|Famous For||Winning VLCC Femina Miss India 2020 1st Runner-Up title on 10 February 2021 (Wednesday)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Wikipedia Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||Year 2001|
|Age (as of 2020)||19 Years|
|Birthplace||Kushinagar, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Kushinagar, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||S. M. Lohia High School, Maharashtra|
|College/University||Thakur College of Science and Commerce, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Banking & Insurance
• Graduation in Management Facebook Beauty Pageants
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Omprakash Singh (Rickshaw Driver)
Mother- Manorama Singh (works at a parlour)
|Siblings||She has one younger brother.
|Food||Daal, Roti, Aam Ka Achar, Nutella|
|Book||The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho|
|Film||Peaceful Warrior (2006)|
|Quote||Make your own destiny!|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manya Singh
- Manya Singh is an Indian model, and she has won VLCC Femina Miss India 2020 1st Runner-Up title.
- In her childhood, she faced many problems like poverty, domestic violence, and patriarchal culture which was forced on her. In an interview, she said,
I’ve spent numerous nights without food and sleep. I’ve spent many afternoons walking for miles on end. My blood, sweat, and tears have amalgamated into the courage to pursue my dreams. Being a rickshaw driver’s daughter, I never had the opportunity to attend school as I had to start working in my teens. All the clothes I had were hand-me-downs. I yearned for books, but luck wasn’t in my favour. Eventually, my parents mortgaged whatever little jewellery my mother had to ensure that I paid my exam fees to earn a degree. My mother has suffered a lot to provide for me.”
- She could not attend school from class 3 to class 8, due to the lack of finances.
- When she was 14 years old, she decided to escape from her home. She started working at Pizza Hut in Mumbai and worked as utensils cleaner, and with her salary, she continued her studies.
- In her class 10, she scored 80%, and she received the best student award in class 12.
- While she was in college, she worked at a call centre to pay her fees. In one of her Instagram posts, she uploaded a post about her struggling days, she wrote,
At 14, I ran away from home. I somehow managed to complete my studies in the day, became a dishwasher in the evening and worked at a call centre at night. I’ve walked hours to reach places so I could save the rickshaw fare.”
- During her graduation, she prepared for the UPSC exams.
- Manya auditioned for ‘Campus Princess’ a beauty pageant for more than 10 times, but she could not clear the first round in any of them.
- She has walked the ramp in many renowned fashion shows like Times Fashion Week and Lakme Fashion Week.
- She has worked as a model for print advertisements like Ahilya fine silver jewels.
- She was crowned as Miss India Uttar Pradesh in 2020. Manya represented Uttar Pradesh in VLCC Femina Miss India 2020 contest, and on 10 February 2021, she was declared as 1st Runner-Up in the beauty contest.
- In her leisure time, she loves to read books, travel, and dance.
- She could not take grooming classes for Miss Uttar Pradesh beauty pageant due to her poor financial condition. She used to observe female models and learnt catwalk through YouTube videos.
- She is an animal lover and posts pictures with various animals on her social media account.
- On her Instagram account, she has endorsed various brands like Sephora and Staunch India.
- On 28 February 2021, she made a guest appearance in the popular Indian singing reality show Indian Idol 12 in which she talked about her struggle and winning Miss India 2020 title as the first runner-up.