|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||30-28-34|
|Debut||TV (child actor): ‘Mohe Rang De’ (2008) in a cameo role
TV (lead actor): ‘Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke’ (2012) as Rachna Tripathi
Film (Telugu): ‘Venkatapuram’ (2019) as Chaitra
Short Film (Hindi): ‘Take 2’ (2019) as Natasha
Film (Hindi): ‘Antim: The Final Truth’ (2021) as Manda
|Date of Birth||5 August 1999 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||22 Years|
|School||Mary Immaculate Girls’ High School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Thakur College of Science and Commerce, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM) The Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Ankit Siwach (actor; rumoured) India Today
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (worked as a construction worker, died of kidney infection in 1999)
Mother- Meena Makwana (social worker)
|Siblings||Brother- Chetan Makwana (elder; accountant)
|Cuisine(s)||Chinese, Italian, Indian|
|Film(s)||Kal Ho Na Ho (2003) and Chakk De India (2007)|
|Singer(s)||Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal|
|Colours(s)||White, Black, Red|
|Book||The Secret by Rhonda Byrne|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mahima Makwana
- Mahima Makwana is an Indian film and television actress who gained immense popularity in Zee TV’s serial ‘Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke’ (2012) as Rachna Tripathi.
- Mahima Makwana was born and brought up in Mumbai.
- She started working at a very early age to meet the financial expenses of her family.
- When she was only 10 years old, she started appearing for the auditions of TV serials and advertisements. Later, she got selected in auditions for various modelling assignments.
- As a child actor, she appeared in many Hindi TV serials such as ‘Balika Vadhu’ (as young Gauri Singh; 2009) and ‘Miley Jab Hum Tum’ (as young Nupur Bhushan; 2009).
- Her role in the TV serial ‘Sapne Suhane Ladakpan Ke’ got immense popularity for which she received many awards including Favourite Behen, Favourite Beti, and Favourite Naya Sadasya-Female.
- She has also appeared in various episodic TV serials like ‘CID’ (2012), ‘Aahat’ (2012), ‘Code Red’ (2015), and ‘Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya’ (2015).
- Mahima has acted in Hindi TV serials such as ‘Adhuri Kahaani Hamari’ (2015), ‘Rishton Ka Chakravyuh’ (2017), ‘Mariam Khan – Reporting Live’ (2018), and ‘Shubharambh’ (2019).
- She has been invited as a guest in various seasons of the TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss’ (Hindi).
- Mahima Makwana acted in the Hindi web series ‘Flesh’ in 2020.
- Apart from TV serials, she has acted in Telugu and Hindi films also. In 2021, she acted in the Telugu film ‘Mosagallu.’
- She made her Bollywood debut with ‘Antim: The Final Truth’ in 2021 along with the Indian actors Salman Khan and Aayush Sharma. Earlier, her role was offered to the popular Indian TV actress Avika Gor, but she could not accept the offer. During an interview, while talking about her debut Hindi film, she said,
What appealed to me more than the role was the association with the makers of the film and of course, Salman sir and Mahesh (Manjrekar) sir. The fact that it was based on a Marathi film also appealed to me. It was not just one thing but a blend of so many things coming together. I auditioned for the role, and I was lucky enough to have grabbed it. I feel absolutely elated and grateful to have this opportunity come to me.”
- She has also appeared in Hindi music videos such as “Dhadkanein Meri” by Asees Kaur and Yasser Desai in 2019, “Teri Baat Aur Hai” (2020) by Stebin Ben, and “Bas Ek Tera Main Hoke” (2021) by Stebin Ben.
- Mahima featured in TV commercials like Vasmol and Trichup Shampoo.
View this post on Instagram
- During an interview, while remembering her initial years as an actor, she said,
I don’t have any regrets because it is my own journey. I own up to all the mistakes I have made, all the lessons I have learnt and all the experiences I have had. I didn’t have an easy journey. It was a huge task to start working at the age of 10 and being the sole earning member of the family, and at the same time, making my profession my passion. But, I had my eyes on the goal and I knew that one day I would make it to the big screen. When I first started working, I knew this was something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I also come from a family where I have a single parent, so life wasn’t easy. It hit me way before then it should have, but it also made me the person I am today. Yes, I missed out on the formative school and college days of my life, but I think everything happened for a reason.”
Initially, there are a lot of preconceived notions for television actors because according to them, TV stars do a lot of overacting. But, it’s not overacting because actors are performing according to the demands of the script and the medium. There was a time when I was doing TV and I used to audition for a lot of films. I was scrutinised and looked down upon just because I was working for TV. However, times are changing now and the lines are blurring. We have filmmakers like Mahesh who just see the potential in an actor and the work that they do. And that’s how it should be because we are often judged by the medium we work for.”
- Mahima is a dog lover and owns a pet dog named Panda.
- In 2021, she was featured on the cover of magazines like Downtown Mirror and Grandeur Lifestyle.