|Full Name||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (after marriage)|
|Profession(s)||Actress and Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 56 kg
in Pounds- 123 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-36
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green Blue|
|Date of Birth||1 November 1973
|Age (as of 2022)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai
|College||Jai Hind College, Mumbai
D. G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
|Educational Qualifications||College dropout|
|Debut||Film Debut: Iruvar (1997, Tamil film)
Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya (1997, Bollywood film)
|Family||Father- Krishnaraj Rai (Army biologist)
Mother- Vrinda Rai (Homemaker)
Brother- Aditya Rai (Engineer in merchant navy)
Father-in-law- Amitabh Bachchan (Actor)
Mother-in-law- Jaya Bachchan (Actress)
|Address||Jalsa, B/2, Kapol Housing Society, VL Mehta Road, Juhu, Mumbai
Villa in Sanctuary Falls in Jumeirah Golf Estates, Dubai
|Hobbies||Knitting, collecting watches and reading|
|Controversies||• Sued Star and Style magazine: In 1996, she sued the Star and Style magazine for an amount of 20 million (2 crore INR) for publishing that actress Raveena Tandon had caught her and Akshay Kumar in a compromising position at the poolside of a 5 star hotel.
• Relationship with Salman Khan: Her relationship with Salman Khan from 1999 to 2001 was controverial, and after her break-up she said that she faced abuse (verbal, physical and emotional) from Salman Khan.
• Shakti Kapoor said Aishwarya traded sexual favours: After the casting couch sting operation of Shakti Kapoor in 2005, he said that Aishwarya had traded sexual favors for a spot in Subhash Ghai’s movies. But, later he apologized for his words and considered it as a result of his anger.
• Panama Papers case: In December 2021, she was summoned by the Enforcement Directorate in connection with the Panama papers. The actress was alleged to have slashed wealth abroad. After 'The Panama Papers' case made headlines in 2016, the agency started investigating alleged forex violations in 2017 and issued notices to the Bachchan family asking them to explain their foreign remittances since 2004 under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS) of the Reserve Bank of India. NDTV On 21 December 2021, the actress appeared before the Enforcement Directorate (ED) for recording her statement. According to the agency, Ms. bachchan was the director of One British Virgin Islands-based company that was set up in 2005 and dissolved in 2008. The Hindu
|Food||Chicken Curry and Chocolates|
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan and Raj Kapoor|
|Film||Hollywood: Casablanca (1942)|
|Directors||Mani Ratnam and Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Book||The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho|
|Color||Black, Blue and White|
|Perfume||Happy by Clinique|
|Fashion Designer||Giorgio Armani|
|Travel Destination(s)||France, Dubai, and South Africa|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rajeev Mulchandani (Model)
Salman Khan (1999-2001)
Vivek Oberoi (Actor)
Abhishek Bachchan (Actor)
|Husband||Abhishek Bachchan, Actor (2007-present)
|Marriage Date||20 April 2007
Daughter- Aaradhya (born in 2011)
|Cars Collection||Audi A8
|Expensive Things/Valuables||She has a collection dof luxury watches including Dolce Vita collection (priced at Rs 9 lakhs)|
|Salary (approx.)||9-10 crore/film (INR)
|Net Worth (approx.)||$35 million
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aishwarya Rai
- Does Aishwarya Rai smoke? : No
- She was a bright student and consistently used to score above 90%.
- If not an actress, she would have either been an architect or in medicine line as she always liked Zoology.
- During her 12th standard, her English professor asked her to do a photo shoot for a fashion magazine, as she was also a photojournalist. After doing it, she started getting modelling offers but she refused them as she wanted to concentrate on her studies. But, after her 12th exams, the glamour world attracted her and she did modelling for a lark.
- Before becoming famous, she tried her luck in voice-dubbing for a TV serial but was rejected.
- In 1993, she came into limelight with her Pepsi commercial alongside Aamir Khan and Mahima Chaudhry.
- She was the hot favorite to win the 1994 Miss India title, but she lost it to Sushmita Sen, mainly due to her lack of public speaking skills.
- During the Miss World title days in South Africa, all the 82 contestants and the organizers gave her a big surprise birthday bash by singing ‘Happy Birthday’ in their respective languages.
- Julia Roberts once said that “Aishwarya Rai is the most beautiful woman in the world.”
- She is a trained classical dancer.
- She is the only actress to have featured for both Pepsi and Coca Cola.
- During the making of the song Dola Re Dola from the film Devdas (2002), she suffered from ear bleeding due to heavy earrings.
- In 2003, she became the 2nd Indian actress (1st was Parveen Babi) to appear on the cover page of the TIME magazine.
- During the shooting of her film Khakee (2004), she had an accident due to the out of control car of the stuntman, after which she suffered severe cuts.
- In 2004, she became the 1st Indian actress to have her wax statue at London’s Madame Tussauds museum.
- She was offered the role of Breseis in the film Troy (2004), but she turned down the offer.
- She founded the Aishwarya Rai Foundation in 2004 to support needy people in India.
- She was initially signed to play the role of Simmi in the film Bluffmaster (2005), but was later replaced by Priyanka Chopra without any notice. After the film was made, Rohan Sippy, the director of the film added a ‘Special thanks” message for her in the end credits as an apology.
- She and her family own a production company, Target Films.
- She has been supporting the Eye Bank Association of India (EBAI), PETA India, Polio Campaign.
- In 2004, she was voted among 100 Most Influential People in the World by Time Magazine.
- Her lavish wedding in 2007 cost around 6 crores (INR), where she wore a 53-carat solitaire engagement ring worth 50 lakh (INR) and received around 15 kg of gold.
- In 2009, she became the 1st Indian and South Asian actress to appear in the famous Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Her daughter Aaradhya is popularly known as Beti B.
- She has Katsaridaphobia, i.e. fear of cockroaches.
- She had a photograph with Ranbir Kapoor in 1998, and 18 years later in 2016, they came together in the film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.
- On 12 July 2020, Aishwarya and her 8-year-old daughter Aaradhya Bachchan, both were tested positive for COVID-19. Earlier, her husband, Abhishek Bachchan and father-in-law Amitabh Bachchan had also been tested positive on 11 July 2020.
Aishwarya and Aaradhya have also tested COVID-19 positive. They will be self quarantining at home. The BMC has been updated of their situation and are doing the needful.The rest of the family including my Mother have tested negative. Thank you all for your wishes and prayers 🙏🏽
— Abhishek 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧 (@juniorbachchan) July 12, 2020
- In May 2022, a modelling invoice from the initial phase of her career went viral on the internet; the bill dates back to 23 May 1992, roughly two years before she won the coveted Miss World title in 1994. The bill shows that she got paid Rs. 1,500 in lieu of her work for a magazine shoot.