Diana Hayden Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Profession(s)||Model, Actress, Television Host, Beauty Pageant Title Holder, Book Author|
|Famous For||Holding the title of Miss World 1997|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 179 cm
in meters- 1.79 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 120 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-27-36|
|Debut||Film (South African): Othello, A South African Tale (2006) as "Emilia"
Film (Bollywood): Tehzeeb as "Sheena Roy"
TV: Bigg Boss Season 2 (Wildcard Contestant)
|Date of Birth||1 May 1973 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||50 Years|
|School||St. Ann's High School, Secunderabad|
|College/University||Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, UK|
|Educational Qualification||Acting and Drama INDIA TODAY|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||13 September 2013
|Husband/Spouse||Collin Dick (an American businessman from Nevada)
Daughter- Arya & Taylor
Some Lesser Known Facts About Diana Hayden
- Diana Hayden is an Indian actress, model, beauty pageant titleholder, book author, television host, and social worker who won the title of Miss World 1997.
- Diana grew up in an Anglo-Indian family in the Hyderabad and Secunderabad cities of Andhra Pradesh.
- When Diana turned 13, her parents were separated that led Diana to earn for her family’s subsistence, and She started working at an event management company called Encore. While working at Encore, Diana also did many modelling assignments.
- Diana, at the age of 21, worked as Public Relation Officer at BMG Crescendo (India) Pvt. Ltd., where she assisted in managing the careers of Indian singers Anaida and Mehnaz Hoosein. Reportedly, it was on Anaida’s recommendation that she participated in the Miss India pageant 1997 and won.
- Diana represented India at the Miss World 1997 pageant held in Seychelles. She competed with 86 other contestants from all over the world.
- During the final Questioning round of the pageant, she was asked
Why do you want to become Miss World?
And her winning answer was
I draw inspiration from a famous writer and poet, William Butler Yeats, who once wrote – ‘With Dreams Begin Responsibility.’ Well for me, this title is that dream and the responsibility it brings, I cherish that in a small way I could make a difference and help the dreams of others. Thank you.”
- Irene Skliva, Miss World 1996, crowned Diana Hayden as Miss World 1997, making her the third Miss World from India.
- At Miss World 1997 pageant, Diana was also crowned with “Miss World – Asia and Oceania” and won the titles of “Miss Photogenic” and “Miss Spectacular Swimsuit,” making her the only Miss World contestant to win three titles at any Miss World pageant.
- Diana Hayden, after winning the title of Miss World 1997, was signed up to endorse various brands such as L’oreal, Colgate, and Chopard.
- Apart from being into modelling and endorsing various brands, Diana is also associated with many charities and NGOs such as Child Rights and You, Greenpeace, PETA and many more.
- Diana Hayden moved to London during her Miss World tenure. She studied at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and Drama Studio London, where she concentrated on Shakespeare’s work and also got nominated as the Best Actress at the studio.
- She hosted Miss Europe in 2001 and 2002.
- Diana Hayden is also an author and has written a book titled “A Beautiful Truth.” The book is about personality development and confidence building. The book was launched on 13 June 2012.
- After Collin arrived at Diana’s apartment as a tenant, they started getting close to each other, and later, they married at a private ceremony in Las Vegas.
- Diana, at the age of 32, got to know about the endometriosis technique and started to freeze her eggs for her future as she was busy with her career at that time. 1n 2016, she gave birth to a baby girl with one of her frozen eggs. Again, in 2018, she gave birth to twins, a girl and a boy with her frozen egg.
- In 2018, Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Deb gave a controversial statement against Diana Hayden by saying
Tell me, did she deserve it? People might say I am creating a controversy. I can understand Aishwarya Rai getting it, at least she has traits of Indian beauty.”
Indian women did not use cosmetics in old times. Indians did not use shampoo, they washed their hair with methi water and bathed with mud. These beauty pageant organisers are international marketing mafia, who spotted a huge market in the country. Today, there is a beauty parlour in every corner of the country.”
Diana replied to this by saying
We need to be proud of our skin (colour). God knows, it is appreciated all around the world. Everybody wants to have our skin colour. The last thing we need is our own people not appreciating it.”
CM Deb added
For Indians, Goddess Lakshmi and Saraswati exemplify beauty. I don’t understand the beauty of Diana Hayden.”