|Famous For||Being the co-founder of Sugar Cosmetics|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Awards||• KVS Gold Medal for the Best Graduating All-round student of the Class of 2008 at IIM Ahmedabad
• Winner of ‘Ashwamedha,’ an individual multi-talent assessment event of India’s best business schools at IIM Indore (2008)
• Big Slick selected as top 10 most promising internet companies in 2008
• Big Slick was awarded the ‘Best Startup Business’ at NITIE’s Navkriti event for new ventures in 2009
• Retail Icons of India 2019
|Date of Birth||17 June 1983 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|School||Don Bosco School, Calcutta (1988-2000)|
|College/University||• Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, Rajasthan
• Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Gujarat
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.E. (Hons) in Electrical & Electronics from Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, Rajasthan (2000-2004)
• MBA from the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Gujarat (2006-2008) LinkedIn- Kaushik Mukherjee
|Relationships & More|
|Engagement Day||15 October 2010|
|Marriage Date||4 December 2011
|Wife/Spouse||Vineeta Singh (co-founder of Sugar Cosmetics; image in parents' section)|
|Children||Son(s)- Vikrant Mukherjee and Ranveer Mukherjee
|Parents||Father- Pavan Mukherjee
Mother- Subhra Mukherjee (worked at Sahapur Girl’s High School, Kolkata)
|Siblings||Sister- Reema Mukherjee
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kaushik Mukherjee
- Kaushik Mukherjee is an Indian entrepreneur. He is the co-founder of the Indian cosmetics company SUGAR Cosmetics.
- He learnt to play the sitar while he was in school, and he used to play cricket in the school’s under-16 cricket team and 100m relay team in school.
- In college, he was selected as the chief coordinator for BITS Alumni Association vs ISB Soccer match. He was also a member of various clubs and associations while he was in college such as Cultural Secretary of Gandhi Bhawan (2002) – Coordinator, Dance Club for Oasis 2002 – Instructor, Dance Workshop (2003-04) – Vocalist, Drummer & Sitarist, Music Club (2003-04) – Core Member, Swimming Team (2000-2002) – Webmaster, and BITS Pilani site for Oasis 2003.
- During his MBA, he represented his university in various sports like swimming and football. He was also a vocalist, drummer, and sitarist in his university’s music club. While studying there, he was associated with the Finance Club of IIMA.
- He started working at Oracle Corporation in Hyderabad as an applications engineer, from 2004 to 2006.
- He joined Goldman Sachs in New York as an analyst in April 2007.
- In 2008, he started his company BigSLick Infotech/AK Venture, a business services company in Hyderabad.
- He worked as an associate at McKinsey & Company, Mumbai in November 2010.
- After working there for almost 3 years, he co-founded FAB BAG, a beauty product supplier in Mumbai in 2012.
- Kaushik, along with his wife Vineeta Singh, founded a cosmetic company ‘Sugar Cosmetics’ in 2015.
- He has written about the failures he has faced in his life on his LinkedIn account. It reads,
Declined the investment banking job offer to start up an eCommerce company in 2008. Failed. Raised seed funding from Rediff to run an online insurance portal. Shut down. Ran out of money. Borrowed from friends till I landed a job at McKinsey & Co. Survived. Started up again after two years. And have been building again ever since. Today, I still don’t know what success is but I understand what happiness can be. Happiness is the cacophony of creating and the bustle of building. I’m here to share our journey as we build SUGAR Cosmetics over the next decade. Would love to have you clued in on the ride.”
- He appeared as a guest speaker at TEDx Talks and delivered a lecture on ‘Terrifying Goals & How to Chase Them’ in 2017.
- Kaushik has been featured in various magazines and newspapers like Fortune 40 Under 40 List 2021, Economic Times, Entrepreneur magazine, Times of India, and HT Mint.
- He completed ‘Ironman Triathlon,’ a series of long-distance triathlon races along with his wife, in 2017. The triathlon is organised by the World Triathlon Corporation.
- He loves to play cricket and football in his leisure time.
- Kaushik and his wife often participated in various cycling events and marathons.