Age: 43 Years At The Time Of Death
Death Date: 10/07/2021
|Full name||Kathi Mahesh Kumar News Meter|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Film Critic, Director, Writer|
|Famous for||His reviews on Telugu cinema|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||Film (Telugu; actor): Edari Varsham (2011)
Film (Telugu; director): Pesaratu (2015)
Film (Telugu; writer): Minugurulu (2014)
TV (Telugu): Bigg Boss Telugu: Season 1 (2017)
|Last Film||Krack (2021) as 'Kathi'
|Date of Birth||14 December 1977 (Wednesday)|
|Birthplace||Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Date of Death||10 July 2021 (at 4 p.m.)|
|Place of Death||Apollo Hospital, Chennai|
|Age (at the time of death)||43 Years|
|Death Cause||Respiratory Complications Deccan Chronicle|
|Hometown||Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|School||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya|
|College/University||Hyderabad Central University The Hindu|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Communications Rediff|
|Religion||Hinduism The Hans India|
|Caste||Dalit English Lokmat|
|Political Inclination||YSR Congress Party The News Minute|
|Controversies||• Mahesh landed into a controversy in 2018 for making derogatory remarks on Lord 'Rama.' During a debate on a regional news channel, Kathi called Lord Rama a ‘cheat’ and also said that Sita would have been better off with Ravana. He was banned from entering Hyderabad on 9 July 2018 for a period of six months by the Telangana police, under the Telangana Prevention of Anti-Social and Hazardous Activities Act, 1980, after the act. Deccan Chronicle
• A case was registered against Mahesh in 2020 after he made a statement during an anti-CAA event held in Osmania University, Hyderabad, that Lord Rama had many mistresses and that Sita was willing to eat the golden deer that Lord Rama was chasing. The News Minute After the controversy, his father came into his support and said that whatever his son said about Lord Rama was true and people were criticising him because he was a Dalit. He also said that the real truth of Lord Ram would be understood if one reads the book ‘Ramayana Visha Vruksham.’
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Divorced (The couple was rumoured to be divorced. However, in one of his interviews, his father said that Mahesh and Sonalika were not separated and were very much together) Suman TV|
|Children||Son- Mukund Avinash
|Parents||Father- Kathi Obulesu
|Siblings||Brother- Kathi Ravi Kumar
Sister- Vani Kathi
|Quote||"If God exists, that is His business."|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mahesh Kathi
- Mahesh Kathi was an Indian actor and film critic who mostly worked in Telugu films.
- Kathi grew up in a middle-class family in Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh.
- He developed an interest in films at a very young age and wanted to make his career in the film industry since childhood.
- Mahesh started his career in the area of communication development.
- Before entering the Telugu film industry, Mahesh had worked for many NGOs.
- While he was pursuing his post-graduation, he met a girl named Sonalika and fell in love with her. Later, the duo got married to each other.
- In 2014, Kathi co-wrote the film “Minuhurulu.” The film was the first Telugu film to be preserved in the Oscar Library’s permanent collection. It was also the first Telugu script to contest in the Best Feature Film category at the Academy Awards.
- Kathi also worked as the co-writer for the Tamil film “Egise Taarajuvvalu.”
- As an actor, he worked in the Telugu films “Hrudaya Kaleyam” (2014), “Nene Raju Nene Mantri” (2017), “Kobbari Matta” (2019), and “Amma Rajyam Lo Kadapa Biddalu” (2020).
- Mahesh actively supported the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy and the YSR Congress Party. He had been vocal about it in various television debates.
- He was also involved with philanthropy work and had worked with UNICEF, World Bank, Save the Children, and the Clinton Foundation for social causes.
- Not just social issues, Mahesh was also famous for his straight views on politics, religion, and prominent figures from the film industry.
- He worked as an associate editor for the book “Slap Philosophy.”
- Prior to his death, Mahesh was residing in Hyderabad, Telangana.