Wife: Emily V. Gordon
Age: 42 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kumail Nanjiani
- Kumail Nanjiani is a Pakistani-Americal actor, comedian, screenwriter, and podcaster who is famous for playing the role of ‘Dinesh’ in HBO’s comedy series “Silicon Valley.”
- Kumail was born in a middle-class family in Karachi, Pakistan.
- He devoured comic books and action films since childhood.
- After graduating in Computer Science and Philosophy, Kumail started doing a desk job in the US. He worked in the office for around 6 years to pursue his career as a comedian.
- Being born into a family of doctors, his parents wanted him to become a doctor.
- Nanjiani started dating the American author and producer, Emily Vance Gordon in 2006.
- He did not disclose his relationship with Emily to his parents for a few months; as they were looking for a Muslim Pakistani girl for him.
- However, Emily fell sick and she was put to a medically induced coma for eight months. It was at that time, that Kumail revealed about his affair with Emily to his parents.
- The duo tied the knot on 14 July 2007 in a secret courthouse wedding in Chicago.
- Nanjiani started his career as a stand-up comedian in 2007 by performing in the show “Unpronounceable” at Chicago’s Lakeshore Theatre. The show received immense popularity and widespread media attention.
- He made his television debut in 2008 with the TV show “Saturday Night Live.”
- Some of his popular TV shows include “The Colbert Report,” “Michael & Michael Have Issues,” “”Ugly Americans,” “Googy,” “Adventure Time,” “Bob’s Burgers,” and “The Twilight Zone.”
- Kumail has also featured in many Americal films including “Hot Tub Time Machine 2,” “Goosebumps,” “Fist Fight,” “Men In Black: International,” and “The Lovebirds.”
- In 2009, Kumail made his debut in the Digital Media with web series “Jake and Amir.”
- He has also appeared in web series like “Hunt The Truth,” “Game Grumps,” “Movie Fights,” and “Gay of Thrones.”
- Apart from TV and films, Kumail has lent his voice for video games like “The Walking Dead: Season Two,” “Mass Effect: Andromeda,” and “Middle-earth: Shadow of War.”
- Nanjiani is the second cousin of the Scottish radio presenter, Shereen Nanjiani.
- He is very particular about his fitness and hits the gym reguarly.
- In Aprial 2018, Kumail featured on TIME magazine’s “The 100 Most Influential People” (Pioneers).
- Kumail loves dogs and has a pet dog, Barley.