Net Worth: Rs 2 Crore
Age: 30 Years
Caste: Bengali Brahmin
|Profession||Model, Actress, Politician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 55 kg
in Pounds- 121 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Political Party||All India Trinamool Congress (TMC)
|Political Journey||• In March 2019, she joined TMC
• In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, she won from West Bengal's Jadavpur Constituency
|Date of Birth||11 February 1989|
|Age (as in 2019)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Town Deomali, Arunachal Pradesh, India|
|School||Holy Child School, Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India
St. James' School, Binnaguri, West Bengal, India
|College||Asutosh College, Kolkata, India
University of Calcutta, Kolkata, India
|Debut||TV: 'Gaaner Oparey' (2010)
Film: 'Bapi Bari ja' (2012)
Song (singer): "Keno Je Toke Reprise" from the film 'Mon Jaane Na' (2019)
|Family||Father- Arun Chakraborty
Mother- Tapashi Chakraborty
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India|
|Tattoo||On The Right Forearm: Nataraj (lord of dance)
|Controversies||• Mimi Chakraborty landed into a controversy after her picture, in which she can be seen wearing gloves while shaking hands with the common people during one of her election campaigns, went viral on the social media. Her picture invited severe criticism and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) alleged that it was an insult to the voters. However, later, her team clarified that Mimi was suffering from burns and nail scratches on her hands and wore gloves to hide them.
• She again attracted controversy after she posted a photo of her wearing a 'hijab' and wished people a Happy Ramadan on social media. She was slammed for hurting the religious sentiments of people and her actions were termed as 'cheap publicity stunt' to gain votes.
• After Chakraborty won the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, she posted a picture of herself on the social media with the Parliament in the background. She was trolled for wearing western outfits in the parliament. People told her that it was not the place of her shooting and also adviced her to get serious.
• In 2018, Mimi got trolled for wearing tee and shorts in front of the idol of Lord Ganesha during Ganesh Chaturthi. People criticised her for her inappropriate dressing for the festival.
• The Bengali actress, Subhashree Ganguly, once tweeted that Raj Chakraborty and Mimi Chakraborty have gone on a vacation to Goa. The actress slammed Ganguly for spreading false rumours about her and even clarified that she went to her hometown for some urgent work and not for a vacation.
|Favourite Food||'Sondesh', 'Mishti Doi', Pastry, Cupcakes|
|Favourite Actor||Shahrukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Rani Mukerji|
|Favourite Musician||Shakira, Rihanna, Lata Mangeshkar|
|Favourite Colours||Red, Yellow|
|Favourite Sport||Basketball, Cricket|
|Favourite Cricketer||Sourav Ganguly|
|Favourite Restaurant||Tao Restaurant|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Raj Chakraborty (Rumoured; Director & Producer)
Melih Kizilkaya (Actor)
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 2 Crore (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mimi Chakraborty
- Does Mimi Chakraborty smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mimi Chakraborty drink alcohol?: Yes
- Mimi Chakraborty was born in Jalpaiguri, West Bengal and brought up in Deomali, Arunachal Pradesh but later she returned to Jalpaiguri.
- In 2011, she won ‘Telesomman Award’ and ‘Big Bangla Rising Star Awards’ for Best Actress.
- In 2016, she also received ‘Kolkata Desirable Actor Award’ for the Best Actress.
- Mimi loves celebrating her birthdays with kids at the orphanages.
- Chakraborty has been a part of Fame Fashion and Creative Excellence (FFACE), one of India’s prominent media, fashion, and talent management brands.
- She is very passionate about animals.
- In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, Mimi defeated BJP’s Anupam Hazra by 295239 votes from West Bengal’s Jadavpur Constituency.