Ellie Goulding (British Singer and Songwriter)
Cherry Seaborn (Ed's high school friend)
|Current Relationship Status||Cherry Seaborn|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$57 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ed Sheeran
- Does Ed Sheeran smoke?: Yes
- Does Ed Sheeran drink alcohol?: Yes
- Sheeran has been singing since he was 4 years old. He used to sing for the school and the church choir.
- He was bullied in his school and was homeless for some period of time.
- Ed’s debut album “+” (read as “plus”) was a six-time platinum in UK and his second album “x” (read as multiply) was number one on the charts, both in UK and USA. “x” also won the Brit award for “Album of the Year”.
- Before “+”, he had self-released his albums which are now established in the mainstream and are ranked at number 2 on iTunes download list.
- Sheeran has performed with Elton John at the Grammy’s when his song “The A Team” was nominated for the category- “Song of the Year”.
- Sheeran has grabbed two Grammy Awards in the form of Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance for his single “Thinking Out Loud” from the album “x”.
- Sheeran has very quickly established his own record label company- Gingerbread Man Records.
- His fans are known as Sheerios.
- Gordon Burns, the host of the British game show The Krypton Factor, is Ed’s second cousin.
- Ed’s songs “Nina” and “Photograph” are about his ex-girlfriend Nesbitt and her album “Peroxide” is mostly about himself.
- Tayor Swift approached him after his tour in Australia and together, they wrote the song “Everything has changed” which was a part of her best-selling album of 2012, “Red”. He got “Red” tattooed because of the opportunity.
- He does not care about having a six pack. He once said, “I have never had a six pack and I never will, so I might as well stuff my face.”
- Ed engraved a tattoo of a ‘padlock’ on Harry Style’s wrist.
- His song “Small Bumps” is inspired by a true story of his friend when they had a miscarriage. He wrote the song stepping into their shoes. So is the story behind “The A State”, which is based on a homeless drug addict woman.
- Ed likes his stubble. It makes him look his age, or he would look 12 he said.
- He has a big crush on Emma Stone.
- Ed and Taylor Swift get along really well and have thus recorded three songs together. Other than “Everything has changed”, they haven’t released any of the songs.