|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper (Black and White)|
|Service Years||1980 onwards|
|Unit||General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Eastern Command (sworn in on 1 October 2018)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Param Vishisht Seva Medal, 2019
• Ati Vishisht Seva Medal, 2017
• Sena Medal, 2015
• Vishisht Seva Medal, 2015
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Age (as in 2018)||Not Known|
|School||Jnana Prabodhini Prashala, Pune|
|College||Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore|
|Educational Qualification||M.Phil in Defence and Management Studies|
|Hobbies||Painting, Doing yoga and Gardening|
|Controversy||As per tradition, the General Officer Commanding (GOC), Delhi Area, a Lt General-rank officer, escort the Prime Minister to the dais, stands behind him as he delivers his Independence Day speech from the ramparts of Red Fort, and escorts him back to his seat. But on Independence Day in 2017, Lt Gen Manoj Mukund Naravane did not stand behind Prime Minister Narendra Modi as he delivered his speech. After escorting Modi to the dais, Naravane returned to his seat in the audience. At the end of the speech, Naravane got up to escort Modi back from the dais. Indian Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Wife||Veena Naravane (Regional President, Army Wives' Welfare Association of the Eastern Command)
• Isha (performing artist)
• Amala (PR Consultant in Singapore)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Salary (as a Lieutenant General)||79,000 pm. with 3% increment every year.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Manoj Mukund Naravane is Param Vishisht Seva Medal holder Lieutenant General in the Indian Army. He was sworn in as General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Eastern Command on 1 October 2018. His service number is IC-38750H.
- Naravane is an alumnus of National Defence Academy, Pune and Indian Military Academy, Dehradun. He has a master’s degree in Defence Studies from Chennai University and an MPhil in Defence and Management Studies from Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore.
- Naravane started his career with 7th Sikh Light Infantry in June 1980. He has vast experience of more than 37 years and has served in Counter-Insurgency Operations in Kashmir and Northeast India.
- During his career, he has commanded a Rashtriya Rifles battalion in Jammu and Kashmir; an Infantry brigade; Assam Rifles in Northeast India as Inspector General (North); a Strike Corps; General Officer Commanding (GOC), Delhi Area; and 20th General Officer Commander-in-Chief (GOC-in-C), Army Training Command (1 December 2017 – 30 September 2018). Indian Army
- He has also served internationally as the Indian Defence Attache to Myanmar.
- He was also the commander of the 2017 Republic Day parade.
- For his services to the army, he has been decorated with several medals. He has been awarded the Param Vishisht Seva Medal (2019), Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (2017), Sena Medal and Vishist Seva Medal (2015).
- He is married to Veena Naravane. She has experience of more than 27 years in the field of teaching in India and abroad and is Regional President, Army Wives’ Welfare Association of the Eastern Command. Indian Army
- He is speculated to be the next Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army after current 26th Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army Bipin Rawat retires in retires in December 2019. Times of India
- He has two daughters. The elder daughter Isha, is a graduate of Venkateshwara College, Delhi University and an alumnus of Trinity Laban Conservatory of Dance, London is married to Mr Simon Massey, a performing artist. The younger daughter Amala is a graduate of Singapore Management University and works as a PR Consultant in Singapore.
- Naravane is fond of painting, doing yoga and gardening.
References/Sources: [ + ]
|2, 3.||↑||Indian Army|
|4.||↑||Times of India|