Husband: Shriram Madhav Nene
Age: 52 Years
Height: 5' 4"
|Full Name||Madhuri Shankar Dixit
|Nickname(s)||Bubbly, Dhak-Dhak Girl|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 56 kg
in Pounds- 123 lbs
|Date of Birth||15 May 1967|
|Age (as in 2019)||52 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Divine Child High School, Mumbai
|College||Parle College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualifications||Degree in Micro-Biology|
|Debut||Film Debut: Abodh (1984)
TV Debut: Kahin Na Kahin Koi Hai (2002)
|Family||Father- Late Shankar Dixit
Mother- Snehlata Dixit
Brother- Ajit Dixit
Sister- Rupa Dixit, Bharati Dixit
|Address||2-B/110/1201, Excellency, 4th Cross Road, Lokhandwala, Complex, Andheri (West),
|Controversies||• Her kissing scene with actor Vinod Khanna, who was 20 years elder to her for the film Dayavan (1988) was counted among one of the creepiest kissing scenes ever. She has confessed that she should have rejected that entire scene altogether.
• She used to promote the product of Maggie saying that it is very healthy for kids. But, after the Maggie controversy (MSG in high amount) in 2015, she was badly criticized for it. A district court directed police to register an FIR against Amitabh Bachchan, Madhuri and Preity Zinta, for this.
• If rumours are to be believed, then in 2012 she demanded a huge amount of 9 – 10 Crore (INR), to be the brand ambassador of Maharashtra. The news soon spread quickly and she was criticized for acting so pricey, and later Hrithik Roshan replaced her.
|Favourite Food||Kande Pohe, Zunka Bhakar, Modak|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Balraj Sahani, Gregory Peck|
|Favourite Actresses||Nargis, Madhubala, Meryl Streep, Ingrid Bergman
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood: Garam Hawa, Ganga Jamuna, Sholay, Padosan, Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi
Hollywood: Roman Holiday, Gone With The Wind, All About Eve
|Favourite Dancer(s)||Hema Malini, Helen, Birju Maharaj, Gene Kelly|
|Favourite Book||A Quiver Full of Arrows by Jeffrey Archer|
|Favourite Perfume(s)||Nina Ricci, Issey Miyake|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Anil Kapoor (Actor, rumour)
Sanjay Dutt (Actor)
Ajay Jadeja (Former Indian Cricketer) Daily Hunt
|Husband/Spouse||Shriram Madhav Nene (Doctor - Cardiovascular surgeon, m. 1999)
|Marriage Date||17 October 1999|
|Children||Son- Raayan Nene, Arin Nene
|Car Collection||SUV car
|Salary (approx.)||3-4 crore/film (INR)
1 crore/episode (INR)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$35 million
Some Lesser Known Facts About Madhuri Dixit
- Does Madhuri Dixit smoke? : No
- Does Madhuri Dixit drink alcohol? : No
- Madhuri was born to a middle-class Marathi-Brahmin family.
- She started learning dance at the age of 3 and received many awards for her Kathak dance in her younger days.
- Very few people know that in 1984 she was actually cast in a TV Show, but it never went on air as it was considered not ‘Good Enough.’
- Though she was a top-line model in India before entering Bollywood, it took her 8 years to get a commercial breakthrough in the form of the film Tezaab (1988).
Her song in the same film “Ek Do Teen” was a total chartbuster and is still considered among Bollywood classics.
- She was paid more fees than Salman Khan (approx. 3 Crore) for the film Hum Aapke Hain Koun (1994).
- While Kargil war was going in Indo-Pak border, the Pakistani soldiers taunted Captain Batra saying, “If India handovers Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit to them, they will leave the place forever”. Captain Batra gave a fitting reply “Madhuri ji to busy hain, main aa jata hun”.
- Very few people know that Madhuri had a crush on Cricketer, Sunil Gavaskar. In an interview with India Today in 1995, Madhuri said- “I am mad for Sunil Gavaskar. He is too sexy. I want to run behind him and he even came in my dream.”
- The renowned painter, M.F. Hussain called her the most beautiful woman on earth and made a film called Gaja Gamini (2000), which he called as a tribute to her, in which she acted alongside Shah Rukh Khan.
- She met her husband Dr. Sriram Nene, a UCLA cardiovascular, through her brother.
- She wore a Ghaghra in the song “Kahe Ched Ched Mohe” in Devdas (2002) which weighed 30 kg.
- In 2014, she was appointed the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in India.
- She is the only Bollywood actress to have been nominated 13 times for the Filmfare Best Actress Award.
- She is a passionate dancer, still practices Kathak dance thrice a week and has opened an online dance academy in 2013 called “Dance With Madhuri.”
- She has a fear of Cockroaches.
- She is trained in Taekwondo.
- If not an actress, she would have been a microbiologist or a pathologist.