|Real Name||Kiren Rijiju|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• Rijiju served as a Member of Khadi and Village Industries Commission from 2000-2005.
• In 2004 Lok Sabha elections, he was elected an MP from the Arunachal West constituency.
• He was again elected as a member of parliament from Arunachal West constituency in 2014 general elections. NDA government named him Union Minister of State for Home Affairs in May 2014.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Date of Birth||19 November 1971|
|Age (as in 2016)||45 Years|
|Birth Place||Nafra, West Kameng district, Arunachal Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Nafra, West Kameng district, Arunachal Pradesh, India|
|College/University||Hans Raj College, New Delhi, India
University of Delhi
|Educational Qualifications||B.A. L.L.B|
|Debut||He became a member of Khadi and Village Industries Commission in 2000.|
|Family||Father- Rinchin Kharu
Mother- Chirai Rijiju
|Address||Nakhu Village, Post Office Nafra Boddila, Distt. West Kameng, Arunachal Pradesh|
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Joram Rina Rijiju
|Children||Sons- Sancho Rijiju and 1 more
Daughter- Nathey Rijiju, Jajey Rijiju
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 1 Crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kiren Rijiju
- Does Kiren Rijiju smoke: Not Known
- Does Kiren Rijiju drink alcohol: Not Known
- He was an active social worker during his school days and had led a number of social movements as a social worker and student leader.
- Rijiju was a member of youth and cultural team which participated in the Festival of India in USSR held in Moscow in 1987.
- He participated in the National Games and was the best athlete in his school and college.
- BJP offered him the Rajya Sabha seat from Gujarat after he lost his constituency in 2009 Lok Sabha elections. Rijiju, however, wanted to work for the people of Arunachal Pradesh and so he rejected the proposal and also resigned from BJP to join INC.
- A number of national daily and English magazines named him the best young Member of Parliament.
- In 2012, he rejoined Bhartiya Janata Party. He has always said that he never joined Indian National Congress after parting ways from BJP, but his claim has always been ridiculed by the Congress leaders of Arunachal Pradesh.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)