|Comedian, Actor, Scriptwriter, Quiz master
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Date of Birth
|19 November 1986 (Tuesday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|Arrah, Bihar, India
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|D. A. V. Centenary Public School, Noida, UP (2003)
Note: He opted for the non-medical science stream in Class 10.
|• Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology and Research Academy (SASTRA), Tanjore, Tamil Nadu (2004-2008)
• Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi University (2011-2013)
|• BE in Bioinformatics from Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology and Research Academy (SASTRA)
• MBA from Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) LinkedIn
• He scored a 9.6 CGPA in Engineering.
• He scored 99.3 percentile in his Common Admission Test (CAT).
|Relationships & More
|He was in a relationship with a girl from Lucknow when he was pursuing Engineering in Tanjore. In an interview, he said that he met the girl after he became a part of a small group of North Indian students in college. Talking about it, he said,
"We were in South India and naturally, we North Indians came together and formed a small group. In the group, everyone paired up and so I got into a relationship in the first year of my engineering with a girl who belonged to Lucknow."
|Names Not Known
|Sister- Supriya Pandey (younger)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kumar Varun
- Kumar Varun is an Indian comedian, scriptwriter, actor, and quizmaster, who is known for starring in the comedy sketches of All India Bakchod (AIB). In 2015, he started the YouTube channel Random Chikibum, along with stand-up comedian Rahul Subramanian, which won the OML Comedy Hunt. He is also known for playing the role of Kranti alongside popular comedian Zakir Khan in Amazon Prime Video’s Chacha Vidhayak Hai Hamare.
- Kumar Varun was born in a middle-class in Bihar.
- Kumar Varun, in an interview, said that his grandfather desired that Kumar opts for the science stream after 10th standard and become an engineer. He further said that since the financial condition of his family was not good, he wanted to complete his graduation quickly and start earning money. Talking about it, he said,
I was raised by my grandfather and I took the science stream and pursued engineering as it was his wish. Back then the situation of the house was such that I had to take up a job as soon as possible and start earning money. You know that engineering does guarantee you a good job in India. So that was the motive.”
- In September 2008, Kumar began working at Tata Consultancy Service (TCS). He worked there as a system engineer till May 2011. As a TCS employee, Kumar Varun worked as a strategic consultant and helped the Government of India in improving its core functioning capabilities by improving the software and technology used by the government.
- In 2011, Kumar Varun was appointed the cultural secretary at FMS, Delhi. He held the post till 2013.
- He worked as a GMC Summer Intern at Club Mahindra from April 2012 to June 2012.
- In April 2013, he joined Mahindra & Mahindra and worked in its Group Management Cadre (GMC) till June 2015.
- Kumar Varun worked as a marketing manager at Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Limited from June 2013 to June 2015.
- For coming as a runner-up in a quiz competition named The Campus Quiz, Kumar Varun received a check of Rs 35,000 from Tata in 2013.
- While working at Mahindra & Mahindra, Kumar came in contact with Rahul Subramaniam, who was also working in the same company. In an interview, Kumar said that he participated in OML’s Comedy Hunt with Rahul following his persuasion. He further said that he and Rahul started a YouTube channel, Random Chikibum, and uploaded the first video Kata Sky on it in 2015 and sent it as their official entry in Comedy Hunt. While talking about Kata Sky, Kumar said that this was not the first video that they created. Their first video was based on an interview between a boss and a job-seeking candidate. The video did not materialise as it was lengthier than the time prescribed by Comedy Hunt. Later, Rahul came up with a skit based on a conversation between a customer care executive and a customer. In 2015, the duo won the Comedy Hunt. Talking about it, he said,
We teamed up and started working on our skit’s script for the competition. The first script was based on an interview in which I was the boss and Rahul was a candidate. It did not materialize as the script turned into a six-minute long video, whereas, Comedy Hunt had asked for a 2 to 3 minutes long video. So we ditched it. Later, Rahul said he had a script on a call centre and we moved ahead with it and created Kata Sky, which also became the first video on our YouTube channel.”
- Kumar Varun worked as a senior manager in Group Strategic Marketing and Communications from June 2015 to June 2017 at The Development Bank of Singapore Limited (DBS Bank).
- On Random Chikibum, Rahul and Kumar uploaded a comedy series titled Random Daftar in 2016.
- He was seen playing the role of a character named Atul Naak in another YouTube comedy series Behti Naak, created by Sumukhi Suresh, in 2016.
- In the first season of the 2016 YouTube comedy series Better Life Foundation, Kumar Varun was seen playing the role of a character named Anirban.
- Kumar Varun was seen in a 2016 All India Bakchod (AIB) comedy skit titled AIB Quickie : Facebook Friends Unfriend Each Other For The First Time. The video was his first video with the AIB.
- Kumar played the role of a character named Failure Mehta in the 2017 AIB video Honest Engineering Campus Placements. Some of his popular collaboration with AIB includes the comedy sketches AIB: Honest House Parties and AIB: If Apps Were People.
- In the same year, he was seen in the first season of Laakhon Mein Ek, an Amazon Prime series, as Kodoth.
- He appeared as Guruji in the first season of Pushpavalli, a series created by Sumukhi Suresh. The show premiered on Amazon Prime in December 2017.
- In 2018, he was seen in a YouTube short film titled Half Ticket 2 as Pranav (Peda).
- He was seen in a TLC India show titled Kings & Queens in the same year.
- Kumar Varun appeared as Kranti “Samosa” in the first season of a Zakir Khan-created 2018 Amazon Prime web series titled Chacha Vidhayak Hain Hamare.
- In the same year, he was seen in the second season of a DisneyPlus Hotstar comedy series titled Better Life Foundation.
- In the same year, he appeared in an MX player series titled Cheesecake in which he played the role of a character named Shikhar.
- In the second season of the Amazon Prime 2020 series, Pushpavalli, Kumar Varun appeared as Guruji.
- Kumar played the role of Babloo in the comedy series PariWar (2020), starring Ranvir Shorey, Yashpal Sharma, Sadiya Siddiqui, Nidhi Singh, and Vijay Raaz, on DisneyPlus Hotstar.
- During the COVID lockdown of 2020, Kumar Varun began inviting famous comedians to a quiz competition named KVizzing. Later, he made an Instagram account named KVizzing and began uploading posts related to general knowledge on it. He also uploads videos of the quiz competitions on it. As of January 2023, Kumar has held more than 11 quiz competitions with famous comedians like Rohan Joshi, Kenny Sebastian, and Kanan Gill.
- He appeared in the second season of the web series Chacha Vidhayak Hain Hamare. The series premiered on Amazon Prime in 2021.
- He was seen acting in the second season of the Zakir Khan-produced Farzi Mushaira. The series premiered on Amazon miniTv in October 2022.
- He was seen playing the role of an Election Commission of India officer in Hostel Daze. The series premiered on Amazon Prime in November 2022.
- He appeared in the third season of Farzi Mushaira which was released on Amazon miniTV on 13 January 2023.
- Kumar Varun likes pets. He has an Alaskan Husky named Arya.
- Kumar Varun consumes liquor occasionally.
- He often uploads photographs of his custom-made Liverpool FC merchandise on social media.
- During a podcast, Varun said that he wanted to pursue a career in journalism.