|Full Name||Sharmistha Mukherjee|
|Profession(s)||An Indian Kathak Dancer, Choreographer and Politician
|Famous For||Daughter of Pranab Mukherjee (13th President of India)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Political Party||Indian National Congress
|Political Journey||• Sharmistha joined the Indian National Congress in July 2014.
• She contested the Delhi Assembly election (in February 2015) from the Greater Kailash constituency, but lost.
• She currently heads the Mahila Congress and the media department of the Delhi Congress.
|Date of Birth||30 October 1965|
|Age (as in 2017)||52 Years|
|Birthplace||West Bengal, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|School||Lady Irvin, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduation (Sociology)|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Parents||Father- Pranab Mukherjee
Mother- Suvra Mukherjee
|Siblings||Brother- Indrajit Mukherjee, Abhijit Mukherjee
|Net Worth (approx.)||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sharmistha Mukherjee
- Sharmistha Mukherjee describes herself and her family fiercely democratic.
- Being the daughter of the former President of India, she had many responsibilities, but she managed to coexist as an individual and never really took advantage of her father’s position.
- According to Sharmistha, she was the only one in the family who could argue with her father who used to call her ‘monkey’ lovingly.
- Sharmistha Mukherjee has showcased the rich cultural heritage of India through her art in more than 40 countries.
- She joined politics in 2014 and firmly believes in the true ideology of liberalism, democracy and pluralism of the founding fathers of Indian National Congress; and that politics is the highest form of public service.
- Sharmistha is currently the chief spokesperson and communication in-charge of the Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee and also a national media panellist of the All India Congress Committee. She was appointed The Chief Head of Mahila Congress by Rahul Gandhi.
- Sharmistha has always been vocal about her views. Once after being harassed by a man on Facebook, she immediately named and shamed the man on her social media account.
- She has always expressed her admiration for the Congress. There were rumours that she might join BJP but Sharmistha shut them down by stating that she would rather leave politics than leave Congress.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography