|Famous For||Being the wife of former Indian cricketer Dilip Vengsarkar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Date of Birth||14 January 1961 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||60 Years|
|School||Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School, Mumbai|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram-Manali Vengsarkar|
|Tattoo||Left Arm: Eye on lotus tattoo
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||15 August 1981|
|Husband/Spouse||Dilip Vengsarkar (Former Cricketer)
|Parents||Father- Sumant Harishchandra Wandrekar
Mother- Name Not Known
|Children||Son- Nakul Vengsarkar (Interior designer and architect)
Daughter- Pallavi Vengsarkar (model) (married on 3 July 2017 and currently lives in Hong Kong)
Son-in-law- Karan Danthi (Businessman)
Daughter-in-law- Ayesha Faridi (news anchor and journalist at 'ET Now' news channel)
|Grandchildren||Grandson- Nirvaan (son of her daughter Pallavi)
|Siblings||Brother- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manali Vengsarkar
- Manali Vengsarkar is an Indian jewellery designer who is famous for being the wife of former Indian cricketer Dilip Vengsarkar.
- Manali Vengsarkar was born and brought up in Mumbai, India.
- Manali Vengsarkar, at the age of 18, started her own business and set up a factory, but soon after getting into the business, she got married to Dilip Vengsarkar and was blessed with a baby boy a year later. She first met Dilip at the Mumbai airport while returning from an international trip. Recalling about her first meeting, she says,
Tall, dark and handsome! I saw him at Mumbai airport when I was travelling with my mom and I described him in great detail to her down to his shirt! She actually asked me ‘Are you in love with the shirt or the guy!”
- Later, Manali Vengsarkar did a jewellery designing and manufacturing course and started creating her own jewellery line.
- Manali Vengsarkar has designed some exquisite jewellery pieces for many Bollywood celebrities.
- A Hindi-language sports film titled ’83,’ directed by Kabir Khan, has been made to glorify the victory of the Indian cricket team at the 1983 World Cup. Manali Vengsarkar’s husband, Dilip Vengsarkar, was a part of that winning team. Actor Adinath Kothare played the role of Dilip in the film.
- During an interview, when Manali Vengsarkar was asked about what advice she would like to give to the young cricketers’ wives, she said,
Today’s girls are far more mature than we were. I got married when I was 20! I think the wives should do their own thing and give their husbands space to do what they do best. At the end of the day, they are representing the country and the aspirations of over a billion people. The wives should have their own identities rather than be in their husbands’ shadow.”
- Manali Vengsarkar is a social activist. She actively participates in spreading awareness about various social issues.
- Manali Vengsarkar is a nature lover. She is often spotted organising plantation drives in her city.