Manvendra Singh Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||Manvendra Singh Jasol|
|Other Name||Col. Manvendra Singh|
|Profession(s)||Politician, Army Personnel|
|Famous For||Being the son of the politician, Jaswant Singh|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 175 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (2018-Present)
Bharatiya Janata Party (Late 90's- 2018)
|Date of Birth||19 May 1964|
|Age (as in 2018)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India|
|School||Mayo College, Rajasthan|
|College/University||• Hampshire College, Amherst, Massachusetts
• School of Oriental and African Studies, London
|Educational Qualification||Masters of Arts from School of Oriental and African Studies, London|
|Address||Jasol House, Pawta B/4 Road, Jodhpur|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||June 17, 1994|
|Children||Son- Hamir Singh Rathore
Daughter- Harshini Kumari Rathore
|Parents||Father- Thakur Jaswant Singh (Retired Army Personnel and Politician)
Mother- Sheetal Kanwar
|Car Collection||Mahindra XUV, Model No-2012 (RJ04-UA2233)|
|Assets/Properties||Bank Fixed Deposits: ₹30 Lakhs
Bonds, Debentures, Shares: ₹5 Lakhs
Jewellery: ₹26 Lakhs
Total Value: ₹86 Lakhs
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹98 Lakhs (as in 2013)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Manvendra Singh
- Before joining the politics, Manvendra was a journalist and worked for the Statesman and the Indian Express.
- Manvendra entered politics in the late ’90s as a member of Bharatiya Janata Party.
- In 1999, he contested elections from Barmer-Jaisalmer constituency of Rajasthan and lost his first Lok Sabha election to Sona Ram (Indian National Congress).
- In 1999, he also fought in the Kargil War as he was serving under the Territorial Army.
- He won the Lok Sabha election (2004) defeating Sona Ram by 2,71,888 votes from the same constituency.
- In the 14th Lok Sabha, Singh represented Barmer-Jaisalmer constituency of Rajasthan where he was appointed a member of the Standing Committee on Defence.
- In 2013, he won the Vidhan Sabha Election from Shiv constituency in Rajasthan as a candidate of BJP.
- In 2014, when he campaigned against the BJP Lok Sabha Candidate from his father’s constituency, Manvendra was suspended from BJP.
- In 2018, Singh quit Bharatiya Janata Party to join Indian National Congress, just before 2018 Rajasthan Legislative Assembly Elections. He claimed that BJP insulted his father, Jaswant Singh. He further told PTI,
“The people of Rajasthan, especially from Barmer, Jalaur, Jaisalmer, and Jodhpur will take revenge for the insult caused to my father Jaswant Singh when he was denied the party ticket and expelled (from the BJP),”
- In 2013, He published the book, Campaign Diary: Chronicle of an Election Fought and Lost.
- He holds the rank of Colonel in Territorial Army (India).