|Famous For||Winning the title of Femina Miss Grand India (2020)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Instagram Height||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||1996|
|Age (as of 2021)||25 Years|
|School||Kailash Bahl DAV Senior Secondary Public School, Chandigarh|
|College/University||Dr. S. S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (2013-2018)|
|Educational Qualification||Integrated B.E. (Chemical)-MBA LinkedIn|
|Hobbies||Reading, Watching Movies, Playing Ukulele|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Suraj Mal Sheokand
Mother- Mamta Shoekhand
|Siblings||Sister- Kanika Sheokand
|Holiday Destination||Kashmir, India|
|Film||Dead Poet society (1989)|
|Book||The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand|
|Quote||"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." (Nelson Mandela)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manika Sheokand
- Manika Sheokand is an Indian model who came into the limelight after winning the title of Femina Miss Grand India (2020).
- In an Instagram post, Manika revealed that her parents suffered the wrath of the age-old misogynist culture, which considers a girl child as a burden. She said that people pitied her parents for having a second girl child. Since then, she has been determined to create a distinct identity for herself and make her parents proud.Instagram
- Apart from excelling in her academics, she was also a national-level netball player during her school days.
- After graduating from Dr. S. S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology, she went on to pursue an MBA. In May 2016, she started working at KBR, Inc., Gurgaon. After working at KBR, Inc. for three months, she joined Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited. Later, she left her job to pursue a career in modelling.
- In 2019, Manika began her career as a model. She walked the ramp for popular designer labels Anjalee and Arjun Kapoor, Narendra Kumar, and Rina Dhaka at Gurugram International Couture Week (2019). She was the show-stopper of the event.
- In an interview, Manika revealed that it was her elder sister who encouraged her to participate in the beauty pageant Femina Miss India (2020). She said,
It was my elder sister who convinced me that I should participate in the pageant. I always thought that winning the crown was a dream I could never achieve…”
- On 10 February 2021, Hyderabad’s Manasa Varanasi was crowned Miss India World, while Manika Sheokand earned the title of Femina Miss Grand India 2020, and Uttar Pradesh’s Manya Singh went on to become Miss India 2020 Runner-up at the grand finale event of Femina Miss India (2020), which was held at Plush Hotel, Mumbai. The jury panel comprised of popular Bollywood actors Neha Dhupia, Chitrangada Singh, Pulkit Samrat, and renowned designer duo Falguni and Shane Peacock.
- Through Femina Miss India’s platform, Manika aims at spreading awareness about climate change issues. During her corporate journey, she worked towards the sustainable development program of the company she worked in. She initiated the process of tracking the carbon footprint of the company to reduce its impact on the environment. She has adopted various eco-friendly practices at an individual level.
Women play a crucial role in preserving the climate, and that is why one of the SDG especially focuses on gender equality and women empowerment. Gradually, I realized that to make an extraordinary impact, an extraordinary platform is a prerequisite…”
- She is a big-time movie enthusiast who aspires to be an actress. In her audition video for Femina Miss India (2020), she said,
I am passionate about learning the art of acting, I love watching movies and I m fond of reading books.”
- Manika Sheokand idolises the established actress and former Miss World, Priyanka Chopra. In an interview, she said,
I am most inspired by Priyanka Chopra because of her strong personality and the way she has carved out an identity for herself. Her strong persona has inspired me to break the glass ceilings and stereotypes and emerge as a winner in every aspect of my life. Seeing her gives me hope that one can achieve anything one aspires for if they are strong-headed and hardworking, nothing is impossible if you are determined.”
- She never followed a diet until she decided to enrol herself in the beauty pageant Femina Miss India (2020).
- During Manika’s college days, her friends believed her sister to be her clone. Excited, they made Manika meet her clone one day, only to realise that she was Manika’s elder sister.
- In an interview, while stating interesting facts about herself, she quoted,
I have social media phobia, sometimes,”
- She is a great admirer of Anna Wintour, a British-American journalist who served as editor-in-chief of Vogue. In an interview, Manika said,
My dream job would be to assist Anna Wintour. I have been a huge fan of her work and I would love to assist her in her creative jobs.”