|Full Name||Chitrangada Singh Chahal|
|Profession(s)||Model, Actress, Film Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height IMBD||in centimeters- 158 cm
in meters- 1.58 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 2¼”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film (Actor): Hazaaron Khawahishein Aisi (2005)
Film (Producer): Soorma (2018)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Bollywood Movie Award for ‘Best Female Debut for the film “Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi” (2006)
• FICCI Young Women Achiever Award (2009)
• Awarded by the Indian Council For UN Relations for ‘Excellence in the Field of Entertainment’ (2020)
|Date of Birth||30 August 1976 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India|
|Hometown||Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India|
|School||Sophia Girl’s School, Meerut|
|College/University||Lady Irwin College, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Home Science|
|Address||28th floor of Oberoi Springs on Link Road, Andheri, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Swimming, Kickboxing, Travelling, Playing Golf|
|Controversies||• Her alleged love affair with director Sudhir Mishra is considered as one of the reasons behind her divorce with Jyoti Randhawa.
• In 2016, she had a spat with director Kushan Nandy during the shooting of Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' (2017) due to 'creative differences', following which Chitrangada quit the film.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Jyoti Singh Randhawa (Golf Player)
• Sudhir Mishra (Film Director; Rumoured)
|Husband/Spouse||Jyoti Randhawa (m.2001–2014)
|Children||Son- Zorawar Randhawa
|Parents||Father- Niranjan Singh (Retired Army Officer)
Mother- Name Not Known (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Digvijay Singh (Golfer)
Sister- Tina Singh
|Food||Mutton Biryani, Malai Tikka, Fried Eggs, Bacon|
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra, Ranveer Singh|
|Actress(es)||Rekha, Hema Malini, Smita Patil, Shabana Azmi, Vidya Balan, Audrey Hepburn|
|Film(s)||Satte Pe Satta (1982), Deewar (1975), Sholay (1975), Jodhaa Akbar (2008)|
|Colour(s)||Black, White, Grey|
|Car Collection||BMW X5
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chitrangada Singh
- Chitrangada was born in a Jat family with an army background.
- In her college days, Chitrangada wanted to become an air hostess. She tried to enroll for it but failed thrice.
- She started her career as a model and did a few modeling assignments.
- She came into the limelight after featuring in the music video of Gulzar’s video song “Sunset Point.”
- Chitrangada was spotted by film director, Sudhir Mishra in the music video of the song “Koi Lauta De Woh Pyare Pyare Din,” who offered her a role in the film “Hazaaron Khawahishein Aisi.”
- Next, she appeared in the Bollywood film “Kal: Yesterday and Tomorrow” (2005).
- She made her comeback in Bollywood in 2008 with the film “Sorry Bhai.”
- Singh has appeared in many Bollywood films, like “Desi Boyz,” “Anjaan,” “Gabbar Is Back,” “Munna Michael,” and “Baazaar.”
- Singh had known Jyoti Singh Randhawa since she was in class 8. Their fathers were in the same army regiment.
- She had dated Jyoti Singh Randhawa for five years before marrying him in 2001.
- Chitrangada enjoys doing adventure sports like River Rafting and Sky Diving.
- She was named after ‘Chitrangada’, one of Arjuna’s wives in the Hindu epic ‘Mahabharata.’
- She has been compared to the legendary Bollywood actress, Smita Patil, due to her similar looks and acting style.
- Singh is a trained kathak dancer.
- In 2012, after the Dehli gang-rape incident of Nirbhaya, Chitrangada shared a nightmare incident of her college days in Dehli by saying,
I’ve suffered my share of sexual harassment, which I think every girl in DU (Delhi University) has experienced. It’s horrible. You can’t get into a DTC (Delhi Transport Corporation) bus. I can understand what she (the victim) has gone through.”
- Singh was earlier offered the lead in the Bollywood film “Krrish 3,” but she walked out of the film due to the date clashes with Sudhir Mishra’s another film. Later, her other film also got shelved.
- Chitrangada has featured on the cover of the “Hello Magazine.”
- The Punjabi singer, Honey Singh shared during an interview that he had a massive crush on Chitrangada. He said,
Chitrangda isn’t from earth. She’s from Pandora. Woh ek alag planet se hi hai, she’s that beautiful,” Honey Singh stated. He even claimed that he would be willing to adopt her son, if it came down to it.”
- Chitrangada has endorsed brands like Airtel, Parachute, Borges Olive Oil, Taj Mahal Tea, Titan Eye Plus, Dollar Missey.
- She is also the brand ambassador of PETA.