Some Lesser Known Facts About Drake
- Does Drake smoke?: Yes
- Does Drake drink alcohol?: Yes
- Before embarking on his solo career, Drake had appeared in the Degrassi: The Next Generation as soon as in 2000, which brought him initial recognition. He was on the show for seven years and won several awards and honors for it.
- His debut album Thank Me Later was ranked number one on Billboard 200 and was certified platinum by RIAA.
- He received a Grammy Award in the category Best Rap Album for his album ‘Take Care’.
- His album Views was ranked on the top ranking for 10 consecutive weeks making it the first album to achieve that in over 10 years.
- He also holds the record for having maximum number one listings on Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop beating Jay Z.
- Drake currently co-owns OVO Sounds & OVO line of clothing in addition to his association in the production company Champagne Papi. He also represents Canadian NBA team Toronto Raptors.
- His style of writing is egotistical and is known for his technique and putting in a emotional element to the songs.
- His rapping ability is known as Polarizing which could be because of growing up in two polarizing parts of Toronto. Lil Wayne has been a substantial part of his singles and albums.
- Drake popularized the term YOLO from his single “The Motto”. It stands for “you only live once.” He also coined the name “The Six” for Toronto.
- Drake has rendered his voice for Ethan, the young mammoth in Ice Age: Continental Drift in (2012).
- Drake visited Lil Wayne three times when he was in New York’s Riker’s Island jail.
- He is also appreciated for his song-writing. He wrote the songs “Un-Thinkable” for Alicia Keys and “Fall For Your Type” for Jamie Foxx.
- Drake is a big Miami Heat fan and was found waiting outside their locker room but was not allowed to enter because he did not have a media pass.
- His celebrity crushes are Kat Dennings, star of Two Broke Girls, Meagan Good and Eva Mendes.
- He admitted that all his tweets could be tattoos on his body he was a tattoo kinda person.
- Drake was totally close to playing with Hanson, but their broke a riot in the heavily crowded audience and the show was cancelled.
- Drake writes his music straight on his BlackBerry instead of on a paper or notebook.
- Drake hosted and acted in the Saturday Nigh Live show and was critically praised for his acting and comedic timing.
- He is not really happy with his record label Universe, as he tweeted “Stop taking my f***** songs down” and also said that “I am doing this for the people not your label”.
- His album Views portrays the change of seasons in his hometown “The Six”, as he would like to call.
- He makes his own whisky and has a spirit business venture coming up too. He already has a label called ‘Virginia Black’ that is a North American bourbon.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography