|Real Name||Sonu Nigam|
|Nickname||Elvis Presley of India|
|Profession||Singer, Music Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 38 Inches
- Waist: 30 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||30 July 1973
|Age (as in 2018)||45 Years|
|Birth Place||Faridabad, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|School||J.D. Tyler School, Delhi|
|College||University of Delhi, New Delhi|
|Debut||Singing: Bewafa Sanam (1990, Bollywood)
Album: Rafi Ki Yaadein Vol 10-20 (1993)
Music Direction: Sooper Se Ooper (2013)
Film: Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani (2002)
|Family||Father- Agam Kumar Nigam (Singer)
Mother- Shobha Nigam
Sisters- Meenal and Neekita (Younger)
|Controversies||• A huge controversy arose in 2015 after he supported Radhe Maa by saying that " Kali Maa depicted in lesser clothes than Radhe Maa."
• He had some heated arguments with Babul Supriyo at the Hotel Sun-n-Sand in Juhu over the issue of royalty earned on songs.
• In April 2017, he landed himself in trouble after he posted a series of tweets regarding the sound of Azaan that he termed it as "forced religiousness."
• After his tweets on the use of loudspeakers at mosques, a West Bengal cleric's issued a fatwa by which he will pay INR 10 lakhs to shave off Sonu's head. In response, Sonu invited a hairstylist Aalim Hakim to cut his hair.
|Favourite Food||Paneer makhanwala, paneer kofta, gulab jamun, butter chicken and tandoori chicken|
|Favourite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Marlyn Monroe|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood: Amar Prem, Kunwara Baap, Half Ticket, Sholay
Hollywood: The Sixth Sense
|Favourite Musicians||Mohammed Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar, Micheal Jackson, Whitney Houston, George Michael, Michael Bolton, Cliff Richards, Mariah Carey|
|Favourite Song||"Duniya Rang Rangeeli Wah Wah" by K.L. Saigal|
|Favourite Book||Don't Sweat the Small Things by Richard Carlson|
|Favourite Destination||Greece, Egypt, New Zealand|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Salary||5-7 Lakh/song (INR)|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonu Nigam
- Does Sonu Nigam smoke?: No
- Does Sonu Nigam drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Sonu gave his first stage performance at the tender age of 3 on the popular song “Kya Hua Tera Vaada.”
- He was initially trained by classical singer Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan.
- At the age of 10, Sonu made his Bollywood debut as an actor by playing the role of young Shatrughan Sinha in the film ‘Taqdeer’ (1983).
- In 1991, he shifted to Mumbai from Faridabad, and during his initial days, he used to sing cover versions to Mohammed Rafi’s songs.
- Sonu’s first super-hit song was “Accha Sila Diya” from the film ‘Bewafa Sanam’ (1995).
- Due to his similar singing style to Mohammed Rafi, he was earlier called as “Rafi clone.”
- His albums of the 90s – “Kismat”, and “Deewana” were huge hits.
- If not a singer, he would have been a scientist or an astronaut.
- His debut film as a lead actor was ‘Love in Nepal’ (2004).
- He firmly believes in fitness and is trained in ‘Taekwondo.’
- He has fear of cockroaches.
- He enjoys doing mimicry of fellow singers and Bollywood actors, which is often seen in various events.
- He has sung songs in various languages like Hindi, English, Oriya, Tamil, Assamese, Punjabi, Bengali, Malayalam, Marathi, Telugu and Nepali.
- He did Hindi voice-overs for Hollywood animated films “Aladdin” and “Rio.”
- He hosted singing reality shows like ‘Sa Re Ga Ma’ (1995-1999), ‘Kisme Kitna Hai Dum’ in 2002, and ‘Life Ki Dhun’ Radioshow in 2006.
- He has been awarded the National Award for the song “Kal Ho Naa Ho” from the film ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’ (2003).
- When he went to receive the National Award for the song “Kal Ho Naa Ho”, he had a hairstyle similar to that of
- He co-judged ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs International’ with Suresh Wadkar in 2007.
- In 2016, Sonu Nigam disguised as a beggar on the streets of Juhu and performed an act, called ‘The Roadside Ustaad.’
- In February 2019, he was admitted to Nanavati Hospital in Mumbai after he got a skin allergy due to the consumption of seafood.
SponsoredView this post on Instagram
Thanks for your concern and love. Now that you know that I am returning back from Jeypore Orissa after managing a concert last night, I now don't mind sharing how I was the day before yesterday. 😇 Lesson for all of us, Never ever ever ever take a chance with allergies. Sea food in my case. If Nanavati Hospital wasn't near by, my trachea would have swollen up further and lead to asphyxiation. Happy and Healthy life to everyone. #health #lifeisbeautiful #goodfortune