Hometown: Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh
Age: 50 Years
Caste: Protestant Christian
|Full Name||Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in feet inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Political Party||• Indian National Congress (INC)
• Yuvajana Shramika Raithu Congress (YSR Congress)
|Political Journey||• Campaigned for the Indian National Congress (INC) in 2004
• Contested and won the 2009 Lok Sabha Elections from the Kadapa Constituency in Andhra Pradesh, as a member of the INC
• On 29 November 2010, he quit the Congress
• In March 2011, he announced his party- YSR Congress
• In June 2012, his party contested the by-polls and won 17 Assembly seats and 1 Lok Sabha seat
• Contested the 2014 Assembly Elections of Andhra Pradesh, but his party lost; winning only 67 of the 175 seats
• In the 2019 Assembly Elections of Andhra Pradesh, his party won 149 of the 175 seats and came to power
|Biggest Rival||N. Chandrababu Naidu|
|Date of Birth||21 December 1972|
|Age (as of 2022)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Pulivendula Village of Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh|
|Hometown||Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||Hyderabad Public School|
|College/University||Nizam College, Hyderabad|
|Educational Qualification (s)||• B.Com from Nizam College in 1990
• MBA from Nizam College in 1993
|Address||House No. 3-9-77 Pulivendla, Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh|
|Controversies||• In 2011, a petition was filed against Reddy by the former State Minister P Shankar Rao. He blamed him of gathering a wealth of Rs. 43,000 Crores while Reddy's father was the CM of Andhra Pradesh. The CBI investigated Reddy, and a disproportionate assets case was filed against him. The CBI filed more than 11 chargesheets against Reddy, and he was arrested on 27 May 2012. He was released in September 2013 and was removed as the Leader of the Opposition.
• On 5 August 2017, he called the former Andhra Pradesh CM N. Chandrababu Naidu a Mukhyakantri (Chief Looter), and said that it would be nothing wrong if he was shot down in the middle of the road. Many people criticized his statement as the area he said this in was a very sensitive one and was known to have riots and clashes regularly. TDP leader Mallela Rajshekhar filed a police complaint against Jaganmohan for his remarks and for provoking the people.
• On 25 October 2017, while Reddy was at the Vishakhapatnam Airport, a person from the food court came up to him to take a selfie. While taking the selfie, he slashed Reddy's left hand with a knife. He was arrested and took in for questioning. The accused was identified as J Srinivas Rao.
• On 26 May 2018, he was on a padayatra (foot march) in the West Godavari District. There he announced that he will rename the district as Alluri Sitarama Raju District; as the rebellion of freedom fighter, Sitarama Raju, is not given much acknowledgement. The TDP blamed Reddy of making such statements to appeal the Kshatriya (Raju) Community; which is dominant in the West Godavari.
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||28 August 1996|
Daughter (s)- 2
• Varsha Reddy (Elder)
• Harsha Reddy (Younger)
|Parents||Father- Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy (Former Politician)
Mother- Y. S. Vijayamma (Politician)
Sister- YS Sharmila Reddy (Younger; Politician)
|Car Collection||• BMW X5 (2007 Model)
• 3 Mahindra Scorpio Cars (2009 Model)
|Assets/Properties||Movable: Rs. 339.89 Crores
Cash: Rs. 43,000
Bank Deposits: Rs. 1.45 Crores
Bonds & Shares: Rs. 50.32 Crores
Immovable: Rs. 35.30 Crores
• Agricultural Land in Vempalli Mandal, Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh worth Rs. 42 Lacs
• Non-Agricultural Land in Bakarapuram Mandal, Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh worth Rs. 4 Crores
• Non-Agricultural Land in Bakarapuram Mandal, Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh worth Rs. 3 Crores
• Commercial Building in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad worth Rs. 14 Crores
• Residential Building in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad worth Rs. 3.19 Crores
• Residential Building in Bakarapuram Mandal, Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh worth Rs. 8.80 Crores
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 1,25,000 + Other Allowances (as an MLA of Andhra Pradesh Assembly)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 510 Crores (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Jaganmohan Reddy is an Indian politician from Andhra Pradesh. He is the President and founder of his party Yuvajana Shramika Raithu Congress YSR Congress). His father, Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy was the former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh from 2004 to 2009. Jaganmohan Reddy’s party won the 2019 Assembly Elections of Andhra Pradesh.
- His father was in the Indian National Congress (INC) and was a two time Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. He died on 2 September 2009 in a helicopter crash. His father was loved and respected throughout Andhra Pradesh. When people heard about his death, some of his supporters committed suicide and many died of shock.
- Jaganmohan Reddy used to campaign for his father in Andhra Pradesh in 2004.
- In 2009, he became a member of the Congress party.
- He contested the 2009 Lok Sabha Elections from the Kadapa Constituency and won.
- In February 2010, six months after his father’s death, he began an Odarpu Yatra (condolence tour) for his father. He met his father’s supporters and the families of the people who killed themselves or died upon hearing the news of his death.
- The Congress leadership directed him to call off his condolence tour, but he stated that it was a personal matter and defied their orders.
- On 29 November 2010, he quit the Congress party after months of disagreements and arguments with the Congress leadership.
- In 2012, while he was in jail, he started a hunger strike opposing the formation of Telangana. After 125 hours of fasting, his sugar and blood pressure were down and he had to be admitted to the hospital.
- On 6 November 2017, he started a 3000 km long padayatra (foot march) named Praja Sankalpa Yatra. He started this foot march to visit all the 125 Assembly segments in all the 13 districts of Andhra Pradesh. The march took 430 days to complete and ended on 9 January 2019.
- On 23 May 2019, his party YSR Congress won the Assembly Elections of Andhra Pradesh. His longtime rival N. Chandrababu Naidu lost and had to resign from the Chief Minister’s post.