|Real Name||Shikhar Dhawan
|Nickname(s)||Gabbar, Jatt Ji, Daddy D|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Left-handed Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 16 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI- 20 October 2010 against Australia at Visakhapatnam
Test- 14 March 2013 against Australia at Mohali
T20- 4 June 2011 against West Indies at Port of Spain
|Jersey Number||#25, 16 (India)
|Domestic/State Team||Deccan Chargers, Delhi, Delhi Daredevils, India A, Mumbai Indians, Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|Coach/Mentor(s)||Tarak Sinha, Madan Sharma|
|Favourite Shot||Cut shot|
|Records (main ones)||• The leading run scorer in any Under-19 World Cup (505 runs from 7 innings in 2004).
• The fastest to reach 1000 runs in ICC ODI tournaments (16 innings).
• The 2nd-highest individual score in a List A match (248 runs off 150 balls for India A against South Africa A at Pretoria).
• Shikhar Dhawan and David Warner became the 1st opening pair to score more than 2000 runs in the IPL.
• The 97th batsman overall to score a century on his Test debut (187 runs against Australia in 2013).
• The fastest century ever on Test debut (187 runs off 85 balls against Australia in 2013).
• Most runs by an Indian player in the 2015 ICC World Cup (412 runs in 8 innings).
• The 1st ever cricketer to get 2 consecutive golden bats at ICC Champions Trophy.
• Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma made a record opening partnership in T20 internationals (158 runs) for any wicket, against New Zealand in 2017.
• The 1st Indian batsman (9th overall) to score a century in 100th ODI (against South Africa in 2018).
|Awards/Achievements||2004- Player of the Tournament in the Under-19 World Cup
2013- Man of the Series in the ICC Champions Trophy
|Career Turning Point||His performance for the India Blue in the 2010 Challengers Trophy, after which he was included in the ODI series against Australia.|
|Date of Birth||5 December 1985|
|Age (as of 2022)||37 Years|
|School||St. Mark's Senior Secondary Public School, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||12th standard|
|Address||A bungalow in Delhi and Melbourne|
|Hobbies||Doing yoga, Swimming, Reading, Playing table tennis and badminton|
|Tattoo(s)||• Right hand- Arjuna, the character from Mahabharat, Lord Shiva, and Baba Deep Singh (one of the most honoured martyrs in Sikh history)
• Left biceps- "Carpe Diem" written
• Right shoulder- A tribal design
• Left calf- A bird with a leafless tree
• Left forearm- His wife's name written "Ayesha"
Tattoos Photo & Details: Shikhar Dhawan tattoos
Note: In an interview in March 2023, he talked about his first tattoo, a Scorpio tattoo on his back, and said that he got the tattoo inked at the age of 14-15 in Manali. According to Dhawan, he didn't inform his family about the tattoo, and after 3-4 months, his father beat him when he came to know about the tattoo. Dhawan also said that he was scared as he didn't know about the number of bodies that the needle had pierced following which he had his HIV test, which came negative. The Free Press Journal
|Controversies||• On 29 December 2017, when he, along with his family was travelling to Cape Town to play against South Africa, his wife and kids were stopped at Dubai airport from boarding the flight as they weren't having birth certificates for the kids.
• In February 2023, Delhi's Patiala House Court restrained his estranged wife, Ayesha Mukherjee, from levelling defamatory allegations against him. The court's order came after Dhawan filed a plea in the court against his estranged wife, claiming that she had been threatening him to ruin his career. The Economic Times
|Girls, Affairs & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Ayesha Mukherjee (Former Kickboxer)|
|Marriage Date||30 October 2012|
|Marriage Place||Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
|Wife/Spouse||Ayesha Mukherjee (m. October 2012; div. September 2021)
|Children||Son- Zoravar (born in 2014)
Daughters- Rhea (Step-daughter), Aliyah (Step-daughter)
|Parents||Father- Mahendra Pal Dhawan
Mother- Sunaina Dhawan
Sister- Shreshta (Younger)
|Cricketer(s)||Sachin Tendulkar, Andy Flower|
|Cricket Ground||Lord's Cricket Ground, London|
|Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Sylvester Stallone|
|Singer(s)||Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Wadali brothers (Puranchand & Pyarelal)|
|Song(s)||"Mawa Thandiya Chava" by Gurdas Maan
"Sai" by Satinder Sartaj
|Book(s)||Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, The Secret by Rhonda Byrne|
|Car Collection||Mercedes GL350 CDI
|Bike Collection||Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa, Royal Enfield|
|Salary (as of 2018)||Retainer Fee- ₹7 crore
Test Fee- ₹15 lakh
ODI Fee- ₹6 lakh
T20 Fee- ₹3 lakh
IPL 11- ₹5.2 crore
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 75 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shikhar Dhawan
- Does Shikhar Dhawan smoke?: No
- Does Shikhar Dhawan drink alcohol?: Yes
- His cousin used to play for Sonnet Club, Delhi. Watching him play, he developed his interest in cricket, after which his parents enrolled him at the Sonnet Club, aged 12, under the coaching of Tarak Sinha.
- The same year, he scored a century in a U-15 school tournament.
- When he joined the club, he was more of a wicket-keeper than a batsman.
- While he was playing domestic cricket, there was a time when he was continually overlooked by the selectors, which frustrated him so much that he wanted to quit playing cricket.
- On his ODI debut, he got out on a “duck” and scored a “century” on his Test debut.
- He was selected ahead of Virender Sehwag on his Test debut, and he fully justified his selection by hitting the fastest century on Test debut — in just 85 balls.
- His Ghajini haircut, curved moustache, and the way he twirls his moustache is a trendsetter among the youths.
- His wife Ayesha Mukherji who was settled in Australia was introduced to him by their common friend Harbhajan Singh on Facebook. Later, they both got into a relationship and got married.
- His wife Ayesha is half-Bengali and half-British, who hails from Melbourne, Australia. She has 2 children with her first husband and 1 child with Shikhar Dhawan.
- His wife is 10 years older than him.
- He has a signature style of celebration after taking a catch.
- He is known to be a grounded person and he credits Sufi songs for it as it taught him to treat success and failure in the same way.
- In September 2021, his wife, Ayesha, took to Instagram to announce that Shikhar and she had parted ways after nine years of marriage. In her Instagram post, she wrote,
I THOUGHT DIVORCE WAS A DIRTY WORD UNTIL I BECAME A 2 TIME DIVORCEE. Funny how words can have such powerful meanings and associations. I experienced this first hand as a divorcee. The first time I went through a divorce I was soooooooo fu@kn scared. I felt like I had failed and I was doing something so wrong at that time. I felt as if I had let everyone down and even felt selfish. I felt that I was letting my parents down, I felt that I was letting my children down and even to some extent I felt as if I was letting God down. Divorce was such a dirty word. So now imagine, I have to go through it a second time. Woooahhhhhh. That is terrifying. Being divorced once before already, felt like I had more at stake the second time round. I had more to prove. So when my second marriage broke down it was really scary.”