|Famous for||Winning the title of the Femina Miss India 2020
|Physical Stats & More|
|Wikipedia Height||in centimeters- 176 cm
in meters- 1.76 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9 1⁄2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Date of Birth||21 March 1997 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||24 Years|
|Birthplace||Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh (now in Telangana)|
|School||Global Indian International School (GIIS) Kuala Lumpur Campus, Malaysia|
|College/University||Vasavi College of Engineering, Hyderabad|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech. in Computer Science DNA|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Singing, Reading, Travelling, Doing Embroidery, Skygazing|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Nikhil Mandalika (rumoured)
|Parents||Father- Anumani Varanasi
Mother- Shailaja Varanasi
|Siblings||She has one younger sister, Meghana Varanasi.
|Quote||“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.” by Mary Oliver|
|Scent(s)||Cherry Blossom, Freshly Ground Coriander, Pesto|
|Colour(s)||Fiery Red, Turquoise|
|Dessert(s)||Tiramisu, Fruit Pudding, Rasmalai|
|Book||The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry|
|TV Show||The Office (2005)|
|Songs||‘Social Jungle’ by Herizen, ‘We Are the Champions’ by Queen|
|Movie Dialogue||“Why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.” from the film Batman Begins (2005)|
|Film(s)||Dead Poets Society (1989), Interstellar (2014), Andhadhun (2018)|
|Beauty Queen||Priyanka Chopra|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manasa Varanasi
- Manasa Varanasi is an Indian model and beauty queen who won the title of the Femina Miss India 2020.
- She grew up in an upper-middle-class family in Hyderabad along with her three siblings.
- At an early age, Manasa was inclined towards performing arts, and she started participating in various extra-curricular activities held in her school.
- The event of Priyanka Chopra winning the title of the Miss World 2000 inspired Manasa Varanasi to step into the beauty pageant. In an interview, Manasa revealed that she idolised Priyanka Chopra and said,
Out of all the beauty queens, Priyanka Chopra stands out to me because she’s an explorer – she has always chosen to push her boundaries and made her mark in various spaces – music, movies, entrepreneurship, social work, and the list goes on. Also, as a shy kid who tried to make herself heard, I always looked up to Priyanka for the outspoken badass that she was. It’s her versatility and strength that I draw inspiration from.”
- During her school years, she worked as a committee member for a non-governmental organization (NGO), Interact Club by Rotary International, where she worked from 2011 to 2012. LinkedIn
- After completing her schooling at Global Indian International School (GIIS) Kuala Lumpur Campus in Malaysia, Manasa pursued a degree in computer science at Vasavi College of Engineering in Hyderabad, where she got involved in many extracurricular activities including dance, music, and drama.
- Manasa Varanasi was a key member of her college’s music band, NINE DAYS. According to Manasa, the members of this music band used to call her ‘Adele of the band.’
- While studying at Vasavi College of Engineering, she won her first beauty queen title when she was crowned as Ms. Fresher.
- While pursuing engineering, she did a one-month internship at Reliance Jio USA, Inc. as a trainee.
- During her college years, she also worked as the Centre Head for a non-governmental organization (NGO), Make A Difference, where she worked for three years from 2015 to 2018. LinkedIn
- After graduating with a computer science degree from Vasavi College of Engineering, Manasa Varanasi joined a financial firm, FactSet Fix Certification Engineer, in Hyderabad, where she started working as a financial information exchange analyst in June 2018.
- Manasa Varanasi won the title of Miss Telangana 2019 while working as a financial information exchange analyst in Hyderabad; gearing her up for the Femina Miss India 2020.
- On 10 February 2021, in a grand finale event held at Mumbai’s Plush Hotel, Suman Ratan Singh Rao, the winner of Femina Miss India 2019, crowned Manasa Varanasi the Femina Miss India 2020. In the same event, Uttar Pradesh’s Manya Singh was crowned Miss India 2020 runner-up, while Haryana’s Manika Sheokand was declared Miss Grand India 2020 by a jury panel comprising of actors Neha Dhupia, Chitrangada Singh, Pulkit Samrat, and renowned designer duo Falguni and Shane Peacock.
- According to Manasa Varanasi, she considers her mother, grandmother, and younger sister as the three most influential people in her life.
- Apart from performing arts, Manasa loves to experience adventurous activities, and she has trekked Karnataka’s highest peak, Mullayanagiri Peak.
- Manasa has a unique hobby of skygazing through tree branches.
- During the COVID-19 lockdown period in India, she revealed another skill of her of embroidery through various posts on Instagram.
- In an interview, Manasa revealed that she was trained in Indian sign language. She talked about this skill through a video post on Instagram in which she said,
I learned to sign because…learning makes me happy. When I started learning the language, it was mostly my curiosity driving me. But over time, as I started listening with my eyes, I started understanding the beauty of deaf culture. I hope we all work together in making society more inclusive for the deaf community.”
- Manasa Varanasi is a dog lover, and she often shares her love for canines by uploading their pictures on social media.
- Here’s an interesting video about Manasa Varanasi’s biography: