|Mehr Mehreen Pirzada - Instagram
|Honey in the Telugu comedy film F2: Fun and Frustration
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)
|Film (Telugu): Krishna Gaadi Veera Prema Gaadha (2016) as Mahalakshmi
Film (Tamil): Nenjil Thunivirundhal (2017) as Janani
Film (Hindi): Phillauri (2017) as Anu Gill
Film (Punjabi): DSP Dev (2019) as Kirat
Web Series (Hindi): Sultan of Delhi (2023) as Sanjana; streamed on Disney+ Hotstar
|• Zee Cine Award Telugu for Entertainer of the Year for the film Krishna Gaadi Veera Prema Gaadha (2017)
• 16th Santosham Film Award for Best Actress (Special Jury Award) for the film Mahanubhavudu (2018)
• Zee Telugu Apsara Award for Trendsetter of the Year (2018)
|Date of Birth
|5 November 1993 (Saturday)
|Age (as of 2023)
|Bathinda, Punjab, India
|Bathinda, Punjab, India
|• A convent school in Punjab
• Mayo College Girls School, Ajmer
• Pathways World School, Aravali
|She attended a business school in New York.
|Criticised for her role in Sultan of Delhi
In 2023, many social media users critised her for doing hardcore intimate scenes in the Hindi-language web series Sultan of Delhi. However, she took to X, formerly Twitter, to clear the fact that the particular scene in the web series which was misunderstood as an intimate scene by many on social media was actually a marital rape scene. NDTV She tweeted,
"There was a scene in Sultan Of Delhi that depicted a brutal Marital Rape. It pains me to see that a serious issue like Marital Rape has been described by many in the media as a Sex Scene. This trivializes something that is a serious issue that many women the world over are currently dealing with.”
The tweet further read,
"It disturbs me that a certain section of the media and people on social media have picked upon this, these people should understand that they have sisters and daughters too and I pray to god they never have to go through such trauma in their own lives as just the thought of such brutality and violence against women is repugnant.”
|Relationships & More
|Bhavya Bishnoi (ex-fiancé) (politician)
|12 March 2021
|Father- Gurlal Pirzada (agriculturist, realtor)
Mother- Paramjit Kaur Pirzada (homemaker)
|Brother- Gurfateh Pirzada (model, actor)
|Palace Of Illusions by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
|Pirzada charges Rs. 80-90 lakhs for a project in the Telugu film industry (as of 2019). The Times of India
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mehreen Pirzada
- Mehreen Pirzada is an Indian actress and model who works in the Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, and Punjabi entertainment industries. She is known for playing the role of Honey in the Telugu comedy film F2: Fun and Frustration.
- She grew up in different cities of India including Ajmer and Gurgaon.
- While studying at the Mayo College Girls School, Ajmer, Pirzada served as a student council member.
- At Pathways World School, Aravali, Mehreen pursued two internally recognized programs- International General Certificate of Secondary Education program and International Baccalaureate (IB).
- She actively volunteered for the National Cadet Corps (NCC) in her school days. Pirzada was an active member of the International Rotary Club and also served as the Vice President of her school’s Interact Club
- She was also good at sports in her school days and used to participate in air pistol competitions. Pirzada qualified for pre-nationals of air pistol two times. However, she could not participate in it as the event dates clashed with her high school exams.
- While in school, Pirzada was good at business studies and thought of pursuing it for her higher studies. She even enrolled herself at a business school in New York. However, when she was in the second year of her college, she got inclined towards acting and decided to shift to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting.
- When Mehreen was 10 years old, she walked the ramp at a beauty pageant (as a child model) and was crowned Kasauli Princess in the pageant.
- In 2013, she took part in the Miss South Asia Canada beauty pageant in Toronto, where she won the title of Miss Personality.
- She then joined the Jemini Face Modeling company and did photoshoots for many popular designers.
- She has endorsed various brands like Dove India, Nikon, Pears, and Thumbs Up.
- Pirzada was featured in the music video of the Punjabi song Kalla Chann in 2014. The song was sung by the Punjabi singer Sharry Mann.
- Later, she featured in the music video of the Hindi song Zara Thehro (2020) by Armaan Malik and Tulsi Kumar.
- Pirzada has appeared on the covers of various magazines like You & I and Wow.
- She ventured into films in 2016 by playing the role of Mahalakshmi in the Telugu-language romantic comedy thriller film Krishna Gaadi Veera Prema Gaadha. The film performed well at the box office in India and in the US.
- In 2017, she played the role of Anu Gill in the Hindi-language fantasy-comedy film Phillauri.
- In the same year, she starred in the Telugu films Mahanubhavudu (2017), Raja the Great (2017), C/o Surya (2017), and Jawaan (2017).
- A year later, she appeared in the Tamil-language political thriller film NOTA in which she played the role of Swati Mahendran.
- Some of her popular Telugu films include Pantham (2018), F2: Fun and Frustration (2019), Entha Manchivaadavuraa (2020), and Manchi Rojulochaie (2021).
- She has appeared in many Tamil films including Pattas (2020) and Spark (2023).
- In 2019, she entered the Punjabi film industry with the film DSP Dev in which she played the role of Kirat.
- She then played the role of Shruti Chadda Ahuja in the Punjabi film Ardab Mutiyaran.
- In 2023, she played the role of Sanjana in the Disney+ Hotstar period crime thriller series Sultan of Delhi (2023). The web series was directed by Milan Luthria and was based on the book Sultan of Delhi: Ascension by Arnab Ray.
- In her spare time, Pirzada loves to travel and do adventure sports.
- In an interview, Mehreen shared that she was a tomboy in her teenage years and had never worn a skirt till she turned twenty. She also said that she mostly enjoyed being in the company of boys.
- Mehreen is a trained Bharatnatyam dancer and has represented India at various international dance festivals.
- She has also attended Young Global Leaders Conference in Washington D.C. and New York City, where she represented India.
- Mehreen is very particular about her fitness and follows a strict workout regimen. Pirzada also practises yoga regularly for her mental and physical peace.
- She loves dogs and owns a pet dog named Berlin. She keeps posting dog pictures on her Instagram account.
- Mehreen is spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.
- In an interview, Mehreen revealed that as a child, she kept changing her career aspirations very frequently. Some day she wanted to become a pilot, the other day an astronaut or a doctor or an IAS/IPS officer. She further said that until she reached class 12, she was not sure about what she wanted to do in life.
- She shares a great bond with her grandparents.
- On 12 March 2021, Mehreen exchanged rings with the Indian politician Bhavya Bishnoi in a private ceremony in Jaipur. Bhavya is the son of Adampur, Hisar MLA Kuldeep Bishnoi, and grandson of former Haryana state Chief Minister Bhajan Lal. According to some sources, they were set to get married in the same year but postponed it due to COVID-19 pandemic in India. Later, in July 2021, the couple called off their engagement. Sharing the same with her fans, Mehreen took to Instagram and wrote,
Bhavya Bishnoi and I have decided to break off our engagement and not go ahead with the wedding. It’s a decision that has been taken amicably and in the best interest. With respect in my heart, I would like to say that from now on I have no further association with Bhavya Bishnoi, any of his family members or friends. This is the only statement I will be making regarding this, and I hope that everyone respects my privacy as this is a very private matter. Meanwhile, I will continue to work and am looking forward to giving my best in my future projects and performances.”