Education: BA, LLB
Wife: Joram Rina Rijiju
Age: 47 Years
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• Rijiju served as a Member of Khadi and Village Industries Commission from 2000-2005.
• In the 2004 Lok Sabha Elections, he was elected an MP from the Arunachal West Constituency.
• He was again elected as a member of parliament from the Arunachal West Constituency in 2014 general elections. NDA government named him Union Minister of State for Home Affairs in May 2014.
• In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, he defeated his biggest rival Nabam Tuki of Congress by a margin of 156599 votes from the Arunachal West Constituency
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Date of Birth||19 November 1971|
|Age (as in 2018)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Nafra, West Kameng District, Arunachal Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Nafra, West Kameng district, Arunachal Pradesh, India|
|College/University||Hans Raj College, New Delhi, India
University of Delhi
|Educational Qualifications||• BA
|Family||Father- Rinchin Kharu
Mother- Chirai Rijiju
|Address||Nakhu Village, P.O Nafra Boddila District West Kamening, Arunachal Pradesh|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Joram Rina Rijiju
|Children||Sons- Sancho Rijiju and 1 more
Daughter(s)- Nathey Rijiju, Jajey Rijiju
|Salary (as a Member of Parliament)||Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 1 Crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kiren Rijiju
- Does Kiren Rijiju smoke: Not Known
- Does Kiren Rijiju drink alcohol: Not Known
- He was an active social worker during his school days and had led a number of social movements as a social worker and student leader.
- Rijiju was a member of the youth and cultural team which participated in the Festival of India in USSR held in Moscow in 1987.
- He participated in the National Games and was the best athlete in his school and college.
- BJP offered him the Rajya Sabha seat from Gujarat after he lost his constituency in 2009 Lok Sabha elections. Rijiju, however, wanted to work for the people of Arunachal Pradesh and so he rejected the proposal and also resigned from BJP to join INC.
- A number of national daily and English magazines named him the best young Member of Parliament.
- In 2012, he rejoined the Bharatiya Janata Party. He has always said that he never joined Indian National Congress after parting ways from BJP, but his claim has always been ridiculed by the Congress leaders of Arunachal Pradesh.