Wife: Ginni Chatrath
Marriage Date: 12 December 2018
Age: 41 Years
|Profession(s)||Comedian, Actor, Singer, Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Physical Transformation||For 'The Kapil Sharma Show' Season 4
He shed some extra kilos for 'The Kapil Sharma Show' Season 4. The comedian shared his new look on social media on 21 August 2022.
|Date of Birth||2 April 1981|
|Age (as of 2022)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India|
|School||Shri Ram Ashram Sen. Sec. School, Amritsar|
|College||Hindu College, Amritsar
Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar
|Debut||Film Debut: Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon (2015)
TV Debut: Hansde Hansade Ravo (2006)
|Family||Father- Jeetendra Kumar Punj (worked as head constable in Punjab police)
Mother- Janak Rani
Brother- Ashok Kumar Sharma
Sister- Pooja Sharma
|Address||Sardar Vallabbhai Patel Nagar, Versova, Mumbai|
|Controversies||• In 2015, he was accused of misbehaving with his female co-stars (Monali Thakur, Tanishaa Mukherjee, etc.) during an event related to International Marathi Film Festival Awards 2015. Initially, he refused to comment, however, he later tweeted that, "I fall, I rise, I make mistakes, I live, I learn, I’ve been hurt but I am alive. I am human, I am not perfect but I am thankful 🙂 (sic)"
• After the telecast of few initial episodes of The Kapil Sharma Show, nurses from various medical colleges and hospitals in Amritsar registered a complaint at a police station alleging that the show has demeaned their profession by objectifying them, such as Rochelle Rao portraying the character of a glamorous nurse, which led to people raising objections.
• On 9 September 2016, his tweet alleging corruption in the Shiv Sena- and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-ruled Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) created controversy, after which Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis replied on twitter by saying that, "Kapilbhai pls provide all info. Have directed MC, BMC to take the strictest action. We will not spare the culprit."
• In December 2015, an FIR lodged was against him for destroying mangroves near his Versova residence in Mumbai.
• In March 2017, Kapil Sharma, who was reportedly drunk, was accused of being abusive to Sunil Grover on a flight from Melbourne, Australia. A few days later, Kapil admitted on Facebook that he had an 'argument' with Sunil and questioned the intentions of eyewitnesses who claimed that he had assaulted Sunil. In reply to which, Sunil posted a message on Facebook as given below.
• In April 2018, he had filed an F.I.R. against his former managers Preeti and Neeti Simoes and the editor of entertainment news portal 'Spotboye,' Vicky Lalwani, for maligning his image in media. Later, the F.I.R. got leaked online and was shown by Zee News. Kapil also mentioned that Preeti had threatened him to pay ₹25 lakh or otherwise she will create more tension for him. Vickey Lalwani also filed a non-consignable complaint against Kapil Sharma for using abusive language and threatening him over the phone. Sharma even tweeted on Friday with objectionable words against Lalwani.
• In July 2022, Sai USA Inc filed a lawsuit against Kapil Sharma for breach of contract from his 2015 tour of North America. Reportedly, he failed to perform in one of the six cities he had promised to and did not compensate for the loss. The Times of India
|Food||Rajma-Chawal, Aloo Paranthas|
|Singer(s)||Gurdas Mann, Sardool Sikander|
|Restaurant||Chak89 in London|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Ginni Chatrath (Comedia, Entrepreneur)
|Children||Son: Kapil Sharma and his wife, Ginni Chatrath, were blessed with a baby boy on 1 February 2021.
Daughter: Anayra Sharma
|Marriage Date||12 December 2018
|Marriage Place||Jalandhar, Punjab
|Car Collection||He has unique collection of high-end cars including Mercedes Benz S350 CDI (worth Rs. 1.19 crore), Volvo XC90 (worth Rs. 93.90 lakhs), and Range Rover Evoque. He also owns a luxurious vanit van designed by DC design. Pinkvilla
|Bike Collection||He owns a Royal Bullet Classic 500 (worth Rs. 2.5 lakh). Pinkvilla|
|Salary (approx.) Pinkvilla||• Annual income: Rs. 30 crore
• Monthly income: Rs. 3 crore
Note: Reportedly, he takes home Rs. 50 lakh to host per episode of The Kapil Sharma Show.
|Assets/Properties Pinkvilla||• he owns a a lavish apartment in Andheri West, Mumbai, where he lives along with his wife, Ginni Chatrath, his mother, and two kids on the ninth floor in DHL Enclave; his house number is 333, and it is called Shantivan. Reportedly, he purchased this apartment in 2012 for Rs. 8 crore.
• he owns a lavish farmhouse on the outskirts of Chandigarh in the Dera Bassi area of Punjab worth Rs. 25 crore.
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 336 crore (as of 2022) Pinkvilla|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kapil Sharma
- Does Kapil Sharma smoke?: No
- Does Kapil Sharma drink alcohol?: Yes
- Kapil came from a lower middle-class family with no entertainment background and had to struggle a lot to get himself roles that are worthy.
- During his graduation at Apeejay College of Fine Arts, Jalandhar, he used to direct plays for his pocket money. He was also a scholarship holder and a national-level winner in theatre.
- He was paid minimum wages in the initial stages of his career and he even acted as a comedian without being paid at all. He has also worked in a PCO, a cloth mill and even picked crates of soft-drinks to earn money.
- His father died in 2004 due to Cancer. He didn’t have the money to join any acting course but due to his sheer talent, many institutions sponsored his acting course fee.
- According to Kapil, his sense of humour comes from his mother who has been his biggest source of inspiration.
- His initial passion was singing and singing is the thing which made him come to the tinsel town.
- He was initially rejected in the audition round of ‘The Great Indian Laughter Challenge 3’, but received a call to return, and eventually he won the competition.
- With the prize money of 10 lakh (INR) that he won, he did his sister’s wedding, which was the most lavish wedding in his family.
- He is one of the very few comedians in India who were ranked among the list of Forbes magazine in terms of power and money.
- He was being launched to the film industry by the legendary Yash Raj Films, but the project somehow stopped abruptly.
- He met his rumored girlfriend, Preeti Simoes, on the sets of “Comedy Circus” and she is currently working as the creative director of “The Kapil Sharma Show.”
- He once made a news public that his ex-girlfriend who used to work with him in a theater was married to a Gujarati store owner in London. Coincidentally he met her in London a few months ago.
- He is a left-hander.
- In April 2018, he filed an F.I.R. against Spotboye editor Vicky Lalvani and Neeti and Preeti Simoes for maligning his image. In reply, Lalwani shared an audio tape recording of his alleged phone conversation with Kapil Sharma.
- In December 2019, Kapil was blessed with a baby girl. He took to Twitter, to share this news with his fans and wrote,
Blessed to have a baby girl, need ur blessings, love u all, jai mata di.”
- In July 2022, in a conversation with veteran actor Mukesh Khanna, action director Tinu Verma revealed that he ‘slapped’ Kapil Sharma and threw him off the set of the Bollywood film Gadar. Reportedly, Kapil Sharma had a small role in Sunny Deol‘s Gadar; however, his scene could not make the final cut. While giving the reason behind this act, Tinu said that during the shoot of a scene for the film, when he asked the crowd to rush in the direction of the train, everyone did so except Kapil who ran in the opposite direction due to which they had to re-shoot the scene, and it angered Tinu. DNA
- In October 2022, he revealed that he was once rejected for the singing reality show Indian Idol. While speaking with the judges of Indian Idol on his comedy show, Kapil Sharma said,