|Famous Role||“Dr Jackal” in the popular TV serial, ‘Shaktimaan’ (1997)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper (Semi-bald)|
|Debut||Theatre Play: The Expansion And The Rule
TV: Police Files aired on Doordarshan
Film: Nirmaan (1987)
|Date of Birth||28 September 1964 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||55 Years|
|School||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Batwara, Jammu and Kashmir|
|College/University||Ramjas College, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Political Science YouTube|
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket and Reading Books|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||He has one younger brother.|
|Theatre Artist||Manohar Singh|
|Actor(s)||Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan, and Naseeruddin Shah|
|Film||Do Ankhen Barah Haath (1957)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lalit Parimoo
- Lalit Parimoo is a veteran Indian film and television actor.
- He hails from a Kashmiri family.
- He moved to Delhi from Kashmir to pursue his graduation. He joined ‘Shalimar Theatre Group’ in Delhi.
- Later, he worked as an actor in various theatre plays. He has also worked in theatre plays for radio.
- In an interview, he shared how he decided to pursue acting as a career, he said,
Films have had a strong influence on me right from the beginning. When a person steps into adolescence, too many things are on his/her mind. Being from a middle-class family everyone from my family expected that I would be a doctor or an engineer but these professions never fascinated me. When I gave a serious thought about acting and realised that I can do well in this field, I decided I must go for it so I started with theatre in Delhi. As time progressed this interest became a passion for me. I learnt a lot from theatre and plays. I started acting at a very early age of 18 and started earning from it at the age of 22.
- He has appeared in various TV serials, like ‘Virat’ (1997), ‘Jhoome Jiiya Re’ (2007), ‘Kesariya Balam Aavo Hamare Des’ (2009), and ‘CID’ (2002). He came into the limelight with the 1997 superhit TV serial, ‘Shaktimaan,’ in which he played the character of ‘Dr. Jackal.’
- He has acted in a few Hindi films, including ‘Sanshodhan’ (1996), ‘Hum Tum Pe Marte Hain’ (1999), ‘Agent Vinod’ (2012), and ‘Haider’ (2014).
- He published his book ‘Mai Manushya Hun’ in 2014.
- He has his own theatre group ‘Nat Samaj’ in Mumbai.
- He founded ‘Lalit Parimoo Academy of Abhinay Yog;’ in 2006; a training centre which is a combination of acting skills and yogic techniques.
References/Sources: [ + ]