|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Awards & Achievements||• 2008: Black and Gray (Large Award) in the Goa Tattoo Festival
• 2014: Best Male Tattoo Artist Award by Indian Tattoo Awards
• 2017: Best Black and Gray (Small) at the Goa Tattoo Festival
• 2021: Guinness World Record for inking the maximum number of flags on a human
|Date of Birth||12 May 1983 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||40 Years|
|School||He did his schooling in Delhi and a few other states of India.|
|College/University||• Sri Aurobindo College, New Delhi
• Bangalore University, Bengaluru
• Wigan and Leigh College, Bengaluru
|Educational Qualification(s)||• BCom at Sri Aurobindo College, New Delhi
• Associate of Arts and Sciences (AAS), Design and Applied Arts at Bangalore University, Bengaluru (2001-2007)
• Post Graduation in Marketing at Wigan and Leigh College, Bengaluru YourStory LinkedIn - Lokesh Verma
|Religion/Religious Views||Lokesh belongs to a Hindu family. However, he is an atheist. Huck Magazine Facebook – Devilz Tattooz|
• M-37, 2nd Floor (Above CCD), G.K-1, New Delhi 110048
• Shop# 77, 1st floor, Galleria, DLF-IV, Gurgaon 122002, Haryana
• Shop#168, 1st floor, Block B High Street, Vegas Mall, Dwarka, New Delhi 110075
• 142, Boulevard De La Petrusse, 2330, Luxembourg
|Tattoo(s)||He has got tattoos on his both arms and chest. On his right forearm, he has a tattoo of chasing dreams, and his wife’s portrait on his left bicep.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 2010|
|Children||He has a son.|
|Parents||His father served in the Indian Army and also worked in the security department. His mother was a teacher.|
|Siblings||He has a sister.|
|Tattoo Artist(s)||Paul Booth, Robert Hernandez, Dimitri Smohin|
|Car Collection||• BMW
• GLE 450 Facebook - Devilz Tattooz
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lokesh Verma
- Lokesh Verma is an Indian tattoo artist who gained recognition for introducing soundwave tattoos in India. He is one of the pioneers in this field within the country. Lokesh is also known for organizing the “Heartwork Tattoo Festival,” which stands as the sole international tattoo festival in India. He has established numerous tattoo studios across India and abroad under the brand name Devil’z Tattooz.
- During Lokesh’s childhood, he had a passion for drawing cartoons. At the age of 14, he won a painting competition sponsored by Mitsubishi, which took place in Japan.
- Lokesh developed a fascination for tattoos at a very young age. In an interview, he talked about it and said,
I was always fascinated with body art or Tattoos but no one knew much about it back then. So, while singing and dancing were still considered a hobby, being interested in making tattoos or even considering it as a profession was completely bizarre in those days. But my parents never stopped me from experimenting and always supported and boosted my morale for whatever I chose to do.”
- During his college days, he rarely attended lectures and would frequently request his friends to mark his attendance on his behalf.
- While pursuing an MBA in 2003, he met Sanober Ahmed, and they eventually started dating. After being together for six years, Lokesh and Sanober tied the knot in 2010.
- During Lokesh’s teenage years, his parents worked hard to provide basic necessities for their family. They faced financial challenges and resided in a small one-room apartment for many years. Lokesh’s father, retired army personnel, took on odd jobs to support the family. His mother, who worked as a teacher, also contributed to making ends meet. In an interview, Lokesh shared his experiences and the difficulties he faced. He said,
Even with their meagre earnings, my parents ensured that I and my sister got proper schooling so that we could have a better future. I was an average student but was absolutely passionate for art and would end up drawing everywhere including my school bag and school bench too.”
- Lokesh faced many challenges, but he was determined to create a better future for himself. Since his family was struggling financially, he started working right after finishing his board exams. His first job involved handing out pamphlets and selling internet CDs on the streets and going door-to-door in the city. Surprisingly, Lokesh was really good at selling CDs and ended up selling the most in his group, which led to him being promoted to the position of team leader.
- Even though he achieved some success in the job, Lokesh, soon grew tired of the job’s routine. He then decided to pursue his passion for music and started a job as a DJ at night.
- He continued his studies as well and enrolled in an MBA course. He had to attend classes from 8 am to 12 pm, work from 12 pm to 7 pm, and play music as a DJ from 9 pm to 12 am.
- To save money to buy his first tattoo machine, Lokesh took on another job at a local McDonald’s. During the day, he made burgers and did various tasks like cleaning floors and toilets. At night, he continued working as a DJ. Through his dedication and hard work, Lokesh gradually saved up enough money to fulfil his dream of owning a tattoo machine. In an interview, while discussing this, he shared his experiences.
I bought the machine and started doing tattoos on my own body, determined to learn it all. My father was very supportive and offered his skin for me to practice. I was so fascinated by this art that I was doing tattoos on my friends for free, even ready to pay them money sometimes to get tattooed from me initially.”
- After buying the tattoo machine, he tried his first tattoo on his father. In an interview, he talked about his father’s tattoo. He said,
I was always into drawing skulls and crossbones. I did a big demon on his arms, using a single needle…It turned out to be good and is still holding strong.”
- During his initial days as a tattoo artist, he would often offer tattoos free of cost to his friends. Sometimes, he even paid money to people to let them practise on their bodies.
- In 2005, his passion for tattooing began to transform into a profession. As word spread about his talent, more and more people, including friends and acquaintances, lined up to get tattoos from Lokesh between 2003 and 2005.
- During that time, there were very few professional tattoo studios in Delhi, so Lokesh worked out of his best friend’s house. Eventually, he moved to a small salon in Vasant Vihar. In 2008, Lokesh opened his first tattoo studio named Devil’z Tattooz in GK1.
- In 2013, Lokesh expanded his business by opening another studio branch in Gurgaon, and in 2021, he established one in Dwarka. He also extended his tattoo studios to Luxembourg. As Lokesh’s incredible work gained recognition, requests for tattoos poured in from friends, acquaintances, and eventually clients from various backgrounds. Each tattoo provided Lokesh with an opportunity to showcase his talent and leave a lasting impression on his clients.
- Lokesh then actively participated in tattoo conventions, workshops, and seminars where he learned from renowned artists and stayed updated with the latest trends and techniques.
- Over the years, Lokesh has also shared his knowledge and taught many people the art of tattooing. He always emphasizes the importance of maintaining cleanliness and hygiene when teaching others. Lokesh has worked in 15 different countries and ensures that his studios adhere to strict European standards.
- In 2010, he travelled to the USA and Europe to further enhance his skills. During his journey, he had the privilege of refining his art at prestigious studios such as Paul Booth’s Last Rites Tattoo Gallery in New York City, Nikko Hurtado’s Black Anchor Tattoo in Hollywood, California, Off the Map in Massachusetts, Tommy Lee’s Monsters Tattoo Cologne in Germany, Heaven of Colours in Switzerland, and Alex de Pase Tattoo in Italy.
- One of Lokesh’s notable clients was choreographer Remo D’Souza, for whom he created a portrait of Jesus, marking his first tattoo on a celebrity.
- Among his other celebrity clients are the Indian actors Taapsee Pannu and Swara Bhaskar, as well as cricketers Shikhar Dhawan, Ishant Sharma, and Umesh Yadav, among others.
- Additionally, Lokesh is the co-founder of the Heartwork Tattoo Festival, which stands as one of the largest tattoo conventions in India.
- Lokesh Verma is among the pioneers, as he is one of the first Asians to be invited as a guest to the prestigious Academie Tie Polo. This institution is renowned as the world’s first university specializing in tattooing and fine arts.
- Lokesh generously shares his knowledge and expertise with over 100 aspiring tattoo artists. Many of them now work alongside him in his studios, benefiting from his guidance.
- In 2013, Lokesh launched his YouTube channel Devil’z Tattooz, where he regularly uploads videos showcasing his tattooing skills.
- A significant collaboration occurred in 2018 when Lokesh joined forces with the renowned tattoo artist Paul Booth, who has always been a great source of inspiration for him.
- A remarkable milestone was achieved by Lokesh in 2019. He became the first artist from Asia to receive an invitation to lecture at the esteemed University of Tattooing and Fine Arts, known as Academie Tier Polo, located in Italy.
- According to his social media profiles, he is a humanitarian and someone who enjoys motor vehicles.
- Lokesh has been observed consuming alcohol and smoking cigarettes on various occasions.
- In 2022, Lokesh had the opportunity to share his journey of becoming one of India’s top tattoo artists during his appearance at TEDx Talks.