|Real Name/Full Name||Anand L. Rai|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 85 kg
in pounds- 187 lbs
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||28 June 1971|
|Age (as of 2023)||52 Years|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|School||Name Not Known (A school in Delhi)|
|College/University||Name Not Known (A college in Aurangabad, Maharashtra)|
|Educational Qualification||B. Tech in Computer Science|
|Debut||Direction: Strangers (2007)
|Family||Father- Name Not Known (Teacher)
Mother- Name Not Known (Teacher)
Brother- Ravi Rai (TV Director)
Sister- Not Known
|Address||Andheri West, Mumbai - 400053, Near Writers Association|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Kangana Ranaut|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anand L. Rai
- Does Anand L. Rai smoke:? Not Known
- Does Anand L. Rai drink alcohol:? Not Known
- Anand L. Rai’s family are originally Rai Singhanis, who emigrated from Sindh to Dehradun during Partition. At the time, his father was only 16-years old.
- After securing a degree in computer engineering, Anand realised that he did not find any happiness in a ‘desk job.’ Thus, he moved to Mumbai at the age of 24 and began to walk in the footsteps of his elder brother, Ravi, who was an established TV director by then.
- However, he found directing TV shows “creatively unsatisfying”. As a result, he quit TV and took a sabbatical to direct a full-fledged feature film. Eventually, he came up with Jimmy Shergill, Kay Kay Menon starrer Strangers (2007), which proved to be a huge disappointment.
- His next directorial venture, Thoda Life Thoda Magic (2008), also met the same fate. With two back-2-back failures, most of the producers were reluctant to hire him. However, things took a turn again, this time for the better, when his 2011 movie- Tanu Weds Manu, starring Kangana Ranaut, became a huge commercial success.
- Interestingly, Anand and his wife have been ‘together’ since the age of 12. In an interview, he revealed that his wife, who was his neighbour during their younger days, has been his constant companion through every trial and tribulation.
- After the success of Tanu Weds Manu and Raanjhanaa, Anand set up his own production house by the name of “Colour Yellow.”
- A serious accident was averted on the sets of his film, Dwarf (2018), which features actor Shah Rukh Khan in the lead role. Reportedly, a major portion of the ceiling fell off during the shooting, leaving two crew members injured. Since SRK was seated on the other side of the set, he remained unharmed.