Sumeet Raghavan Age, Family, Wife, Biography & More
|Profession(s)||Actor, TV Presenter, Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 inches
- Waist: 32 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Dubbing Artist: Blue Streak (1999)
Bollywood: U Me Aur Hum (2008)
Marathi Film: Sandook (2015)
TV: Faster Fene (1983)
|Awards||• Most Promising Child Actor Award for his first play ‘Mala Bhet Havi Ho.’
• Best Actor in a Comic Role Jury Award at the Indian Telly Awards for his role of Apoorva Shah in the TV serial 'Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo.'
• Best Anchor Award at the 12th Indian Television Academy Awards for 'The Late Night Show - Jitna Rangeen Utna Sangeen.'
|Date of Birth||22 April 1971|
|Age (as in 2018)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Chembur Karnatak High School, Mumbai|
|College||D. G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Chinmayee Surve (Actress)|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1996|
|Wife/Spouse||Chinmayee Surve (Actress)
|Children||Son- Neerad Sumeet
Daughter- Deeya Sumeet
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Favourite Singer||Mohammed Rafi|
|Favourite Cuisine(s)||Indian, Italian|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sumeet Raghavan
- Does Sumeet Raghavan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Sumeet Raghavan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Sumeet Raghavan was born to a Tamil father and a Kannada mother.
- Since his childhood, he was interested in singing and went on to receive training in classical music from Pt. Vasantrao Kulkarni and Suresh Wadkar.
- He mostly likes to sing ghazals and soft Hindi songs.
- At the age of just 8, Sumeet Raghavan started acting and has performed at various stage shows.
- He has worked in two languages, Hindi and Marathi.
- In 1986, he joined a theatre in Mumbai and his first play was ‘Mala Bhet Havi Ho’ for which he won the Most Promising Child Actor Award.
- Sumeet has also done numerous famous Hindi and Marathi plays like ‘Rang Umalatya Manache,’ ‘Jwalamukhi,’ ‘Lekure Udanda Jahali,’ etc.
- He made his first on-screen appearance as a child artist in 1983 by playing the lead role of Faster Fene in the TV serial ‘Faster Fene.’
- In 2007, he participated in the famous Marathi singing reality TV show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ that was aired on Zee Marathi, in which he was one of the finalists.
- In 2008, Sumeet won the Hindi singing reality TV show ‘Say Shava Shava’ that was aired on NDTV Imagine.
- He also participated in another Hindi singing reality TV show ‘Star Ya Rockstar’ in 2011 that was aired on Zee TV.
- He received huge fame with his role of Sahil Sarabhai in the TV serial ‘Sarabhai vs Sarabhai.’
- Sumeet Raghavan has worked in some short films like ‘Reincarnation,’ etc.
- He has also worked as a dubbing artist for Hollywood films like Blue Streak (1999), Shanghai Noon (2000), Rush Hour 2 (2001), Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets (2002), and Shanghai Knights (2003).
- He has been featured in numerous TV commercials like Cadbury Celebrations, Dabur Balm, New Tata Sky Plus, Bru Coffee, ICICI Mobile Banking, Seagram’s Imperial Blue, etc.
- Apart from being an actor, Sumeet is also a famous host and has hosted several web shows and TV shows like ‘Jay Hind!’ (2009-2013), ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Ja Season 4’ (2010), ‘The Late Night Show – Jitna Rangeen Utna Sangeen’ (2012), and ‘India Ke Mast Kalandar’ (2018).