|Famous Role||Aaliya in Star Plus' TV serial Yeh Hai Mohabbatein
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||TV: Jhalli Anjali (2014) as 'Sheena'
|Date of Birth||12 August 1992 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||30 Years|
|School||BCM School, Pakhowal Road, Basant City, Ludhiana|
|College/University||Did Not Attend|
|Educational Qualification||Class 12 TV Buzz Mumbai- YouTube|
|Ethnicity||Bengali Telly Chakkar|
|Food Habit||Eggetarian IWM Buzz|
|Tattoo||Ring Finger of Left Hand: Leaf
|Controversy||In 2020, Krishna Mukherjee landed into a controversy for putting Pakistan's flag along with her Roza picture on Instagram. Many people praised her act of keeping a Roza (for the first time). However, some of them demanded sedition charges against her for using the Pakistan flag emoji in her post. The Free Press Journal|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||13 March 2023
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Aly Goni (actor; rumoured)
• Chirag Batliwalla (Indian merchant navy officer)
|Engagement Date||8 September 2020
|Husband/Spouse||Chirag Batliwalla (sailor)
|Parents||Father- Vishwaroop Mukherjee
Mother- Ruby Mukherjee
Sister- Saru Mukherjee Sharma (Blogger)
|Food||Chilly Garlic Noodles, Mom’s cooked Bengali food|
|Actor(s)||Ranveer Singh, Tom Cruise, John Abraham|
|Actress(es)||Deepika Padukone, Madhuri Dixit|
|Film Genre(s)||Romantic, Comedy|
|Film(s)||Pretty Woman (1990), Notting Hill (1999), Notebook (2004)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Krishna Mukherjee
- Krishna Mukherjee is an Indian television actress and model who is best known for playing the role of ‘Aliya Raghav’ in Star Plus’ TV serial ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ (2016-2019).
- She grew up in a well-to-do family in Ludhiana, Punjab.
- Krishna developed a huge interest in dance at a very young age. She desired to become a choreographer since childhood.
- After passing class 12, Mukherjee relocated to Delhi and joined a dance academy to learn various dance forms.
- Thereafter, she joined Ashton Lobo’s theatre group Kingdom of Dreams in Gurugram as a dancer. As a part of the theatre group, Krishna actively took part in live theatre and musical theatre.
- While Krishna was working as a dancer in the Bollywood musical Jhumroo Broadway, she received a call from one of her friends who asked her to audition for Channel V’s TV serial ‘Jhalli Anjali.’ After the audition, Krishna Mukherjee bagged the role of ‘Sheena’ in the serial.
- In 2015, she appeared in the episodic TV serials ‘Yeh Hai Aashiqui’ as Sanjana, Twist Wala Love as Arshiya, and MTV Big F as Jia.
- She gained overnight popularity after playing the role of Aliya Raghav in Star Plus’ TV serial ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ (2016-2019).
- Subsequently, she appeared in Colors TV’s Hindi-language supernatural fiction television series ‘Naagin 3′ (2019) as Taamsi.
- In 2019, she was featured in the music video of the Punjabi song ‘Black.’ The song was sung by Punjabi singer Guru Randhawa.
- She has also been featured in the music video of Prabh Gill‘s song ‘Ik Wari’ (2020).
- In 2021, Krishna Mukherjee played the role of Priya Raheja Singhania in the spin-off series of Naagin 5 ‘Kuch Toh Hai: Naagin Ek Naye Rang Mein.’
- She has also appeared in the TV serial ‘Shubh Shagun’ (2022) as Shagun Shubh Jaiswal.
- Krishna Mukherjee has been featured in the TV advertisements of various brands. She has also promoted several brands on her Instagram account including Garnier, Nivea, Flite, Secret Temptation, and Ponds.
- In her spare time, Krishna Mukherjee loves to dance and sing songs.
- She is fluent in four languages- Bengali, Punjabi, Hindi, and English.
- Krishna often consumes alcohol at parties and social events.
- Krishna Mukherjee once revealed in an interview that her lucky number was 7.
- Krishna’s first salary was Rs. 3000 a month which she earned while she was working as a choreographer at a dance school in Delhi. YouTube- Telly Reporter
- An avid animal lover, Krishna has a pet dog and a pet cat named Oreo.
- She has a deep belief in Lord Ganesha.
- Krishna is very particular about her fitness and practises Yoga to keep herself fit.
- In the beginning of her acting career, Krishna Mukherjee feared facing a camera. However, she overcame it after she did musical theatre with Ashton Lobo.
- Krishna is often compared with the Indian actress Mouni Roy for her looks. However, she does not like such comparisons. During an interview, while talking about it, Mukherjee said,
Mouni is talented and beautiful, so sometimes the comparison feels good. But I feel bad when people call me her lookalike. I don’t want to be called that. I’m okay when people say that we look similar, but not when they call me her lookalike.”
Adding that she wants to get noticed for her work not looks, she said,
As a newcomer, I want to make my own identity. I am part of a successful show, and I am being noticed for my performance. I am flattered to be compared to Mouni, but I don’t want only this kind of attention. In fact, I feel that I look like her in photos and videos, but in reality, we don’t look that similar.”
- During an interview, Krishna Mukherjee said that she loved wearing the Baluchari saree. She said,
I always wait for Durga Puja to adorn this nine-yard wonder with our unique draping style. Any girl looks beautiful in a bong saree, even sans makeup. I also love the Sindoor Khela and other married women rituals.”
- In an interview, while talking about the character played by her in the TV serial ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein,’ Krishna said,
To be honest, at first I was not very enthusiastic about doing a character role, being unsure of importance. My mom forced me, and I am glad, for I have got lots of love and appreciation for my efforts. When I started, I just had 5000 odd Instagram followers and today I have 1.3 million. Best part is that with Aalia being just like me, I don’t need to act. I have learnt so much from Divyanka Tripathi. There is no one like her in our industry today. She is so natural with dialogue delivery and her improvisation always raises the bar by a notch.”
- In an interview, Krishna revealed that her first crush was on a boy named Salil while she was studying in school. However, she never expressed her feelings to him.
- During an interview, while talking about her first heartbreak, Krishna revealed that she had a huge crush on her computer teacher in her school days and her heart broke when that teacher got married to her maths teacher.
- Krishna Mukherjee owns a Mahindra XUV300.
- In 2021, Krishna Mukherjee met her fiancé Chirag Batliwalla for the first time through a mutual friend. They instantly liked each other and began dating. In an interview, while talking about Chirag Batliwalla, Krishna said,
We met through mutual friends in December last year and clicked instantly. He is not a part of this industry; he is in the Merchant Navy. I met him for the first time when he was in his uniform and was immediately attracted to him. He isn’t used to my profession, so I am not sharing his name because he is a private person.”
- After dating each other for around a year, Krishna and Chirag exchanged rings in the presence of their close friends and family members on 8 September 2022 in Manali. While Krishna chose a stunning off-shoulder white gown for the occasion, Chirag dressed in his Navy uniform. Post their engagement, when Krishna was asked to express her feelings by a media person, she said,
I’ll be Mrs. next year but yes, it feels great to be with someone forever who’s so loving, caring and funny. Me, my sister and friends did all the preparation and planning but mostly they were taking care of everything and I was just approving them. There are so many surprises for me and my fiance.”
- During an interview, while talking about her marriage plans, Krishna said,
I have never found a person who has loved me so much, he cares for me and does little things that I really adore. He makes me feel very special with his small gestures and I just knew in my heart that he was the one for me. It was the same for him, too, which is why we decided to take things ahead and get engaged. I am very happy and excited. But we don’t plan to get married this year, we will tie the knot in 2023.”
In the same interview, she said that it was her childhood dream to have her engagement in the hills. She said,
I manifested this since I was a kid, I wanted my engagement to happen in hills and Manali is beautiful, calm and romantic, I literally can’t say ‘Mujhe bachpan se shaadi karne ka bohot shauk hai’.”