Guru Randhawa Height, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||Gursharanjot Randhawa|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Music Composer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|Debut||Songwriter: Same Girl (2013)
Singing: Chhad Gyi (2013)
Album: Page One (2013)
|Awards, Honours||• PTC Music Award for 'Best Debut Male' for the song "Patola" (2014)
• PTC Music Award for 'Best Duo Song' for the song "Patola" (2016)
• Youth Icon Award by News 24 (2017)
• Dada Saheb Phalke International Film Festival Award (2019)
|Date of Birth||30 August 1991 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||29 Years|
|Birthplace||Village Noorpur, Distt. Gurdaspur, Punjab|
|Hometown||Rurka Kalan, Punjab, India|
|College/University||IIPM ( Indian Institute of Planning and Management), New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Masters in Business Administration|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Times of India|
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket, Football, Travelling|
|Controversy||On late Monday night of 2 December 2020, Randhawa was arrested along with cricketer Suresh Raina, Hrithik Roshan's ex-wife Sussanne Khan, and seven staff members of a club in Mumbai by Mumbai police for violating COVID-19 norms. Later, all were released on bail. Following the incident, Guru Randhawa released a statement in which he apologized for his behavior and termed the incident unintentional; the statement reads, "Guru Randhawa, who had stepped out for dinner with close friends before returning back to Delhi the same morning, deeply regrets the unintentional incident that occurred last night. Unfortunately, he was not aware of local authorities decision of night curfew but instantly conformed to all rules laid out by the government officials. He promises to compile with government guidelines and protocols by taking all precautionary measures in the future. By far, he has been a law-abiding citizen and will continue to do so in the future as well." India Today|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Ramneek Randhawa
|Food||Daal Makhani, Rice, Veg Sandwich|
|Actresses||Sonam Kapoor, Madhuri Dixit|
|Cricketer(s)||Virat Kohli and M. S. Dhoni|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Guru Randhawa
- Guru Randhawa was born into a Jatt Sikh Family in Noorpur, District Gurdaspur, Punjab.
- His family has its roots in Rurka Kalan, Punjab, India.
- He was inclined towards music from a very young age and often participated in singing competitions in his school days.
- He learned music by listening to famous singers on the television.
- In 2013, he launched his first music album titled “Page One.”
- Guru came into the spotlight after releasing his single track ‘Patola’ in 2015 which also featured Bohemia.
- He has given many stage performances in India and abroad.
- Randhawa mentioned in an interview that he owes his success to his elder brother, Ramneek Randhawa.
- Guru has to his credit many Punjabi hit songs including “Patola,” “Fashion,” “High Rated Gabru,” “Yaar Mod Do,” and “Suit.”
- In 2017, an improvised version of his Punjabi song “Suit” was included into the Bollywood film “Hindi Medium.”
- In the same year, his song “High Rated Gabru” became the first Indian non-film song to gather the fastest 100 million views.
- Randhawa was a part of the charity match which was played by many celebrities in the INK Cricket Blast 2017 to provide aid to the cancer patients.
- Guru has recorded the mashup of songs ‘Ambarsariya’ and ‘Suit’ in the ‘T-Series Mix Tape’ along with the singer, Kanika Kapoor.
- In 2017, he appeared in the opening ceremony of IPL.
- Guru is fond of Jackets and has a huge collection of them.
- He has a habit of listening to music while going to sleep.
- Randhawa is well-versed in Hindi and Punjabi.
- He is very passionate about animals.
- In April 2019, Guru collaborated with the American rapper, Pitbull, for the song “Slowly Slowly.” The lyrics of the song are in Punjabi, English, and Spanish.
- He has featured on the covers of magazines like TMM and Man’s World Magazine.
- He has also walked the ramp for Nivedita Saboo in the Times Fashion Week.
- During an interview, Randhawa said that he enjoys doing live concerts. He further added that he doesn’t like the singers who cheat their audience just to deliver a good show. Reportedly, he targeted the Canadian pop singer, Justin Bieber, who got flak for lip-syncing during his concert in Mumbai in May 2017.
- In September 2018, a female staff working with Pakistan’s Airport Security Force (ASF) was penalised by the authorities for lip-syncing to the Punjabi singer, Guru Randhawa’s song “High Rated Gabru.” The ASF authorities withheld her increments for two years of service for violating the code of conduct. She was also criticised by Pakistan’s electronic media for lip-syncing to an Indian song while wearing the cap with Pakistan’s flag on it.
A female official of #AirportsSecurityForce, deployed at #Sialkot #Pakistan landed into trouble after allegedly a video of her dancing on an #Indian #Punjabi Singer @Gururandhwa song has gone viral on #SocialMedia. #ASF marked an inquiry into it: sources pic.twitter.com/vEoODHT28f
— Ravinder Singh Robin ਰਵਿੰਦਰ ਸਿੰਘ راویندرسنگھ روبن (@rsrobin1) September 2, 2018
- On 28 July 2019, when Guru was performing live at the Queen Elizabeth Theater in Vancouver, Canada, an unidentified man attacked the singer on his head. The singer returned to India with four stitches on his head.
View this post on Instagram
Guru is back in India with four stitches on his right eyebrow and mega successful USA/Canada tour. The incident happened on 28th July in Vancouver when Guru told one punjabi man not to come on stage while he was performing for the audience. That man was trying to come on stage again and again and then he started fighting with everyone backstage. He was known to the local promoter Surinder Sanghera who sent him away during the show. But at the end when Guru finished the show and was leaving the stage, that punjabi man came and hit him hard on his face with a punch , because of which Guru started bleeding on the spot from his forehead above eyebrow and went back to stage and showed it to the audience. That man was with few others and whosoever tried to stopped them, they were punching them and then they all ran away. Guru is home now feeling safe in India. And Guru Said , his Guru Nanak Dev ji has saved him and prayed to Waheguru to give that man a good sense of understanding what to do and what not to. Your love and support is all we need always. Thanks Management Guru Randhawa
|↑1||Times of India|