|Profession(s)||Politician and former Joint Director of ED|
|Known for||Joining the BJP ahead of the 2022 Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly election|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 169 cm
in meters- 1.69 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||Black & White|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) (2022-present)
|Provincial Police Service|
|Service||Police Service (PPS) Officer|
|Batch||Year 1994 Zee News|
|Yaer of Joining||2009|
|Date of Birth||11 March 1973 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Calvin Talukdar College, Lucknow|
|College/University||IIT University, Dhanbad, Jharkhand|
|Educational Qualification(s) Twitter||• MA
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Laxmi Singh (IPS officer)|
|Parents||Father- Lete. Ran Bahadur Singh (retired IPS Officer)
Mother- Tara Singh
|Assets/Properties||• Bank Deposits: Rs. 57.92 lakh
• Jewelery: 300 gram Gold and 1 Kg Silver
|Net Worth||Rs. 3.47 crore (as of February 2022) Aaj Tak|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajeshwar Singh
- Rajeshwar Singh is a former Enforcement Directorate official who joined the Bharatiya Janata Party in January 2022 ahead of the Uttar Pradesh assembly election.
- He grew up in a middle-class family in Uttar Pradesh’s capital, Lucknow.
- His father, Ran Bahadur Singh, belongs to Pakhrauli village in Sultanpur, who later moved to Lucknow along with his family after he was posted as Circle Officer (CO) in Qaisar Bagh, Lucknow. His father was honoured with President’s Gallantry Award for his contributions to the Indian Police Service. A road in Lucknow has also been named after Rajeshwar Singh’s father’s name.
- According to Rajeshwar Singh, he was inspired by his father since childhood, and he always wanted to follow in his father’s footsteps.
- There are 13 encounter cases to his name; a feat that earned him the moniker ‘Encounter Specialist.’ He held the posts of CO (crime) and CO (traffic) while he was serving as DSP in Lucknow’s Gomti Nagar.
- During his service in Lucknow, he established a crime branch in Gomti Nagar to tackle criminal activities in the city.
- According to Rajeshwar, he always seeks his father’s help whenever he finds himself in a dillema.
- In 2005, President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam awarded him the ‘President’s Gallantry Medal’ for his contribution to the police service.
- Rajeshwar Singh, as an ED officer, is known for investigating many high-profile cases including 2G spectrum allocation case, Commonwealth Games scam, Coal mine allocation scam, Westland helicopter deal, Airtel Maxis scam, Amrapali scam, Noida Ponzi scheme scam, and Gomti riverfront scam. He is also known for investigating the fraud case against Sahara chief Subrata Roy in a housing finance scheme that later sent Roy to jail.
- In 2009, Rajeshwar Singh was called to Delhi, where he was inducted into the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on deputation. After serving the ED for 14 years, he took voluntary retirement in 2022.
- In 2015, he was inducted into the permanent cader of the ED following which he investigated many high-profile cases against prominent politicians including Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy and former Union Finance Minister P. Chidambaram and his son Karti Chidambaram.
- After getting a ticket from the Bharatiya Janata Party for Lucknow’s Sarojini Nagar seat ahead of the 2022 Uttar Pradesh assembly election, he wrote an emotional letter to the residents of Sarojini Nagar through which he tried to strongly connect with the people.
- According to Rajeshwar Singh, he joined the BJP after he was inspired by the work of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Amit Shah, JP Nadda, and Yogi Adityanath.
- Reportedly, the BJP gave him a ticket for Lucknow’s Sarojini Nagar by replacing the sitting MLA and minister Swati Singh.
- After filing his nomination from Lucknow’s Sarojini Nagar for the 2022 Uttar Pradesh assembly election, Rajeshwar Singh took to Twitter to share a photo of him with UP CM Yogi Adityanath and thanked him for inspiring him.
श्रद्धेय योगी आदित्यनाथ, माननीय मुख्यमंत्री उत्तर प्रदेश से आशीर्वाद प्राप्त किया। उनकी ऊर्जा अप्रतिम है। उनके मार्गदर्शन से आज नयी यात्रा का आरम्भ है।@myogiadityanath @CMOfficeUP @BJP4UP @BJP4LKO pic.twitter.com/8sZxj9yUIg
— Rajeshwar Singh (@RajeshwarS73) February 3, 2022