Age: 32 Years
Father: David Dhawan
Girlfriend: Natasha Dalal
|Full Name||Varun David Dhawan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 15 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film: Student of the Year (2012)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||Stardust Awards
2013: Breakthrough Performance (Male) for Student of the Year
2015: Best Actor (Comedy/Romance) for Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania
International Indian Film Academy Awards
2015: Best Performance in a comic role for Main Tera Hero
2017: Best Performance in a comic role for Dishoom
|Date of Birth||24 April 1987 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Nottingham Trent University, England|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Business Management|
|Address||• A/15, Sagar Darshan, Hanuman Nagar, Off Carter Road, Khar (West), Mumbai
• 201 and 202, Beach Wood House at Oberoi Enclave which is Next To JW Marriot Hotel in Juhu, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Dancing, Swimming and Reading|
|Controversies||• There was a rumour that Sohail Khan slapped Varun Dhawan after an argument, but both denied it.
• There was another rumour that Karan Johar organised a drug party at his home where many celebs were present including Varun Dhawan. Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Sara (when he was in the USA)
• Taapsee Pannu, Actress (Rumoured)
• Natasha Dalal, Fashion Designer
|Parents||Father- David Dhawan, Film Director
Mother- Karuna Dhawan
|Siblings||Brother- Rohit Dhawan, Film Director
|Favourite Food||Chicken, Cheesecake and Mishti Doi|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Govinda and Dwayne Johnson|
|Favourite Actress(es)||Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone and Angelina Jolie|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood- Guide (1965), Kaagaz Ke Phool (1959), Rang De Basanti (2006), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Raja Babu (1994)
Hollywood- American Psycho (2000)
|Favourite Singer(s)||Drake, Sonu Nigam|
|Favourite TV Shows||Late Show with David Letterman, 1993|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Red and Black|
|Favourite Restaurant||Shiv Sagar in Mumbai|
|Favourite Dancer||Michael Jackson|
|Favourite Travel Destinations||Goa, London and Maldives|
|Car Collection||• Audi Q7
|Bike Collection||• Royal Enfield
• Polaris Sportsman 850 (quad bike)
|Salary (approx.)||30 crores-35 crores India Today|
|Net Worth (approx.)||49.58 crores (2018) Forbes|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Varun Dhawan
- Does Varun Dhawan smoke?: No Times of India
- Does Varun Dhawan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Varun Dhawan is a popular Bollywood actor who was born into a family having strong connections in the Indian film industry. He grew up in Mumbai along with his elder brother Rohit.
- He is the nephew of the Bollywood actor ‘Anil Dhawan‘.
- In an interview, Varun revealed that his grandfather used to work at the HSBC bank in Hongkong.
- Since his childhood, Varun has been a huge fan of wrestling and he idolizes the famous wrestler Dwayne Johnson– ‘The Rock.’ Once, Varun’s fans requested ‘The Rock’ on Twitter to wish Varun on his birthday, which he had accepted and decided to wish Varun on his birthday. It was a great surprise for Varun when he received a birthday wish from Dwayne Johnson.
- He completed his graduation in Business Administration from London. In college, he participated in acting classes as an extracurricular activity.
- Reportedly, when he was studying in London, he worked as a leaflet distributor for nightclubs.
- In an interview, he revealed that before coming into the field of acting, he had tried to get a job in a London-based bank, but he got rejected.
- Varun made his first public appearance in the talk show ‘Jeena Isi ka Naam Hai,’ where his father was a guest.
- He worked as an Assistant Director with Karan Johar in the Bollywood movie ‘My Name is Khan’ (2010).
- He, along with Arjun Kapoor, learned acting from Barry John’s acting school, where they did a short film, ‘White Mountain’.
- His acting skills in Badlapur (2015) were appreciated both by the critics as well as the public.
- He loved the acting skills of co-actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui in Badlapur, and he got inspired by Nawaz to brush up his acting skills.
- Varun Dhawan has been featured on the cover of many prestigious magazines including the GQ Magazine, which featured him on its cover with the title “most bankable star of his generation.” He is often listed on Forbes highest-paid Indian celebs list.
- On 30 January 2018, he unveiled his wax statue at Madame Tussauds (Hong Kong). The statue is posing in his iconic step of the song ‘Disco Deewane’. He is one of the youngest stars to get such a statue.
- In 2018, he learned stitching and embroidery for his movie ‘Sui Dhaga’ with co-star Anushka Sharma. On his father’s birthday, he stitched a shirt and gifted it to him.
- His Jodi with the actress Alia Bhatt is considered as next generation’s ‘Shah Rukh Khan – Kajol’ Jodi.
- Reportedly, he had cut down his fees to half for the movie ‘October’ 2018, directed by Shoojit Sircar: as the budget was low for the film.
- He is dating his school friend Natasha Dalal for almost a decade, which he confirmed on the show ‘Koffee with Karan 6’. There was also a rumour that he had secretly got engaged to his long-time girlfriend Natasha Dalal. News18
- In 2018, he welcomed a new member in his family- his niece and shared the news on social media sites.
- He fell in a Twitter fight with Kangana‘s sister Rangoli for not mentioning Kangana’s name in his tweet after watching the trailer of the film ‘Judgemental Hai Kya.’
- He shares his birthday with his favourite cricketer Sachin Tendulkar (24 April).
- Apart from the films, he has also appeared in many TV commercials including Frooti, Skybags and Navratna.
- He is a gym freak and is inspired by Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- He likes to spend his leisure time with dogs.
- In 2019, he was paired with Sara Ali Khan, for the movie Coolie No. 1’s remake: directed by David Dhawan.
References/Sources: [ + ]