|Full name||Linthoingambi Laishram Manipur Times|
|Profession(s)||Model, Actress, Businesswomen|
|Known for||Being the girlfriend of Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Maipur Times Height||in centimeters- 176 cm
in meters- 1.76 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9 ½"
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-26-32|
|Debut||Film: Om Shanti Om (2007) cameo appearance as Om Kapoor's Friend
|Honour||2018: Recognition as one of women achievers from Manipur by United living and Ningol Chakkouba committee
|Date of Birth||19 December 1985 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||36 Years|
|College/University||• Sophia College, Mumbai
• Tata Archery Academy, Jamshedpur
• Stella Adler Studio of Acting, New York
|Educational Qualification(s) Manipur Times||• Bachelor of Arts in Sociology at Sophia College, Mumbai
• Training in archery at Tata Archery Academy, Jamshedpur
• Acting course at Stella Adler Studio of Acting, New York
|Ethnicity||Mayang Imphal Times|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Playing sports, Trying new food|
|Controversy||In 2020, Lin attracted controversy when the Kangleipak Kanba Lup (KKL), Manipur demanded her apology to the people of Manipur for her remarks on racist characteristics of people in the region. The group also said in a press statement that they would fil a police case against her demeaning the Meiteis and the people of the entire north eastern region. The Morning Bell|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Randeep Hooda (actor)
|Parents||Father- Chandrasen Laishram (banker)
Mother- Sorodhoni Laishram (doctor)
|Siblings||Sister- Rita Laishram Lee
|Fashion designer||Sabyasachi Mukherjee|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lin Laishram
- Lin Laishram is an Indian model, actress and businesswoman who is known for being in a relationship with Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda.
- When she was a youngster, she joined a dance college in Manipur but her parents asked her to quit it and focus on her studies.
- She never dreamed of becoming an actress or model because, in her hometown, such professions were not taken very seriously. In an interview, she shared how she got her first break in the fashion industry. In the interview, she said, that she was selected by an agency that was looking for girls with long hair for a photo shoot for L’Oreal magazine during a college fest. She got selected and after her first photoshoot, she received a call from Elite Modelling Agency which asked her to prepare a portfolio in 2007.
- When she was a child, her father used to encourage her a lot play sports. Her father was a sportsman and the President of the Manipur Archery Association when he was young. Lin is a trained archer and was a Junior National Champion in the 1998 Nationals held in Chandigarh. She also won the best sportsperson of the year in the championship.
- In 2008, she represented Manipur in Miss North East and became the first runner-up at the event held in Shillong.
- In 2006, she shifted to New York and participated in various fashion shows like the India Fashion Week and New York Bridal Week. In 2010, she became a print and fashion model there. She was also the brand ambassador of the New York-based jewellery brand, Ozoru Jewelry.
- In 2011, she joined the theatre group, Motley, by Naseeruddin Shah, Pravah theatre Lab by Neeraj Kabi, and Rangbaaz.
- In 2012, she participated in the television reality show Kingfisher calendar girl and became the first Manipuri model to wear a swimsuit on national television which created a lot of problems in her hometown.
- She has appeared in the films Mary Kom (2014) as Bem, Umrika (2015) as Udai’s wife, Rangoon (2017) as Mema, Qaidi Band (2017), and Axone (2019) as Chanbi.
- She has been part of short films including We Are Mahindra (2017) and Ave Maria (2020).
- In 2007, she made a cameo in the Hindi sport-drama film Hattrick. She also played a small role in the Bollywood film, Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola (2013).
- She started her jewellery line called Shamooo Sana in March 2017. In an interview, she talked about her brand and said,
I first designed an earring for my mom and she was so happy. She pushed me to start my own venture. I experiment a lot and my designs are an amalgamation of different places and time. My designs are ready-to-wear, easy on the pocket and completely funky and stylish.”
- In 2022, she appeared in the Amazon Prime Video series Modern Love: Mumbai as Avantika.
- In 2020, Lin appeared in the film ‘Axone,’ which included cast from Northeast states. In an interview, she talked about Bollywood’s biasness against stories from the northeastern part of India. In the interview, she said,
Till date, Bollywood has not picked up any stories, any project with full cast and team from the north eastern states of India. The mainland people have to know about us. We have to know more about mainland India. Interactions between states and cultural exchange is required. There have been no female actors from Manipur before me who have come out and been part of Bollywood.”
- In 2021, she suggested that the role of Mary Kom played by Priyanka Chopra in the biopic, Mary Kom would have been played by a girl from Manipur or the North East. Later, Priyanka Chopra also said in an interview that she was nothing like Mary Kom. Lin appreciated Priyanka’s stand and in an interview said,
It’s really gracious and brave of Priyanka to finally accept this and put it out there. My admiration for her has only grown immensely. Inclusivity I feel is very hard to understand unless you are excluded.”
- In an interview, she said that it was much easier and people were more accepting in the fashion industry than in Bollywood. In the interview, she talked about this and said,
Working in the fashion industry was much easier but then I stepped into the shocking world of Bollywood. People would call me only if they had a role of a Chinese character. It was a huge contrast compared to the modelling industry. But then you learn with time and move on. I am always looking out for substantial work. It hasn’t been easy at all.”
- According to her, actors from the Northeast are offered roles like spa girl, prostitute or waiter.
- In 2017, she came in support of human rights activist Irom Sharmila and called her superwoman. In an interview, she said that she would support Irom in everything she does.
- Lin does not use her full name because her non-Manipuri friends could not pronounce it. In an interview, she said that one of her professors changed her name to Lin which she still uses.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.