|Full Name||Kulsoom Nawaz Sharif|
|Other Name||Begum Kulsoom Nawaz|
|Famous For||Being the wife of former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Date of Birth||29 March 1950|
|Date of Death||11 September 2018|
|Place of Death||London, England|
|Age (at the time of death)||68 Years|
|Death Cause||Cardiac Arrest after a Chronic Lymphoma (a type of Cancer)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|College(s)/University||• Islamia College, Lahore, Pakistan
• Forman Christian College, Lahore, Pakistan
• University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
|Educational Qualification||• A Master's Degree in Urdu from the University of the Punjab in 1970
• PhD in Philosophy
|Political Inclination||• Islami Jamhoori Ittehad (1988–1993)
• Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (1993–till her death)
|Boys, Affairs, and More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage Date||April 1971|
|Husband/Spouse||Nawaz Sharif (Politician)
|Children||Son(s)- Hassan Nawaz Sharif,
Hussain Nawaz Sharif
Daughter(s)- Maryam Nawaz (Politician),
Asma Nawaz Sharif
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||Brother- 1 (Name Not Known)
Sister(s)- 2 (Names Not Known)
|Favourite Place||Lahore, Pakistan|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kulsoom Nawaz
- Kulsoom Nawaz was born in a Kashmiri family of Lahore.
- She was the granddaughter of one of the world’s most acclaimed wrestlers “The Great Gama.”
- After receiving her Master’s degree in Urdu from the Punjab University in 1970, Kulsoom married Nawaz Sharif in 1971.
- When Nawaz Sharif’s government was dismissed by the former President Pervez Musharraf, Kulsoom served as the President of the PML-N from 1999 to 2002.
- She was also elected to Lahore’s NA-120 constituency in a by-poll after her husband, Nawaz Sharif was disqualified from the seat by the Supreme Court. However, she couldn’t actively participate in politics due to health reasons and left for the United Kingdom for the treatment.
- In August 2017, she was diagnosed with early-stage lymphoma and had been in London since, where she underwent at least five chemotherapy sessions and multiple surgeries.
- When Pervez Musharraf jailed Nawaz Sharif along with his men, Kulsoom had also been put under house arrest along with her daughter Maryam.
- She had led a protest against the Musharraf regime to get her husband freed from prison.
- Over the last last 30 years, Kulsoom was the lady who had stood by her husband and advised him on various government affairs.
- According to sources, she occasionally wrote many of Nawaz’s speeches.
- During an interview in 2012, Kulsoom’s daughter Maryam had said her mother “dauntlessly challenged the usurper when a lot of men backed out… She’s contributed famously to my father’s life and to democracy in Pakistan.”
- She served as the First Lady of Pakistan for three non-consecutive terms from 1990-1993, 1997-1999 and 2013-2017.