Some Lesser Known Facts About Paul Ryan
- Does Paul Ryan smoke?: Not Known
- Does Paul Ryan drink alcohol?: Yes
- In 1884, his great-grandfather, Patrick William Ryan, founded an earth-moving company which is now known as Ryan Incorporated Central.
- His grand-father, Stanley M. Ryan, has been the U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Wisconsin.
- While in school, Ryan played in the 7th-grade Basketball Team.
- While in Joseph A. Craig High School in Janesville, Ryan was elected President of his junior class.
- In the second year of his school, he took a job at McDonald’s.
- His father died of heart-attack when Ryan was 16.
- Ryan’s family has a fatal history of heart-attacks before age 60 and because of this; Paul Ryan pursues an intense fitness program called P9OX.
- During college, he was a member of the College Republicans and volunteered for John Boehner in his congressional campaign.
- In an interview, Ryan told that he was inspired to get involved in public service by the Russian novelist Ayn Rand’s works.
- In the early years of his career, Ryan worked as a fitness trainer, as a waiter and did other odd jobs.
- In 1998, when he won Republican Primary over Michael J. Logan and the general election against Democrat Lydia Spottswood, he became the second-youngest member of the House.
- Ryan negotiated the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2013 together with Democratic Senator Patty Murray.
- On 29 October 2015, when Paul Ryan was elected Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, he became the first person from Wisconsin to hold this position.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)